ERIN GO BRAGH

CZ 75b vs. Taurus 1911

I have shot te CZ and personally, I would go the CZ way.

Taurus guns are cheap guns that seem to steal other peoples designs. Just my opinion. If I was short on cash, I would keep saving and not spend a dime at Taurus. Just my opinion.

• Like 2

Bry@n... I am not a Taurus lover but you are harshly painting a company that has at least been innovative over the last many years. Yes, the sell LICENSED copies of some of the worlds larger firearm companies, but for good reason. In the 70s Taurus was owned 55% or so by the parent company of Smith and Wesson.... therefore they started to produce S&W designed guns for the S.American and C. American market. When that relationship ended, Beretta just finished making guns for the Brazilian armed forces and going broke, so they sold the manufacturing plant, tools, plans and rights to Taurus to build and sell their guns. It worked out well for both Taurus and Beretta. Now, lately the have come out with some great designs or ideas... the 24/7 whether you like it or not has some really nice features and is a fresh design, the Judge has turned CCW into cool again for alot of people across the US. They entertain the CSA crowd with good rifles in the right calibers, mid framed CCW semi autos seem popular even with some admittedly issues, and the new PT809 is getting some great reviews. Plus can you fault them for making a 1911, they have been producing frames for Springfield for years, why not do their own. Plus their 1911 is a shooter... they give you some really nice features and quality for the cash you put out. Probably the best buy in 1911s right now.

I do love a Taurus 92... I think they are better then Beretta 92 series pistols for one reason, frame mounted safety/decocker. I will deal with slightly less wonderful bluing or grips that aren't as nice for a strong, safer weapon anyday.

• Like 3

CZ all the way! I have never been happy with any Taurii I have owned, save one - a model 85 snubbie. On the other hand my first pistol was a CZ 75 which I own to this day. Everyone loves that gun, you won't regret the purchase.

I am not a huge fan of the 1911 in 9mm. That being said I absolutely love my Taurus 1911 in 45 acp and so has everyone else who has shot it. Never a hiccup with that gun.

I get what your saying, but if you shoot competition the 9mm 1911 platform is sweet..

I especialy liked max's S&W pro...but the taurus would be very good as their 1911's are sweet..

I have shot the CZ and personally, I would go the CZ way.

Taurus guns are cheap guns that seem to steal other peoples designs. Just my opinion. If I was short on cash, I would keep saving and not spend a dime at Taurus. Just my opinion.

ditto. I shot Ryan626's CZ and it was very nice. the only taurus i considered buying was the Judge. Now that the S&W Governor is around the corner, i won't even look at the judge.

Get the CZ and plan on buying another one after that!

You guys take the nicest photo's of your guns :icon_mrgreen: ... Mine always come out looking like crap :icon_redface:

I need to shoot a CZ 75B...

Back on Topic:

I have a Taurus PT1911 in .45 and I like it a lot, and very accurate for an out-of-the-box budget 1911. Chip McCormick 10rd Power Mags help with the capacity issue :icon_twisted:

Get the CZ and plan on buying another one after that!

That's what I'm doing...:icon_e_biggrin:

Picking up my CZ75 SP-01 on Tuesday (damn NJ state holidays...make me wait an extra day). Next on the list...CZ-97 .45 ACP....make some big holes with that one! :icon_mrgreen: (but I gotta wait until March...damn NJ One-Gun-A-Month Laws...oh hell just damn NJ, period!)

What stores stock the SP-01?

I got mine online...was backordered for two weeks. I didn't find any local stores near me that had them in stock....or at a price I was willing to pay.

Bud's has the 19-round version (CZ #91152), but I'm not sure they'd ship that to NJ. I bought the 10-round version (CZ #01152), and picked up some 15-rd mags from CZ.

The taurus 1911's are pretty damn good. So are the 92fs clones.

The 9mm taurus 1911 is not out yet from what I understand. I was looking forward to it for a long long time, however just ended up spending more and getting the Smith Wesson Pro Series 9mm 1911. Tough to go wrong with that.... or other 1911's for that matter.

They are both great guns, the 1911 Taurus or the CZ's.

Once again, they are two different guns. One is SAO the other is a DA/SA. Its like having a Range Rover and a Corvette. Great in their own way, but not really a great comparison against each other, yet they both get the job done.

Once again, they are two different guns. One is SAO the other is a DA/SA. Its like having a Range Rover and a Corvette. Great in their own way, but not really a great comparison against each other, yet they both get the job done.

