Ray Ray

870 or 590A1

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

12 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

The 870 I used to own choked.  It was NOT reliable.  I bought it brand new in 2005 or 06.  The gun I owned would not eject empty shells from the chamber reliably or consistently.  The gun would lock up and I would have to mortar it to eject the empty shell.  On to Mossberg I went.

Mossbergs have ambi controls, superior barrels, top notch quality control and a proven track record with civilian and military personnel.

It has gone from Remington being top dog up until the mid 2000s to now only selling guns to uninformed and fudds.  Very sad

there's a youtube video of a guy with the same issue. basically there was a double strike of some riveting which was preventing the shells from moving freely. also, do you think an upgraded extractor would have helped? say a volquartsen?

26 minutes ago, Indianajonze said:

there's a youtube video of a guy with the same issue. basically there was a double strike of some riveting which was preventing the shells from moving freely. also, do you think an upgraded extractor would have helped? say a volquartsen?

Spend your money on a 590A1.  Why would you buy a brand new 870 only to have to send it to a 1911 builder for the same price of the gun to make it reliable?  

21 hours ago, NickySantoro said:

All the majors, unless defective, an unlikely event, put out a shit storm of lead in the direction of the threat.

Until you buy one that doesn't.