Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

Keyport Borough for initial FID and one P2P.

Dropped off everything 3/14, got the call on 4/18. Everyone was very pleasant to deal with, particularly the detectives’ bureau admin assistant that processes the paperwork.

Has anyone else heard rumors of a slowdown?  I have a couple of contacts that told me Murphy and his AG "requested" that applications be slow-walked through the process.  Murphy can't order it but he can ask.  Just wondering if anyone has seen any evidence of it.  

5 hours ago, mustang69 said:

Has anyone else heard rumors of a slowdown?  I have a couple of contacts that told me Murphy and his AG "requested" that applications be slow-walked through the process.  Murphy can't order it but he can ask.  Just wondering if anyone has seen any evidence of it.  

Hmmm, will keep an eye  on that. My son came home and put in for some yesterday so......I did too lol. That was all the reason I needed. have averaged 6/7 weeks over the yrs. Except for when my wife put for her initial, 10 days! We were all wtf ? Couldn't figure that one out....

Shit- permits came in today-10 days lol! no slow down here actually its hyper speeded up!  3,4 times over the yrs and always took 6-7 weeks and now 10 days....dont even know what i want yet was planning on some time to think on it....the real reason i got them was because my son put in and i didnt want to be on the sidelines wishing i did too. So let it begin.....:)                                              

And they were signed today too....

Neptune Twp.

Duplicate FOID w/name & address change. Lost original and had subsequently gotten married.

Application submitted - 3/15
Fingerprinted - 3/22
References - returned w/i a couple wks
Original issuing PD report - ordered 5/14; rec’d 5/25
Background report ordered
FOID & three P2P picked up - 6/18

Last note: ordered my CZ Shadow 2 today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hearing from a recent applicant that our town has added a character reference requirement to the employment verification form.  Large employer HR department refusing (rightly) to comment on character (can you imagine, say, for a new hire)?

PD refuses to show applicant a copy of the form (suspicious).  OPRA request?

No response from NJ2AS or ANJRPC on how to address this.

SD

NJSP Hamilton Barracks

3 pistol permits applied for

05-24-2018  Application dropped off

07-30-2018  One reference contacted.  (Trooper made comment to my reference that they are being told to not work on permits while on duty.  The trooper was on a "road job" when he contacted my one reference and was working on permits assigned to him.)

09-17-2018  Contacted NJSP firearms unit.  My application had not even made it across their desk yet.  Apparently still in the possession of the trooper it is assigned to.

09-24-2018  Over 120 days since application submitted and CRICKETS............

UPDATE

09-26-2018  Received phone call permits were ready to be picked up.  Permits were actually completed and ready on 09-13-2018.

Hi all, I tried the survey link but it doesnt work.

My story I applied for an FID and 2 PP in Kearny in April, It's August and nothing yet. I called the detective a couple times and each time he said he thought he was missing something. He asked if I was ever arrested, and said he would talk to the chief. I had reached out to a lawyer listed on the NJ Rifle pistol club site, and will reach out to him at the end of the month.  I have lived in this town for 40+ years and really see no reason why the long wait.

Hopewell Township, Mercer County

Applied 3/2/20.

References completed 3/16/20

Criminal History Check completed 4/17/20

Approved 4/21/20

Notification for pickup 5/4/20

Scheduled pick up 5/6/20

Detective Joseph Maccaquano

Parked in a lot at HQ.  Handed Drivers license, FPID and $4 out the window to him.  Went to his vehicle to complete the paperwork.  Witnessed my signature on 2 permits.  In and out in 12 minutes.  3 ahead of me, 1 behind.  Not bad for a pandemic.

Manalapan

Applied 6/27/20

References Completed 6/28/20

Fingerprinted 7/2/20

Background Check completed 7/7/20

Initially called and was told that it could take 2 months before being approved and not to call back till 2 months after fingerprinting, if you had not received an answer.

On 8/28/20 I received an email, saying I was approved for FID and Permit. Later that day I dropped off the $7 for the FID and Permit.

8 days later the FID and permit finally arrived and the approval took 2 months and 1 day to arrive by email.

Quiet thread.

But a pretty fast process in Manalapan.

Applied for Pistol Permits: Sept 7th, 2021

Refs confirmed rec’d by State: Sept 9th, 2021

Permits Approved: Sept 22nd, 2021

I’m actually surprised it got done this fast.

Manalapan

8/10/21  Application Submitted

8/10/21 2 References Submitted

8/28/21 Finger Printed via IdentoGo

10/1/21 FID Issused

Side Note:  I went to a "Coffee with the mayor" meeting on 9/26 and the SGT called me a few days later telling me my fingerprints were "lost in the system" but he found them and submitted my FID for approval to the chief of police.  Had I not called I wonder.....