pwroffm30

Cherry Ridge Pistol Range

was searching around and stumbled upon this forum lots of good stuff, killed an hour already! My apologies if this is a repeat, I searched most of the CR topics but didn't find what I was looking for. Thinking of joining Cherry Ridge since i finally moved to sussex but they say the pistol range has 25yd and up target points. can you set your targets closer than 25yds? add removeable feet to their accepted target frame design?

thanks!

Welcome to the group.

The handgun range at CR provides sleds that fit the target frames and can be moved in or out to any distance. Some of the RO's have an occasional issue with shooters working at ranges less than 5 yards or so, some don't. But to answer your question, the distances aren't fixed, and you may feel free to move your targets as close or as far from your position as you like, within reason.

There are usually enough to go around, but when the range is crowded, there may be none immediately available. If you ask an RO nicely, he may go back to the shed and bring out a few additional ones if they have any.

I made a couple of sets of feet for mine that I bring with me when I go. I sometimes set up more than 1 target, and I don't want to be "that guy hogging all the sleds".

Welcome to the group.

The handgun range at CR provides sleds that fit the target frames and can be moved in or out to any distance. Some of the RO's have an occasional issue with shooters working at ranges less than 5 yards or so, some don't. But to answer your question, the distances aren't fixed, and you may feel free to move your targets as close or as far from your position as you like, within reason.

+1

And just wanted to add... on any given day many/most people will be using the target stand bases at closer distances... you certainly won't be the only one!

CR is a great range... I've been shooting there for as long as I can remember (really... I was probably 6 or 7 when Dad started taking me to the plinking range there!) The RO's are very nice, it's a very friendly range for everyone, but especially for women (since you mentioned your wife) and families.

Welcome to the forum, and to Sussex County :icon_mrgreen:

Great overall range and everyone is friendly. I'd suggest joining to anyone. I'm over an hr away and find the ride enjoyable with all the nice scenery and roads.

On a side note, finally picked up a .22 and never used that range. Can't remember if there are plinking targets there or if you have to bring your own spinning targets. Any help please?

Great overall range and everyone is friendly. I'd suggest joining to anyone. I'm over an hr away and find the ride enjoyable with all the nice scenery and roads.

On a side note, finally picked up a .22 and never used that range. Can't remember if there are plinking targets there or if you have to bring your own spinning targets. Any help please?

There are some targets there, most are shot up. I have a couple I bring that give you more stuff to shoot at.

+1

And just wanted to add... on any given day many/most people will be using the target stand bases at closer distances... you certainly won't be the only one!

CR is a great range... I've been shooting there for as long as I can remember (really... I was probably 6 or 7 when Dad started taking me to the plinking range there!) The RO's are very nice, it's a very friendly range for everyone, but especially for women (since you mentioned your wife) and families.

Welcome to the forum, and to Sussex County :icon_mrgreen:

Yeah I just didn't see 25m as a day in day out practical pistol distance,sure it's shootable and fun but it's just not what a short barrel weapon is made for at least to my mind. Thanks for the welcome and all the input, folks.

have a nice weekend, supposed to warm up a bit!