Sign in to follow this  
NJBeretta

Another No. Brunswick lurker exposed - hello

After reading posts here since time immemorial, for some reason I decided to come out of the woodwork and say hello!

Lived here since the late 80's - although I may be transplanted to Essex County sometime this year, my fiancee currently lives up there and we're now in the midst of the whole "living arrangements" talk. Currently have a good rapport with our local PD (graduated high school with several OTJs) and our detective who handles FIDs/permits, so it's going to be rough starting over with the new PD when the move-in officially happens.

That said, I'll actually have to plan trips to the range ahead of time - although might not be so bad, I'll get out of being dragged along on horrid shopping trips. :)

I'm currently a member of CRRC in West Windsor, although I haven't gotten down there since the fall. Getting stuck on the filthy NJ Transit every day until late evening kinda makes you want to do absolutely nothing once you get home. But our office is closed this Monday, I think I may head down there then.

I also get out to Fort Dix with my brother (he is a member of the public range there) when the weather gets nicer. He prefers the rifle ranges there, although he insists on getting there at the crack o' dawn to secure a good amount of range time.

Aside from the Bullet Hole (in Belleville), anybody know of any other ranges in the greater Essex County area?

That's about it for now... love this board and the members here

Greetings from a fellow North Brunswick resident. Do you know whom the Det. is that handles permits? You can message me off the site if you wish to not mention the name publicly. I have yet to get a permit but I am going to be doing so shortly.

Thanks and again welcome to the forum. There are a great group of people here.

Welcome. How do you like CRRC? I'm still looking for a reason to get a membership there, as I live literally around the bend from the location.

Anyway, best of luck with the transition!

Oh, and Ray, how is Bayonne close to North Brunswick?! That would be like saying I'm close to that range (which I'm not, at all).

Aside from the Bullet Hole (in Belleville), anybody know of any other ranges in the greater Essex County area?

He lives in the Brunswicks and goes to the Bullet Hole. The Bayonne Range is closer. Ben, I'm gonna PM a higher up Mod and have you banned for a day.

Welcome!

If you move north, you will be closer to Cherry Ridge (http://www.anjrpc.org/?cherry_ridge). Not right around the corner, but it's a nice drive, a very friendly, family oriented range, and a tremendous value (about $140/year, or $200 for a family, and they are open every day of the year from sunrise to sundown, except for 2 or 3 holidays and 2 work weekends. They have ranges for nearly any type of firearm too...