e80hydro

Gun decals on your vehicle

Ken, for some people, it might be about them being paranoid. But for others, myself included, its about the fact that our vehicles [in the case of a decal] could be at higher risk for break-ins. And it is definitely an issue, not just an assumption; for example the unit I was with, after a rash of incidents, requested that all indicators of our military and firearms affiliation be removed from our vehicles for our own benefit. This was compiled from information that Army CID and local authorities had concluded from their investigations after my unit and other units in Colorado reported something like 60 break-ins in a month alone.

So, ultimately, why paint a bulls-eye on my back for the BGs? Especially in a state with as many people who are willing to take that extra mile to see if there is something in your vehicle. I don't see it as "hiding," but instead as a deterrence from being a victim.

I don't have a problem advertising. I have an NRA sticker on my car (soon to be replaced with a Life Member sticker) and an ARFCom BF logo on the back bumper. I also usually have hats on the back deck of the car; IDPA, IDPA SO, NRA and Paramedic. I usually wear one of these hats when I'm out. I have a vest I use for shooting and general wear in public which has NRA, IDPA, ARFcom and the AR15 ZRT patches on it. More gun related parches to come.

I have worked medic units in less then desirable areas and have had my car left alone when other peoples cars have been damaged. I have been out with my wife in AC and had unsavory people look at my vest and I and steer clear. I have also had curious people approach me and have turned them into students and mambers of the NRA.

I'm not afraid or ashamed to advertise my affiliations, I also welcome the attention that the advertisement brings.

Side note: if the NJGF had a patch and/or bumper sticker I'd buy it and display it.

I don't have a problem advertising. I have an NRA sticker on my car (soon to be replaced with a Life Member sticker) and an ARFCom BF logo on the back bumper. I also usually have hats on the back deck of the car; IDPA, IDPA SO, NRA and Paramedic. I usually wear one of these hats when I'm out. I have a vest I use for shooting and general wear in public which has NRA, IDPA, ARFcom and the AR15 ZRT patches on it. More gun related parches to come.

I have worked medic units in less then desirable areas and have had my car left alone when other peoples cars have been damaged. I have been out with my wife in AC and had unsavory people look at my vest and I and steer clear. I have also had curious people approach me and have turned them into students and mambers of the NRA.

I'm not afraid or ashamed to advertise my affiliations, I also welcome the attention that the advertisement brings.

Side note: if the NJGF had a patch and/or bumper sticker I'd buy it and display it.

+1

How about displaying an Arms-n-Ammo bumper sticker?

A post on another thread got me thinking about when we transport firearms. How many of us pack our stuff away inconspicuoisly (spelt rong) in our trunks...

I can stop right there. Depends on how much **** I got with me and which of the 4 seasons it is. Sometimes we have weapons without cases in the back seat or on the floor, including handguns :\. But I prefer to have weapons not being carried or needed in the trunk for several reasons.

I don't like bumper stickers or anything really large and obnoxious, but I do have an NRA decal discretely displayed on my rear window.

I don't understand the reluctance to display our organization associations. Is it fear that some anti is gonna track us down? Should we not display "I love fishing" stickers out of fear of PETA hunting us down in our homes and stealing our rods and reels? Have we become so beaten down that even we consider displaying an NRA, SAF, or any other rights advocacy organization decal the equivalent of displaying a NAMBLA or Al Qaeda sticker? I'm sure the Miller minions have no related fear of displaying Brady Bunch and other anti-rights stickers prominently on the windows and bumpers of their oh so green hybrids.

Do any of us really believe that a "My other auto is a .45" bumper sticker (as silly and pretentious as that is) is really an invitation to the police to pull us over and try to get a look in our cars? Do the police really have so little to do? Are they following cars with "I love Beer" stickers to see if the drivers are DUI? Or are we just looking for excuses, no matter how irrational, to not show publicly that we are proud members and participants in what little remains of the shooting community in the state? Very sad.

Very sad indeed. But there is a cultural war being waged against gun ownership, and advertising what side you're on can be detrimental when you travel through in the enemy's territory. Metaphors aside, I know an attorney in a DC suburb of Maryland who represented a client who was pulled over and arrested for legally transporting a firearm. It all started because cops saw his "I'm reloading" bumper sticker and decided to check him out. He invoked his rights, denying consent to a search (how dare he!) and they argued that his defiant attitude plus the sticker meant he might be a threat. So he was searched anyway AND arrested.

While it seems like the laws are worse in Jersey, the anti-gun culture is much worse in Maryland.

Believe me, I'm deeply troubled by the constant need to sneak around while career criminals and hoodlums flaunt their deplorable lifestyles with impunity. But the best way to change the face of gun ownership is to take someone, anyone (a son, daughter, nephew, niece, friend, coworker) to the range every chance you can get, teach them gun safety, and set an example as a good citizen. Most of all, being PROFESSIONAL when it comes to firearms goes a long way towards fighting the stereotype of gun owners as a bunch of trigger-happy fanatics who are compensating for something. That means adhering strictly to gun safety and treating guns like serious tools, not toys (even if they are a heckuvalotta fun). When the public is involved, guns and shooting must be portrayed as a somber activity: Think about how the police handle guns and consider why the public has such unwavering confidence in an armed police force. Now I've met some darned good shooters in law enforcement, but an average shooter at a local IDPA match shoots way better than an average city cop. Yet who would the public trust more to stop an active shooter? It's all about appearances.

Trucky was the official range mobile. The back window was enveloped with stickers such as Molon Labe, Arabic writing with INFIDEL spelled out, Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom Combat Veteran stickers ect. If I saw a cool gun related sticker that was "ME" it went on. A friend of mine is an FFL, and he had some 1'x1' magnetic signs made. It always turned into a game for him. Whenever I went over there, somehow one of his signs ended up on my truck. I finally gave up and just left one on the back tailgate. At any given time there was always a bunch of brass in the bed rolling around. Those of you that have seen trucky, know what I'm talking about. I have been stopped by LEO's a couple of times and never was questioned about it.

I was looking at sources for stickers for you know what today. I'll probably order a short run of them. I may wind up eating them, but I have to try.

No, we don't know what? You may want to check out stickergiant.com.

njShoot.com

This resource was recommended highly by a couple of people:

StickersThatStick.com

and I have ordered stickers from these guys in the past, but it wasn't my money:

Racecals

+1

How about displaying an Arms-n-Ammo bumper sticker?

Send me one Paul and I'd put it on my car and I don't have any on there at the moment. My wifes truck was just replaced Monday so my Harley stickers aren't on the new one and I can't bring myself to put a Harley sticker on my Toyota. :)

Harry

Send me one Paul and I'd put it on my car and I don't have any on there at the moment. My wifes truck was just replaced Monday so my Harley stickers aren't on the new one and I can't bring myself to put a Harley sticker on my Toyota. :)

Harry

Harry,

My wife has a Harley sticker on her Honda Accord and it always gives me a chuckle. Like a Union sticker on a Nissan. That is until you realize that HD's aren't all American anymore. Never mind all the clothes and stuff they sell.

"GUN CONTROL MEANS USING BOTH HANDS"

I am offended by your insensative statement!!! ( ;) )

"THE DAY WE LOOSE OUR 2ND AMENDMENT IS THE DAY THE 2ND REVOLUTION BEGINS"

That would be a third revolution. And, that day was certainly before yesterday, so might I suggest tonight?