Sign in to follow this  
Wojo

Competition Season About to Start

Just thought I would start a thread some people could list any shooting events they are involved with or plan on attending.

Me, after a 2 year break, plan on getting back into shooting in Service Rifle league up at CR and do a couple of Garand matches. I want to take my son to the Appleseed event next month or early April as well. Time to start cranking out lots of OTM match again.

On a humorous note, my wife was very, very pregnant and I convinced her to let me go shoot a match. We had a friend who is a nurse stay with her while I was shooting. It wasn't 30 minutes after I got home when her water broke and we were off to the hospital. At CR, I get do-do for cell phone coverage so I could only imagine finishing the match only to find out my wife gave birth...talk about never hearing the end of it.

Cherry Ridge Schedule

For those who never competed, I can only speak of my experiences, but you will find some of the nicest people around. (Provided you aren't some unsafe know-it-all tool). They will help you, loan you stuff, fix things, offer tips, etc. And if you listen or ask, can find good deals on guns and accessories. We all had to start someplace and the only person you are competing against is yourself. If your goal is to get better and learn something new every time you compete, you already won.

With that said, I hope to see you guy on the firing line.

Wojo

This year I will also be shooting national match at CR after a short break from it. Life has been so busy I have not been able to make it there in the last year but this year the stars are starting to align so I will also be there on the firing line. I’m also planning on attending the tactical rifle matches there. I have never shot one of them but I hear it is fun so I’ll give it a shot.

Provided you aren't some unsafe know-it-all tool +1 to that.

Tosser's little party at USANA in the fall lit my competive juices up again. I have been kicking around going to some more IDPA this spring and summer. I used to shoot alot of it in Georgia, pre kids. Need to make the time and go back to it.

There are still 2 Frozen Nutz (300yd prone) matches at SJSC (Feb 27 and Mar 20) left to shoot.

Then the TriCounty League (100yd across the course on reduced targets) and monthly NRA Matches (200yd across the course on reduced targets) start at SJSC

The 600yd range at Cumberland is reopen (after total reconstruction last year) and ready for the 200-300-600yd across the course matches that start soon.

If anyone is interested in participating in any or all of them, give me a shout.

Good shooting, guys!