Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

North Arlington... Almost 8 weeks, when I received the call. Picked up today at 9 weeks. Permits are dated at the 7 week mark. Rec'd four permits, but the necessary extension should be pretty painless.

Mt. Laurel township.

Applied and had interview 5/1.

References got their letters 5/3.

Both references mailed them back on 5/8.

Fingerprinted on 5/7.

Called 5/29 and was told they were still waiting on mental health form to be returned from CT ( I moved to Jersey 6 years ago). The woman told me she would give my file to Sgt. Rudderrow when he got in to see if he would process it without the CT form. Called back 5/30 to see what he said. She got a new fax number on 5/29 and resent it. Both her and Sgt. Rudderrow have been extremely nice and helpful. When I went in for my interview ( which was nothing more than verifying the forms were filled out right) he told me he's not a jerk like some of these other towns firearm leads and that as long as I wasn't a loon he has no intentions of impeading on my second amendment rights. It was nice to hear, I actually think he was being genuine.

Now I worry though that this whole CT mental health form issue is going to eff me. I want to call and find out what the hell is going on but seeing as its exactly 30 days today I don't want to push my luck. I figure if I don't hear anything by Wednesday next week I'll call back.

i applied for my fid and 1 pp's the last week in december (2011) got it back 7 weeks later, now i applied for 3 more pp's on april 4th so its into its 8th week and i aint heard from them yet (both times they told me it would take up to 10 weeks, so im gonna give it another couple weeks before i call ) why do you think your mental health form will be a problem ? just because they havent recieved it from ct yet ?

Why do you think your mental health form will be a problem ? just because they havent recieved it from ct yet ?

Yes.

I know that I've never been committed, institutionalized or psychiatriclly evaluated in any way shape or form. It's not what CT sends back that worries me.

I worry that CT simply won't get back to them and that this process that was going very smoothly and timely is now going to turn into a long drawn out nightmare.

(sussex county) just called to inquire about the status of my pp's . the first time i applied for my fid and 1 pp, i was told 10 weeks, it took 7, this time i was told the same,10 weeks which is around now. i just called to check the status and they told me they are "swamped" and its takin between 3 and 5 months !!!! wow !!!

Lakewood

Initial FID

Submitted paperwork 3/29/12

Fingerprinted 4/6/12

FID ready for pickup 6/13/12

The detective was away for two weeks and one of my references never received their letter, so this caused the extra time.

Mt. Laurel township.

Applied and had interview 5/1.

References got their letters 5/3.

Both references mailed them back on 5/8.

Fingerprinted on 5/7.

Called 5/29 and was told they were still waiting on mental health form to be returned from CT ( I moved to Jersey 6 years ago). The woman told me she would give my file to Sgt. Rudderrow when he got in to see if he would process it without the CT form. Called back 5/30 to see what he said. She got a new fax number on 5/29 and resent it. Both her and Sgt. Rudderrow have been extremely nice and helpful. When I went in for my interview ( which was nothing more than verifying the forms were filled out right) he told me he's not a jerk like some of these other towns firearm leads and that as long as I wasn't a loon he has no intentions of impeading on my second amendment rights. It was nice to hear, I actually think he was being genuine.

Now I worry though that this whole CT mental health form issue is going to eff me. I want to call and find out what the hell is going on but seeing as its exactly 30 days today I don't want to push my luck. I figure if I don't hear anything by Wednesday next week I'll call back.

Got FID and two permits 6/15. Once they got the forms back from CT it took them a week for the detective to investigate, get the chiefs signature and mail me the letter telling me to come pick everything up.

With the CT delay everything took 45 days beginning to end.

I believe it would have been less than 30 days without all of the CT nonsense.

Already used one of the permits on a SP2022 :)

Well done Mt. Laurel, well done.

Got FID and two permits 6/15. Once they got the forms back from CT it took them a week for the detective to investigate, get the chiefs signature and mail me the letter telling me to come pick everything up.

With the CT delay everything took 45 days beginning to end.

I believe it would have been less than 30 days without all if the CT nonsense.