Noob question, as I've never shot the CZ... I understand it's DA/SA but how do you get the CZ into DA? Most of the DA/SA I've shot, you rack the slide and it pulls the hammer back and off you go in SA.

The taurus 1911's are pretty damn good. So are the 92fs clones.

The 9mm taurus 1911 is not out yet from what I understand. I was looking forward to it for a long long time, however just ended up spending more and getting the Smith Wesson Pro Series 9mm 1911. Tough to go wrong with that.... or other 1911's for that matter.

They are both great guns, the 1911 Taurus or the CZ's.

Taurus 1911 9mm has been out for a few months now.

By the way... I happen to love CZs as my first NIB handgun was a CZ85C. I have also owned a plain jane CZ85, a CZP01 and a CZ PCR. I sold the CZ PCR and P01 when i moved to NJ because they were my CCWs and were not going to be needed anymmore. I sold my last CZ85 to Maks here... for reasons I cant really remember or forgive myself for now.

CZ are great bargains and used to be total sleeper bargains back in the days of $429 for a CZ85C or $359 for the PCR. But they have gotten so popular prices have really creeped up.

Noob question, as I've never shot the CZ... I understand it's DA/SA but how do you get the CZ into DA? Most of the DA/SA I've shot, you rack the slide and it pulls the hammer back and off you go in SA.

<tangent>

Just like you would decock a DA/SA revolver. Point muzzle in a safe direction, hold the hammer back, press the trigger and slowly lower the hammer down to the half-cock position (you should take your finger off of the trigger as soon as the hammer starts moving down). A bit scary the first couple of times you do it over a chambered round. As mentioned already, CZ makes a BD variant that comes with a decocking lever instead of the manual safety. So you lose the ability to go cocked and locked, but you get an easier/safer decock method.

</tangent>

As far as the OP question, comparing the CZ to the 1911, they are two *very* different feeling pistols. I have both (SW1911 and CZ 75B) and can't say which one I prefer more. My CZ, after some custom trigger work and 2500 rounds is a really nice feeling pistol. But I still think that the trigger on my new SW1911 is amazing compared to the CZ. The CZ does also come in the SA trigger variant, CZ 75B SA, which supposedly has an improved trigger feel over the DA/SA. I've never tried it but I hear nice things about it as well - so you may want to consider that.

Personally, I like the idea of purchasing a pistol in the caliber that it was designed around. The 1911, while I'm sure is nice in 9mm...I actually was considering purchasing a 1911 in 9mm earlier on, was designed around .45 ACP and thus I believe it to be a more reliable combination. Plus, in 9mm, you'll never hear the end of the "you should've gotten it in .45" comments. That would just annoy me too much ;) On the other hand, the CZ 75 was built from the ground up around 9mm.

Being a CZ owner I can only recommend that option :)

You guys take the nicest photo's of your guns :icon_mrgreen: ... Mine always come out looking like crap :icon_redface:

I need to shoot a CZ 75B...

Back on Topic:

I have a Taurus PT1911 in .45 and I like it a lot, and very accurate for an out-of-the-box budget 1911. Chip McCormick 10rd Power Mags help with the capacity issue :icon_twisted:

Funny thing is I totally agree! They're such great guns, you HAVE to take nice pictures of them :icon_e_biggrin:

Just wait until I get my custom wood grips from Hakan (a world renowned custom grip maker). I should get them by March but they are REALLY going to bump up my 75's appearance, as well as function!

That's what I'm doing...:icon_e_biggrin:

Picking up my CZ75 SP-01 on Tuesday (damn NJ state holidays...make me wait an extra day). Next on the list...CZ-97 .45 ACP....make some big holes with that one! :icon_mrgreen: (but I gotta wait until March...damn NJ One-Gun-A-Month Laws...oh hell just damn NJ, period!)

I am having a hard time deciding what I want to get next. An AR possibly, an SKS, or another pistol. One of the pistols I am looking into is a 97 as well since I want to get either a .40 or .45 for my next one, and DAMN are those 97's nice! Ever shoot one before? A guy had one at the Easton range in November and it was a hoot to shoot!

Hey guys , I'm looking to buy a new 9mm and I noticed Taurus is making their 1911 in a 9mm now , I also have my eye on the CZ 75B , I'm trying to decide between the two, if anyone has any insight on these it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I read one of your posts stating you've never handled a 75b before. If you'd like to handle mine and shoot it sometime, PM me. I would be more than willing to meet you at a range so you could try it out!