CageFighter

unemployed & firearm/pistol/ccw permits

how bad does the "unemployed" look? -kinda like a black eye on an application.

I process applications. I wouldn't look twice at "unemployed". Your employment or lack thereof has zero bearing on you being able to buy a gun.

I process applications. I wouldn't look twice at "unemployed". Your employment or lack thereof has zero bearing on you being able to buy a gun.

what is your Chief was a real prick? we have those up here, especially in our town.

what is your Chief was a real prick? we have those up here, especially in our town.

The NJSP guidelines say nothing other than "confirming" employment that you put on the form. You cannot be denied for not having a job.

I just put Non Applicable. But you could put Employment Challenged, lacking consistent income, something like that.

The officer checking my paperwork (I've had three, but for mistakes made by references or questions regarding the form) asked me about the employment form and told him I couldn't find a job. He even agreed with me, and wished me luck in finding a job. It doesn't matter whether you're unemployed or making nine figures a year.