Already used one of the permits on a SP2022 :)

Well done Mt. Laurel, well done.

wow ! thats really cool,hats off to mt.laurel !! im still waitin, 11 weeks n countin' !! :(:(

Ocean Township, Monmouth County. Applied for Initial FID 4/28/12....scheduled fingerprinting early as possible which was yesturday 5/8/12. Ill keep you guys posted

Still nothing.....references got letters 2 days after the post....they sent em in immediately....as of today, nothing.

Woodland Park

Pistol Permits

Pretty consistant. Within 30 days, (about 3 weeks)... They inform you that they will call but never do. You have to call them on occasion. Same clerk handles them and she's nice to deal with and will always check for you.

Toms River, address change because I moved, and 1 PP. 6 weeks, I was surprised. But, I did make a call 30 days after dropping off the paperwork because my buddy dropped off his paperwork 2 weeks after I did, an initial permit, and his references got the letter, mine had not at this point. They told me with an address change no reference letters are sent out. (which is a little confusing since I applied for a PP also). The woman also told me that an address change takes longer then the initial permit because they have to wait for the original PD to send over all the paperwork. She told me she just got all that and my paperwork would be about another month because of the backlog. But in 2 more weeks I got the call to come pick it up, so a total of about 6 weeks, which I though was quick for Toms River.

NJSP Augusta Barracks.

April 4 - Applications submitted

June 12 - P2P checks clear the bank

July 11 - Permits approved and printed

July 16 - Permits delivered.

Fourteen weeks, 4 days from start to finish.]

In contrast, I sent a Multiple Handgun Exemption application directly to Trenton on June 25, and received an approval along with my permits on July 16. Three weeks to the day.

Frenchtown, N.J.

Initial FID

Submitted paperwork 6/11/12

Fingerprinted 6/11/12

FID ready for pickup 7/09/12

On a side note. I dealt directly with Chief Kurylka. Seemed really pleasant and had no problems helping with the paperwork to ensure everything went smooth. Some of the other officers seemed...less than enthusiastic about someone wanting an FID. The chief was so helpful that he told me to call dispatch and tell them to have an officer meet me at the station so I could pick up my FID after hours..

Lumberton has been rocking since we got our new Chief. They are now doing an excellent job of turning most things around within 30 days and are no longer outting you to your employer.

The lady in charge of our administrative office advised me:

1. Prep your references and remind them to turn around their notarized reference forms ASAP. Delays in receiving references is the primary cause of delayed permits and ID cards.

2. Get your finger prints done and return the receipt ASAP. If it takes you 2 weeks to get your finger prints done, add 2 weeks onto the turn-around time for your permit/ID.

Like any government process, nothing moves until all the checkmarks are checked. They do not parallel-process. Your app will sit in the office until they have both your reference forms and your fingerprint receipt.

Another Kudo to Lumberton. I have heard tale that some communities will not renew a P2PP after it has expired. Lumberton had no problem renewing mine 4 days after it expired.

NJSP Augusta Barracks.

April 4 - Applications submitted

June 12 - P2P checks clear the bank

July 11 - Permits approved and printed

July 16 - Permits delivered.

Fourteen weeks, 4 days from start to finish.

WOW!

Something seems fishy about the April 4-to-June 12 lag. Almost like it sat on someone's desk for 2 months.

When you make your next P2PP application, I would politely ask questions about that.

Notarized references? Now they make your references go through the trouble of notarizing? What a crock! Mine got asked to do that. Nothing like troubling other people... Geeze.

Lumberton has been rocking since we got our new Chief. They are now doing an excellent job of turning most things around within 30 days and are no longer outting you to your employer.

The lady in charge of our administrative office advised me:

1. Prep your references and remind them to turn around their notarized reference forms ASAP. Delays in receiving references is the primary cause of delayed permits and ID cards.

2. Get your finger prints done and return the receipt ASAP. If it takes you 2 weeks to get your finger prints done, add 2 weeks onto the turn-around time for your permit/ID.

Like any government process, nothing moves until all the checkmarks are checked. They do not parallel-process. Your app will sit in the office until they have both your reference forms and your fingerprint receipt.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Notarized references? Now they make your references go through the trouble of notarizing? What a crock! Mine got asked to do that. Nothing like troubling other people... Geeze.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

The notary ensures the identity of the person signing the form. The alternative to having the references fill out a form is for a LEO to call and interview the references. Not justifying it. Just explaining it.