Sign in to follow this  
MarkWVU02

Ordering online

So I was wondering what the process is for ordering a firearm online. I know it has to go through an ffl. Do I have to contact the ffl first or do I just order and pick the ffl I want from a list? Does anyone have any experiences with ffls in northern nj. I heard the hardware store in Lincoln park is the cheapest. Anyone have any experience? Thanks in advance for the help.

I have used the guys at Tru Value in Lincoln Park and they were great. I definitely would recommend you call them first to let them know. You should always do that especially if its the first time your transferring a firearm to them. At the time when I transferred my gun he only charged $35 cash for both the transfer and NICS. That was a little over a year ago. You can't beat that. Just give him a quick phone call and you'll be all set to send it to him. Also I recommend getting some quotes on the forum locally because you can usually get a price pretty close to what the online prices are depending on the firearm.

You contact the ffl in your area that you want to handle the transfer. He emails or faxs his ffl to the sellers ffl. The sellers ffl ships the purchase to your ffl and you pick it up at your ffl and he runs the NICS check and does all the paperwork. If the seller is not an ffl holder you have to ask your ffl if he will accept from a non ffl.

Jim Flynn's Truck Repair

2135 State Route 31 · Glen Gardner,NJ

(908) 537-6446

Jim Flynn will order anything you want and he only charges $30 over his cost and his transfer fee is like $15 or $20. Have bought from him amny times. Great guy.

• Like 1

Order to your heart's content, just make sure it's jersey legal. Some places don't need you to contact the FFL prior to delivery, but in the event the FFL refuses to accept it, you may be charged a restocking fee. I know Karcirate has used Tru Value in Lincoln Park and said they were cheap, good, and no hassle. If you order through buds gun shop, Tru value is a preferred dealer, so you won't have to contact them.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll definitely try the price quote before I order anything. I usually prefer to buy locally but budsgunshop prices are really low.

Buds does have good prices but you have to add up everything.

If a local guy (Hint Hint Forum supporters) has (or can get) the same gun for within 50-60 bucks you will end up about the same price because of shipping and FFL fees.

Buds does have good prices but you have to add up everything.

If a local guy (Hint Hint Forum supporters) has (or can get) the same gun for within 50-60 bucks you will end up about the same price because of shipping and FFL fees.

yeah i thought of that too. I'm going to do the price request on a couple of things I'm looking at to see where the shops are at compared to online.

I have used the guys at Tru Value in Lincoln Park and they were great. I definitely would recommend you call them first to let them know. You should always do that especially if its the first time your transferring a firearm to them. At the time when I transferred my gun he only charged $35 cash for both the transfer and NICS. That was a little over a year ago. You can't beat that. Just give him a quick phone call and you'll be all set to send it to him. Also I recommend getting some quotes on the forum locally because you can usually get a price pretty close to what the online prices are depending on the firearm.

Does Tru Value have any stock, or do they only do transfers?

You contact the ffl in your area that you want to handle the transfer. He emails or faxs his ffl to the sellers ffl. The sellers ffl ships the purchase to your ffl and you pick it up at your ffl and he runs the NICS check and does all the paperwork. If the seller is not an ffl holder you have to ask your ffl if he will accept from a non ffl.

Jim Flynn's Truck Repair

2135 State Route 31 · Glen Gardner,NJ

(908) 537-6446

Jim Flynn will order anything you want and he only charges $30 over his cost and his transfer fee is like $15 or $20. Have bought from him amny times. Great guy.

+1 for Jim Flynn

+1 for Lincoln Park True Value. Used them a number of times. Only downside is their hours (close at 5:30) and the guy with the FFL (Bruce) is sometimes not in the store, so you should call ahead before picking up the firearm. He charges $35 -- may be $40 now -- and has not charged me anymore even when I had two firearms delivered. Personally, I found the markup of local shops offensive.

Order to your heart's content, just make sure it's jersey legal. Some places don't need you to contact the FFL prior to delivery, but in the event the FFL refuses to accept it, you may be charged a restocking fee. I know Karcirate has used Tru Value in Lincoln Park and said they were cheap, good, and no hassle. If you order through buds gun shop, Tru value is a preferred dealer, so you won't have to contact them.

I also used them 1 time and no issues at all.

big FYI with Buds. Dont forget to add on the 3% if you are paying like normal people with a credit card, instead of running to get a money order to mail it to them.

Buds + shipping + 3% CC fee + Transfer + Nics all adds up. The only time I bought something from Buds or other online distributors is when it was a closeout that they had, that no one else could beat without taking a loss.

As far as Bud's goes, the price listed usually includes shipping, so those saying "+ shipping" aren't accurate. All who say "+ transfer and + NICS", shouldn't be saying "+ NICS" because you pay NICS no matter whether you buy online or locally.

That being said, I have gooten good deals from Bud's in the past, but Tony from TJ's is competitive enough to get my business instead.