Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

Understood... They must call mine. Nobody ever told me they were bugged by a form/notary.... Hmmm...

The notary ensures the identity of the person signing the form. The alternative to having the references fill out a form is for a LEO to call and interview the references. Not justifying it. Just explaining it.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Paterson.

Dropped off paperwork today 7/17 for 3 p2p.

Last year Initial FID and 2 p2p waited 9 months.

Now since I already have my FID I expect the right thing to be done here. 30 days.

i remember reading your post and sayin to myself ,WOW 9 months !!!! thats crazy !!! now im closin in on 4 months in sussex !!!!

WOW!

Something seems fishy about the April 4-to-June 12 lag. Almost like it sat on someone's desk for 2 months.

When you make your next P2PP application, I would politely ask questions about that.

When we applied last October the P2P checks cleard the bank three days before the permit issue date. So yes, this time I think they were sitting somewhere in a very large pile. My personal opinion is that for NJSP barracks applications the delay is in Trenton. And it may be due to sheer volume. I know many of us submit applications we may not really need at the moment because we can't count on delivery time when we do. So superfluous applications add to the delay and become a self-fufilling circle. To some extent.

When we applied last October the P2P checks cleard the bank three days before the permit issue date. So yes, this time I think they were sitting somewhere in a very large pile. My personal opinion is that for NJSP barracks applications the delay is in Trenton. And it may be due to sheer volume. I know many of us submit applications we may not really need at the moment because we can't count on delivery time when we do. So superfluous applications add to the delay and become a self-fufilling circle. To some extent.

i think if the delay were in trenton tho, the time intervals would be much closer, ive seen everything from 30 days to 9 months. some one told me they have a "runner" who drops them off when they get a certain amount of apps. and then runs to pick them up when they are ready,but who knows

Filled mine out.

I feel bad for you guys.. If it takes more then a week I get edgy..

If I turn in paperwork on a Sunday night, usually by Wednesday I have my permits. This last batch took the longest, two weeks!!! She was out on disability and apologized for the delay when she got back..

The most important part of getting permits quickly is the chiefs secretary, find common ground with her, bring your little ones, have your wife chat with her, etc, get creative and stand out from everyone applying, this is what works in most of interactions.

The most important part of getting permits quickly is the chiefs secretary, find common ground with her, bring your little ones, have your wife chat with her, etc, get creative and stand out from everyone applying, this is what works in most of interactions.

there isnt any secretary up here in sussex, just a sergeant and one other officer in charge of firearms, im almost at 15 weeks n nothin, i called and cant even get one of them on the phone ,they transfer me n no one ever picks up . if i wanted to go to the extent of actually re-applying (which i hope i dont have to ever do,hopefully ill move by then) i cant even get someone on the phone to make an appointment. this really sucks . if i dont get a call within the next couple weeks i might just have to go to the barracks to find out whats goin on

MT Olive NJ i put in for a change of address and 2 hand guns permits.

I was told they was back up and to expect 45 days! 4 weeks later i was called to pick up my FID/2PP I signed and they took my one fingerprint and i was out the door in 10 minutes.

I couldn't ask for anything more! everyone was friendly and very helpful.

Thank you MO PD

3 PP's submitted at SP barracks on 4/28. Got call week of 5/20 from barracks that app was being processed and would be sent up shortly. Depending on whom you get on the phone in Trenton, they are now saying to have the barracks call up to check. On 7/11...75 days in, I tried checking with the barracks. They refused to check for me saying Trenton wouldn't tell them anything. So tried Trenton again, explained my situation and got someone to check for me. They said they didn't get the app there until 6/22. It was "in the pile" to be typed up and would probably be about 2 weeks. It's been 26 days since my last purchase, so I'm not making a big deal yet. NJSP up until a year ago was good for about 45 days. This past winter/spring was closer to 60 days and now running 90 days. It seems this round was slower coming out of the barracks. Once could make the argument they see my purchase history and don't see a rush to issue since I can't purchase again until 7/30, but I somehow think that's giving the system a little too much credit.

I submitted my paperwork for two pistol permits on 7/18/2012 to the Toms River PD. They warned me they are behind. They have a number of "additional" forms asking all kinds of things like your email address, list of all previous addresses for the last ten years, list of names for those living in the house, etc. If they take less than three months I'll be happy (and surprised!).

