MSaxatilus

Kel Tec Sub-2000 NJ Legal?

My 40 is my new fav toy...The beauty of this platform is that if you are the least bit handy you can build something real sweet...These are great shooters....To me the factory sights are horrible, and a red dot is needed...Do yourself a favor and goto....

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=102

Spend some time there and you will be buying one...

Goodluck!

I didn't read it in a post, one of the females at BH mentioned it.

Well, like most things you hear at gunshops, its bullshyt. If you want one, buy it. But don't buy one because someone says it'll go full auto on you and you'll go to jail.

Well, like most things you hear at gunshops, its bullshyt. If you want one, buy it. But don't buy one because someone says it'll go full auto on you and you'll go to jail.

Agreed, I just though I would throw it out there.

I've seen it for sale at the BH. I also hear that there was some sort of mfgr. defect that allowed it to fire in bursts.

I've seen 2 of them fire double taps personally, both were 9mm versions I believe. One was straight from the box - to the indoor range - loaded up - double tap. However this was 5 years ago...

ETA: Both were immediately sent back to the factory, and were replaced at no cost to the owner

Really?!

Is it because it doesn't technically have a "folding or collapsable stock" with a pistol grip.... the WHOLE gun folds?

That's awesome!

Anyone shoot one? Thoughts?

MSax

It's because the gun is "inoperable" when folded. Just shot the .40 yesterday for the first time, called my FFL this morning and orderd one! Factory sites were just fine and very accurate. What prices are people getting?

Anyone seen a Sub2k for sale anywhere? I can't find anyone with them in stock and I sent in a price request through the forum, but only got back 2 replies - one from Bullet Hole who told me they haven't seen one in at least a year, and another from one of the other dealers who told me it was not NJ legal. I'll leave that dealer's name out of this to avoid embarrassment.

I'm looking for a new or used Sub2K-9mm that takes Glock 19 mags.

Kel-Tec is notorious for releasing a firearm only to have it impossible to find. With that said, I had the exact gun your looking for and I think you should shoot one before you buy it. I had an issue with being left-handed and eating the crap that came out of the ejection port. It was bad enough for me to dump the gun.

There are a few members here who have one and I bet will be more than willing to let you shoot theirs.

Good insight, thanks Ray. That G19 I bought off you is still running like a champ. I put on a TLR-1s at your recommendation as well. Great light! Got it on sale at Midway for $99.

If anyone who owns a Sub2K reads this, I'd love to shoot yours! I can meet you at the weekly BH shoots (I've been meaning to start coming to these), or CR, or.... you name it.

Just picked one up in .40...Too cool not to have.

Keltec1.jpg

Keltec2.jpg

Checkout my custom build on that site......

Same user name...

That link in your prior post is dead, can you post here please?

Edit: nm, found it http://www.thektog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231484 I think I need to do this lol

Just picked one up in .40...Too cool not to have.

Keltec1.jpg

Keltec2.jpg

That link in your prior post is dead, can you post here please?

Edit: nm, found it http://www.thektog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231484 I think I need to do this lol

Its a great gun...Its retarted how much ammo it eats up....

Keep reading on KTOG and keep us updated on your build!!! Goodluck

was it hard to find? i was under the impression they are pretty much back ordered

It was. My FFL was unable to find one(at the time). Ended up buying it off a friend of mine. He rarely used it and when he told me he was gonna sell it I hung up the phone and handed him cash before he could finish his sentence lol.

Dealers who are saying they are not legal need to be informed. They are 110% Jersey legal, as the gun it totally inoperable when folded.