Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

Gloucester Township being a PITA again. Went in today because it's been 10 weeks to the day. They tried to tell me I never applied. Unfortunately for them a brought a copy of the receipt for the background check and the cancelled check for the permits. The chief's secretary was at least apologetic, but the LEO I encountered was unsurprisingly belligerent. She said they'll rush it...we'll see.

Monroe Township (Williamstown) report:

Paperwork submitted for 2 pistol permits on 7/6/17. Permits were ready on 7/26/17. I even asked over the phone for a 3rd permit and they completed it with no issue.

Props to Monroe Twp. PD- they were very quick and courteous with everything.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, NJRulz said:

Paramus PD 3x P2P Permits.

Applied 7/12/17. 

Picked them up yesterday 9/13/17.  (They claim they called me that they were ready a while ago but I never got the call.  I inquired on my own.)

Interesting. Did you check the issue date on the permits?

9 minutes ago, weekend_junkie said:

Interesting. Did you check the issue date on the permits?

He had me I insert the date (9/13) 

2 months isn't bad.  The detectives here are very friendly. I feel for the folks on this forum in other towns where they are asked for additional forms to be completed etc or the other jurisdictions that take months to respond.

Bridgewater PD

FID Change of Address + 3 PP.

Total time: 19 days.

Submitted 11/16, Called me today 12/4 saying it's ready. I love this township.

Submitted only SP-066 + STS-033.  

Online Background check:  https://www.njportal.com/njsp/criminalrecords/

References letters were sent out immediately (only weirdness was that they asked who I was employed by)

Employer verification letter arrived at my work as well - my director filled that out immediately and sent it back out.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

i don't like the employment thing. it's not part of the legal packet from my understanding? and really? if you say "unemployed" are they gonna refuse ya?

Employment is a question on the application. They may put a question on reference letter pretending to be verifying the information you submitted. They may be looking to see if the applicant lied on the application. 

You can put student, unemployed, self employed, n/a on that question and they cannot deny just on that aspect, unless of course you answer that with NYFU, MYOB, BUM etc. 

MYOFB could fly if you can elaborate it as MY Own Fixing Business, like the one you have :-)

Old bridge

submitted 11/8

got the call to pick up on 12/12.

new rule- you have to make your own copy of your drivers license and bring it with you. 

They used to do it for you as a courtesy.

SOoooo......Bridgewater, what's the big deal......applied for Non-Res. CCL New Hampshire 12/17.....arrived 1/3 and that's out of state. Resident of Pa.....go to the store and purchase.....Resident of Del.....go to the store and purchase ......NJ...Purchase permit, fees, all controlling factors to keep the residents in check, what so great...OMO.

Bedminster applied for FID Change of Address & Handgun Permit on 12/20

2/1: Still waiting.

However I don’t put Bedminster PD at fault, I had an unreliable reference, told me he mailed back the form 3 weeks ago and they never got it. Detective did me a solid and sent him the form via email last week, I called yesterday they said he never sent it back. Contacted my reference & he said the file was encrypted. I called the detective back & said they never heard back from him. I’ve now become suspicious of my reference because when I applied for my initial FID and handgun permit 3 years ago in my old town, the hold up was waiting for his response. I gave the detective a new reference yesterday who I can rely on, they emailed him form to fill out, scan and send back.

Personally it’s obnoxious for a change of address & additional handgun permits to have to do the entire process over again when you’re already an FID holder. An application and background check should be enough.

Detective told me my old FID is still valid, I was able to buy a new rifle a few weeks ago with it after showing the law to the FFL who at first refused, but I still don’t feel good about having a FID that doesn’t have a matching address, if you ask 10 different people LEO or gun owners the law in this state you’ll get 10 different answers, and all it takes is a cop with a hard on one day to pull me over on the way to or from the range to make me a felon.

