Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

Howdy,

So in light of all the "How long does it take XXXXXX to issue XXXXXX?" questions, figured it was a great time to put together a map like the member map we have, but listing how compliant NJ towns are when it comes to issuance and compliance to the existing NJ Laws.

Furthermore, your results will help NJ gun rights organizations to be able to pick their fights, such as the New Jersey Second Amendment Society.

NJ Compliancy Survey

Please be realistic, and do it if you had experience within the past year or two. Having results from 5 years ago is not really going to help. =)

Please post when you do!

Will let the survey run for a few weeks, and then start putting the results together into usable content. If you would like to help compile the results, send me a pm or post here.

Thanks!

i filed for my fid plus 2 pp.'s on 3/25/11 in rumson i still have not received anything for either one. i called last month and spoke with one of the officers at rumson pd and i was told everything came back, i just have to wait on the chef to make his decision. i know this is not legal. and i'm trying to be a nice guy about it and be patient but i'm not a criminal and my rights should not be violated like this.

Fort Lee Bergen county

Put in my app May 3rd received initial FID July 20 so not terrible i guess. But my reference was a Sgt in another PD so it may have helped me out. No additional forms but i believe if it was not for my reference they were going to contact my school/work. Put in PPs on July 20 been a week so far but they said theyre not contacting references since its so soon. Hoping for 30days or less.

i filed for my fid plus 2 pp.'s on 3/25/11 in rumson i still have not received anything for either one. i called last month and spoke with one of the officers at rumson pd and i was told everything came back, i just have to wait on the chef to make his decision. i know this is not legal. and i'm trying to be a nice guy about it and be patient but i'm not a criminal and my rights should not be violated like this.

I emailed my mayor as soon as my PD was 2 wks past the 30 day deadline. He <cough> made some inquiries.

West Orange - Initial FID for myself and my father. Got fingerprinted on April 2, 2011, and just picked up the cards today. Just shy of 4 months. What's really sickening is that the cards say they were issued on June 2nd, which means they were sitting around for 2 months, and we only found out they were ready because we called and asked about them. And while we're on that subject, it took about 10 phone calls before I actually got to speak with the detective in charge. He was either on vacation, or out of the office, or off duty.

But whatever. I'm happy it's all over now. If you're waiting for your FID and it's been almost 3 months or more, make sure you call your PD and check up on the status.

Teaneck - Submitted my application for FID + 1 P2P around June 15 of this year. They mailed out my reference requests in under 1 week and I took the first available fingerprinting session on July 11. I was notified on Aug 3 that it was ready. The whole process took less than 6 weeks and a big part of that was the delay of almost 4 weeks I had to wait to get printed. The PD was extremely courteous and helpful throughout the process. After reading some of the stories in this thread, I remain extremely impressed.

Me and my wife put in for 2 pistol permits each on April 4th. We went to see the officer a week ago(Aug. 19th). He said they were short handed due to an officer who retired so he was working patrol and was backed up on permits.

Update - -got my permits Saturday Aug 27th. Almost 5 months.

They told me it would be 10-12 weeks. It's the NJSP, our town doesn't have its own police.

Then I would call the NJSP Firearms Unit and see what they have to say anyway, there is absolutely no reason it should take that long, minus the time it take for the references to go out and be returned it the actual time needed is probably less than a day, heck NICS should all that's needed but that a dead horse of a topic.

Harry

• Like 1

Hi everyone I applied at the end of may and it is 4 months and counting. This is for Cliffside Park I was told they were good, but for some reason they decided to lose one of my reference forms, the other one made it no problem, so I had them resend it to my second reference. I just got word today that the form was sent back to the PD. This is fustrating any annoying that our rights are helded up on an interpreted privlage that many NJ LEO beleive. End rant. Any suguestions on what to do to speed up the process?

Currently at 5 weeks in Franklin Twp (Somerset Co) for pistol permits. I was encouraged that the reference letters went out the next day (references showed me their forms with postmarks) after applying but since then radio silence.

The person in charge of permits does not answer her phone or return voice mails so we will see.

Will edit this post when events warrant.

EDIT: 5 weeks on the nose

Currently at 5 weeks in Franklin Twp (Somerset Co) for pistol permits. I was encouraged that the reference letters went out the next day (references showed me their forms with postmarks) after applying but since then radio silence.

The person in charge of permits does not answer her phone or return voice mails so we will see.

Will edit this post when events warrant.

I was told yesterday at Hoboken P.D.: "About 1-2 months." New guy. Usually I'd get them in no more than one month.

Just started the process yesterday (07/05) in Waterford Twp.(Camden County). I was assigned a case number & picked up all my paperwork to be completed (Application, 2 Ref. Letters, Mental Health form, Firearms Auth. Release Form & Fingerprint Form). My fingerprinting is scheduled for 07/22 & when that is completed I have to make an appointment to see the SGT. that handles the FID applications. I will update as I go....

Just an update. This Wednesday will be 11 weeks since I turned in all my completed paperwork. I asked how long the process would take & the SGT. stated that it should only be 5 weeks.... At the 6 week mark, I got a call from the SGT. saying that my mental health forms were "Lost" & that I would have to drop by & fill out two new ones. The new mental health forms were filled out & retuned the very next day & now I sit & wait again.... Should I be calling to check the on status or just wait patiently ?

I am still waiting I applied I think the last week in may for my inicial FID card and yup my last reference form should have been in yeither yesterday or today so they got everything, but the Det the works FID cards had a family emergency so he isn't in for the rest of the week so I have no idea what to do to speed up the process. This is Cliffside Park, NJ Bergen County.

Just an update. This Wednesday will be 11 weeks since I turned in all my completed paperwork. I asked how long the process would take & the SGT. stated that it should only be 5 weeks.... At the 6 week mark, I got a call from the SGT. saying that my mental health forms were "Lost" & that I would have to drop by & fill out two new ones. The new mental health forms were filled out & retuned the very next day & now I sit & wait again.... Should I be calling to check the on status or just wait patiently ?

Got a call from Waterford TWP Police yesterday that my FID & permits are ready for pickup. Today is exactly 11 weeks.