I submitted my paperwork for two pistol permits on 7/18/2012 to the Toms River PD. They warned me they are behind. They have a number of "additional" forms asking all kinds of things like your email address, list of all previous addresses for the last ten years, list of names for those living in the house, etc. If they take less than three months I'll be happy (and surprised!).

I applied in TR for my FID and two permits on 6/12/12. My fingerprinting was done that day (I had previously gone to the station to get the forms and register for fingerprinting) and I turned in all the forms that day. My reference letters went out very fast; both references got them 2-3 days later. They were sent back promptly. This is my first time doing this so I wasn't sure what to expect, but I've been lurking on this forum for a bit and know the timeframe can vary greatly depending on the PD. I called today and was told that they are taking about two and a half months lately. Quite the disappointment - I was hoping the permits would be ready by now. But having read about people waiting much longer, I can't really feel too bad. Glad to know it's not just me who is waiting in TR.

Moonachie PD.

Met with Detective McNeese around 7/01 to get initial paperwork and morphotrak paperwork.

I submitted my all my completed paperwork and morphotrak reciept on 7/11. Recieved a call today that my FID and PP were in. So the whole process took less than 3 weeks from when paperwork and prints were submitted.

I applied in TR for my FID and two permits on 6/12/12. My fingerprinting was done that day (I had previously gone to the station to get the forms and register for fingerprinting) and I turned in all the forms that day. My reference letters went out very fast; both references got them 2-3 days later. They were sent back promptly. This is my first time doing this so I wasn't sure what to expect, but I've been lurking on this forum for a bit and know the timeframe can vary greatly depending on the PD. I called today and was told that they are taking about two and a half months lately. Quite the disappointment - I was hoping the permits would be ready by now. But having read about people waiting much longer, I can't really feel too bad. Glad to know it's not just me who is waiting in TR.

Got the call yesterday. Picking them up tomorrow. Pleasant surprise :)

Submitted my paper work on 6/11/22, got finger printed on 6/18/12. My references both returned their paperwork on 6/14/12.

At exactly 30 days I called my local ppd to get an update, the officer in charge told me that I will get something on the mail.

Called again on 7/28/12, same person tells me the same thing, to wait for a letter in the mail only this time I mentioned the 30 day law, he answers that they have 30 days to submit the paper work and that is up to everyone else to answer back. I really didn't want to argue with him so I left it at that.

By the way its now been 52 days since I submitted everything.

I'm located in Union county city Elizabeth.

If I don't hear from them in one more week, I'm contemplating using a lawyer $400. It sucks that I have to pay to get something done that should be %100 free.

Hey Steven, you should still wait a few more weeks. 52 days isn't too bad. Some people on here have had to wait way more than that. I've been waiting 80 days so far here in Linden for my FID and permits. The pd hasn't even sent out the reference letters yet.

Hi Eric. I hear you, but is it right that they drag their feet when the law says that they have 30 days for approval or denial. I feel as if my rights are being violated and it ticks me off, especially since I'm a marine that put his life on the line for this country.

Sorry. I needed to vent.

I agree with you man, it ticks me off too. It isn't right for them to drag there feet. We pay taxes and follow the law, so we should get an answer by 30 days. I've been calling every week for the last 3 weeks and its getting me nowhere.

Eric, I'd say the detectives in your PD are either inept, or willfully sandbagging your paperwork. Did you question why references were never sent? In as much as they, along with criminal background check, pretty much form the basis for being approved, I'd be on them like flies on a rib roast.

Wallington

Applied for FID 4 3 month ago, nothing so far.

Reference letters went out fast.

Edit: just double checked the receipt, it's 3 months, not 4.

It's funny to quote myself :D

I've got it!

Picked up last night.

Total was 3 months, not that bad.

I called the pd again today and the women who answered gave me the runaround. When I asked if she could check the status of my application, she told me she can't find my paperwork and would have to call me back. Which of course she didn't Another member on here who's also from Linden, called this morning as well. He talked to the same lady and got the same runaround. Can't find paperwork and we'll call you back. So it looks like Linden is just sitting on the paperwork and intentionally not processing it. Not sure what to do now. Maybe I should call the chief's office or my councilman.