Bridgewater PD
FID Change of Address + 3 PP.
Total time: 19 days.
Submitted 11/16, Called me today 12/4 saying it's ready. I love this township.
Submitted only SP-066 + STS-033.  
Online Background check:  https://www.njportal.com/njsp/criminalrecords/
References letters were sent out immediately (only weirdness was that they asked who I was employed by)
Employer verification letter arrived at my work as well - my director filled that out immediately and sent it back out.

Thankfully most of Somerset County is Pro-2A!

On 2/1/2018 at 9:47 AM, JR88USMC said:

Bedminster applied for FID Change of Address & Handgun Permit on 12/20

2/1: Still waiting.

However I don’t put Bedminster PD at fault, I had an unreliable reference, told me he mailed back the form 3 weeks ago and they never got it. Detective did me a solid and sent him the form via email last week, I called yesterday they said he never sent it back. Contacted my reference & he said the file was encrypted. I called the detective back & said they never heard back from him. I’ve now become suspicious of my reference because when I applied for my initial FID and handgun permit 3 years ago in my old town, the hold up was waiting for his response. I gave the detective a new reference yesterday who I can rely on, they emailed him form to fill out, scan and send back.

Personally it’s obnoxious for a change of address & additional handgun permits to have to do the entire process over again when you’re already an FID holder. An application and background check should be enough.

Detective told me my old FID is still valid, I was able to buy a new rifle a few weeks ago with it after showing the law to the FFL who at first refused, but I still don’t feel good about having a FID that doesn’t have a matching address, if you ask 10 different people LEO or gun owners the law in this state you’ll get 10 different answers, and all it takes is a cop with a hard on one day to pull me over on the way to or from the range to make me a felon.

Can someone show me where the address needs to match the fpid card please. 

http://www.njsp.org/firearms/firearms-faqs.shtml

#3 How do you buy rifles and/or shotguns, including bb, pellet, and black powder rifles?

It is the responsibility of the seller of the shotguns, including bb, pellet, firearm to ascertain that the buyer has a and black powder rifles? Firearms Purchaser Identification Card plus one additional form of photo identification and a completes Certificate of Eligibility. The information contained on the Firearms Purchaser Identification Card must match the identification of the transferor. A Certificate of Eligibility can be obtained at any licensed firearms dealer, or this web site.

#4 How do you buy handguns, including bb, pellet, and black powder handguns?

Download Form

A Permit to Purchase a Handgun must be completed on each handgun transferred in this state. It is the responsibility of the seller of the handgun to ascertain that the buyer has a valid Permit to Purchase a Handgun and one additional form of identification. The information on the Handgun Purchase Permit must match the identification of the transferor. ( i.e, name address, DOB, sex, etc.) The permit must be completed by the seller and buyer. It is the responsibility of the seller to forward the copies to the appropriate authority. Instructions are printed on the permit.

Thats pretty much all the FPID has on it  to begin with, besides the issue date, chief's name/sig and your fingerprint. Permit has tons of other info so with regards to the point of it matching identification so its spelled out for those special kind of folks.  Ya know the ones that need to be told in their instruction manual to not bath with their hair dryer etc

in the end the FPID/Permit are crap and we shouldnt need them anyway.

Latest application through the NJSP Augusta barracks:

02/05/2018    Permit application and background check submitted
03/02/2018    Check cashed and cleared
03/28/2018    Permits issued
03/30/2018    Permits delivered
7 Weeks, 4 days

And yes, they came through already extended for 180 days. A glimmer of light!

5/14/2018 - FID permit application and required forms submitted (1 handgun permit included)

5/21/2018 - References received their forms, I received my request for fingerprints. References mailed them in next day

6/2/2018 - Got my fingerprints done

6/7/18 - Called at 4:30, Lt took my name and number and would pass it on to the secretary who keeps track of this stuff. Hopefully good news tomorrow morning.

6/8/18 - Called me back, said they got fingerprints yesterday, should be done by end of next week which would be about 30 days.

6/19/18 - Approved