vjf915

PP return timeline

So in the directions on the pistol permits, it tells you which copies go where. It says that I have 5 days to forward the respective copies to the Superintendent of NJSP yaddah yaddah, and to the issuer. My question is.....is anybody aware of what happens if you don't turn it in after 5 days? I don't mean if you don't turn them in indefinitely, but what if it takes you say....two weeks?

Then the handgun is still in their name

That leaves you free to do some urban cleanup projects with it!

Any handgun you ever buy is still in your name, even if you sell it and send in the copy of the PP to the PD. The only thing they do when you sell a handgun is add another PP in the new buyers name, the old copy stays in your file forever.

Then the handgun is still in their name

That leaves you free to do some urban cleanup projects with it!

If you have the proper documentation on your end, the pistol is yours...It's just not registered in your name(which is not required by law) :icon_mrgreen: Fortunately it's not the buyers problem, and the seller should have all the incentive in the world to send the documents to the right people and on time. When buying anything FTF have a receipt and get it signed by the seller. This will prove actual ownership, the P2P should act as a receipt.

Now it makes sense why it is the sellers responsibility to get the papers in, instead of the buyers. Thanks for the input so far, I have already learned quite a bit. Now just wondering if there are any repercussions for turning it in a little late.

Now it makes sense why it is the sellers responsibility to get the papers in, instead of the buyers. Thanks for the input so far, I have already learned quite a bit. Now just wondering if there are any repercussions for turning it in a little late.

That is probably something some one who has done it will have to answer. I'm sure there glad to get them at any point in time. The issue is if they start hitting people with fines and other crap, if people are a day late they may not send them at all. So it may be easier for them to just let it go if it's late to keep people from not sending them at all. They might get pissed if u wait a year tho.