Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

Howdy,

So in light of all the "How long does it take XXXXXX to issue XXXXXX?" questions, figured it was a great time to put together a map like the member map we have, but listing how compliant NJ towns are when it comes to issuance and compliance to the existing NJ Laws.

Furthermore, your results will help NJ gun rights organizations to be able to pick their fights, such as the New Jersey Second Amendment Society.

NJ Compliancy Survey

Please be realistic, and do it if you had experience within the past year or two. Having results from 5 years ago is not really going to help. =)

Please post when you do!

Will let the survey run for a few weeks, and then start putting the results together into usable content. If you would like to help compile the results, send me a pm or post here.

Thanks!

• Like 3

I just went through the process in New Brunswick, NJ. It took me 5+ months to get my FID and 1 handgun purchase permit. While picking it up I queried about additional permits and was told that they should only take about 2 months now that I have my FID. Detective Herbst handles the process for NBPD. He was a nice guy, acted professionally, etc. I didn't ask why it took so long.

Howdy,

So in light of all the "How long does it take XXXXXX to issue XXXXXX?" questions, figured it was a great time to put together a map like the member map we have, but listing how compliant NJ towns are when it comes to issuance and compliance to the existing NJ Laws.

Furthermore, your results will help NJ gun rights organizations to be able to pick their fights, such as the New Jersey Second Amendment Society.

NJ Compliancy Survey

Please be realistic, and do it if you had experience within the past year or two. Having results from 5 years ago is not really going to help. =)

Please post when you do!

Will let the survey run for a few weeks, and then start putting the results together into usable content. If you would like to help compile the results, send me a pm or post here.

Thanks!

Not to be a nudge, but you may also want to include an area to put a comment.

I have been waiting 2 months now for Parsippany and there are some comments that may help

The woman that takes applications called 21 days after submission to say that the mentak heath form was missing (it was there when they accepted it for submission) but it is important to note that they did not even look at it for 3 weeks. This shows a blatant disregard for the rights of the citizenry. If you know it should be done within 30days, why would you take 21 days to look at it.

Not to be a nudge, but you may also want to include an area to put a comment.

I have been waiting 2 months now for Parsippany and there are some comments that may help

The woman that takes applications called 21 days after submission to say that the mentak heath form was missing (it was there when they accepted it for submission) but it is important to note that they did not even look at it for 3 weeks. This shows a blatant disregard for the rights of the citizenry. If you know it should be done within 30days, why would you take 21 days to look at it.

=)

If you looked at the survey, it is there... the last question. Can be used for comments. But will make a separate section.

So far 25 responses, thanks, really want to get it to over 200. I know there are at least that many FID card holders here. hehe.

Great idea. Form submitted. Just a few observations.

My town (Teaneck) seems to be getting better. My initial FID app in 2008 took more than 2 months to come through. I applied for additional pistol permits in 2009 and it took 6 months and multiple calls to get them. (The PD claimed they were understaffed and, while I would normally call BS, it does appear that an officer who was about to retire was in charge of the ID bureau at the time. A different officer eventually called when my permits were ready, apologized, and waived the permit fee.) For permits applied for recently, it took 5 weeks. They've also expanded the days on which they accept apps, but still only take apps between 11 and 1 in the afternoon. I think that is one of the biggest problems -- having to take time off from work to drop off an application. You may want to ask about times in which applications can be submitted. That is definitely an area that needs to be addressed. Another thing you may want to ask is whether the a local PD hassles and actively tries to discourage applicants. I have heard that Passaic is like that. Teaneck is not -- the officers are very courteous and try to be helpful.

Got 63 responses... lets keep it up.

I am proud to say, yet shocked at the results. This is so far a success just looking at the different municipalities, and seeing what some of the ridiculous hoops they make you jump through. As soon as we get 100, will be sharing the results with NJ2AS and have them start laying out plans for their project of getting the towns to start complying.

i got my fid card in 3-4 weeks in hudson county! i have never applied for a pistol permit because i just moved up here with my pistols... just registered them! but the lady said call once a week and i got mine in about 3-4 weeks correctively about 3 months ago

thank for the survey. We got almost 100 responses. I have put them together and sent them to NJ2AS as part of their efforts. They may reach out to you individually to gather more information, or let you know about the progress.

Thanks!

South River, FID + 4 P2P's, started March 7th (I think), finger printed was done on March 10th, have receipt, got everything today, April 14th. Right-around 5 weeks. Wife is doing hers too, we are keeping track of hers better than I did mine. :)

Bayville In 2005 my FID and 3 permits took about 6 weeks since then I have applied for maybe 10 permits the wait time has been anywhere from 90 days to 6 months in 2009 I applied for 2 permits 0n Sept. 9 I did not receive my permits until March 9 I called in Jan an was told I submitted my application in Nov. I have a receit dated Sept 9 for the 4.oo fee for 2 permits after that I was told to call once a week for updates some of the excuses I was given were the 1 girl that takes care of the permits was on vacation and trapped outside the country because of the blizzard, the detective is on vacation for the next 3 weeks while ther is a large stack of applications on his desk, the girl that handles permits only works part time ( 4 days a week ) Also a little inside info was she was given other duties and told firearms was to be put on the back burner and done after all other work then you cant get a live body on her extention so you leave a message and nobody calls you back. I find this so crazy that I pay realestate taxes in this state but I applied for a concealed carry permit in Florida and got it in 3 weeks door to door. The only way I dont get frustrated is to always have permits in the works weather I use them or not.

Keith

South River once again, this time for the wifey. Started process on March 17th, got her FID and 2 P2P's today, so 63 days total. Now, some was our fault, took sometime to get free time for fingerprinting, she has a "normal job" unlike me. :sarcastichand: Killed a week with the references too.

Just submitted P2P forms at NJSP in Hamilton. I was told 10 to 12 weeks. Other than that, they are fine to deal with. Very professional and courteous. The officer in charge even helped me locate a place that provides money orders late at night.

Just got my FID and 3 permit at Edison (Middlesex county), applied on May 15th, one of my reference was out of the country and didn't mail back the reference form until May 26th. On June 27th I got a call to pick up the documents, and yesterday I went to pick up, everything went smoothly. So if my reference was mailed back faster, the whole thing would probably just take less than a month.

Just started the process yesterday (07/05) in Waterford Twp.(Camden County). I was assigned a case number & picked up all my paperwork to be completed (Application, 2 Ref. Letters, Mental Health form, Firearms Auth. Release Form & Fingerprint Form). My fingerprinting is scheduled for 07/22 & when that is completed I have to make an appointment to see the SGT. that handles the FID applications. I will update as I go....