n4p226r

Sig Guys....what are your preferences

so both my p226r and my p229r are standard DA/SA with regular trigger. I've shot one DAK P220Carry before but cant remember it too much. Contemplating a short trigger for my p226 to help the wife with the reach. my 229r is perfect. so which options do you prefer and why

I like short reset's. Just my preference.

My 228 german is a regular trigger and its really nice, but the reset is longer and then there is take up.

Your wife probably likes the short trigger, the srt is really just a short follow up. I will say that I prefer the regular trigger over the short.

Got my first Sig 226. The SRT is a fantastic trigger, much better than the Hk LEM.

The regular da/sa trigger I shot on the sigs is ok, but nothing amazing. In any case, not like a great 1911 SAO trigger. The SRT is great in its own right.

I have 4 SigS: P220ST; P226ST; P226 German; P239 German.

The P226 Sigs are double stacks. Own two but not a fan. Great pistol except for grip size. My hands are small to medium and the double stacks are a stretch for me. Likely will sell them.

The P220 and P239 are single stack and easier to grip. Like them better.

Sig offers few single stack pistols - only the P220 (45 acp only), P239 ans p232. An older model, the p225 (formerly the P6) is a terrific single stack.

All Sigs are mostly DA/SA (there are some DAs and SAOs) but other offerings are linited.

im still trying to figure out how to shoot my sig. im not that good with it. i think it's me and not the pistol though.

im sure it'll be mostly the guys that have already answered. but what about the finish and other stuff. do you prefer the rail or no rail? stainless, black, two-tone, reverse two-tone? i really like look of them all, i just need one of each

I like them all. I do prefer two tone guns cause they look cool, but tend to shoot the heck out of the black ones.

I prefer non rail because I have no reason for a light. I do have several with rails though.

I like them all. I do prefer two tone guns cause they look cool, but tend to shoot the heck out of the black ones.

I prefer non rail because I have no reason for a light. I do have several with rails though.

how many do you have?

and if you have a complete frame, with no slide, how can you tell if you have the SRT or not. When i manually cock the hammer without the slide with the trigger all the way back, the reset is almost instant. But it was a classic 22 frame p229 so im almost 100% sure that it wouldnt have come from the factory with the SRT installed. I guess i'll have to tear down my p226 tomorrow without the slide and see if that does the same thing even though i know its not SRT

the easiest way to see is if you pull the trigger, and hold the trigger back. Rack teh slide and let the trigger out to see teh reset.

if the reset is alomist instant, you have the srt.

The only other way to know is to check the saftey lever and the sear.

The reduced reset carry package from Gray Guns beats any other option by far. It costs $300 plus shipping and several months wait time. The result transcends any other Sig trigger you will ever find. And unlike most "trigger jobs" from schmucks passing themselves as gunsmiths this is reliable enough for hard use. I highly recommend it.

The reduced reset carry package from Gray Guns beats any other option by far. It costs $300 plus shipping and several months wait time. The result transcends any other Sig trigger you will ever find. And unlike most "trigger jobs" from schmucks passing themselves as gunsmiths this is reliable enough for hard use. I highly recommend it.

If you have a gun that Bruce did work on, I would be very interested in checking out the piece.

having trouble finding the SRT parts kit for my sig. not sure i want to spend $150 for sig to do it to two guns. anyone have any suggestions

thats actually cheap. the srt kits go for $75 to $100 each. So $75 installed seems good.

I've owned and still own a variety of Sigs, and have to say the absolute most impressive trigger of any of them is my German SP2022, which uses the SA/DA FCU, and came fitted with the standard trigger. It is hands-down the best out-of-the-box trigger on ANY semi I've ever shot and rivals the Sigs I have had trigger work done on.

I have the x5 if you dont mind spending almost 2k out the door its the best sig that i have fired its only SA though> i had the basic 226 and the difference is night and day. a few of the guys from this forum have shot it.

I shot it. FANTASTIC trigger.

i meant each

Send me a pm with your # and I will do a conference call with a Sig CS rep I know. I bet they can do it cheaper.

I have two sets of SRT's right now, but I may be using them for future projects. I'll see if I can get them from Sig if you want? I can install them in a 10 minutes, easy.

Two issues important to hand gun selection are reliability and feel.

Reliability: It must be able to function over a long period of time while using a wide variety of ammunition. Nearly all Sigs, expecially the P Series, pass this test. Those that do not can usually be adjusted or repaired.

Feel: Comfort is very important. IMO the major factor here is grip size. And the latter is a function of whether the design is single or double stack. Single stack designs are much narrower. The P226,P229 and P228 are double stack designs. The P220, P245, P239, P239 and P225 are single stack designs. Interesting, while the P220 fires the larger 45 ACP round it is easier to grip that a P226. Folks with small hands may prefer single stack deigns. Adding smaller stocks (or grips) may make a double stack design moe comfortable.

I have small hands and love the 226/228/229 grips. Try with a different grip technique. There was an article on it by Chris at MDTS.

On the trigger, was able to shoot my first Sig, a 226 with SRT. What a fantastic gun, especially for any types of matches.

Send me a pm with your # and I will do a conference call with a Sig CS rep I know. I bet they can do it cheaper.

I have two sets of SRT's right now, but I may be using them for future projects. I'll see if I can get them from Sig if you want? I can install them in a 10 minutes, easy.

i WOULD BE INTERESTED AS WELL FOR MY NEW 226 :)

I have a sig 226 elite with the srt trigger and love it. the wood grips were too big, I couldn't hit the mag release button without changing my grip...so I got the sig aluminum grips ..a little thinner and it fits perfectly...but I do miss the look and feel of the wood...so I use the Al for tactical shooting and the wood for fun