Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

Greetings from Newark, New Jersey.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial I.D. and 2 P2P

2. Police Department where you applied. Newark P.D. 22 Franklin St.

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Detective Sanders

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. Still in Process. I submitted my application and money orders on July 30, 2012. The detective gave me a morpho trak form and reference letters. I paid $57.50 to Morpho trak and was fingerprinted on August 1, 2012 and submitted those forms to the Detective in person at his desk on August 10, 2012. I will keep you all updated.

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). NONE.

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). NONE.

The Newark P.D. takes applications on mondays beetween the hours of 9am to 11am. There are only 2 Detectives in the Newark P.D. that perform the checks. You can print the papers they will give you right from the Newark P.D. website. I am already mentally prepared for a long process. I say that because there are only 2 detectives handling paper work for all of Newark on top of other duties. Also there is a boom in citizens who want to legally purchase firearms. The monday I returned my application I was #21 of 32 and I was there at 9:15am. Also note that some mondays they may not be there. I tried to show up on August 6 only to have the front desk turn me away because they were out in the field, try to call ahead, I hope this helps someone save time.

\

I have a question. When you pick up your FID and P2P's whats is the norm. I have been told today to bring my social security card, my birth certificate and a bill. This does not seem kosher to me.

I have a question. When you pick up your FID and P2P's whats is the norm. I have been told today to bring my social security card, my birth certificate and a bill. This does not seem kosher to me.

Don't forget the urine sample... Just kidding. I just needed my driver's license at pick up and that was probably just for the officer to copy info from. Gave a copy of it along with the other required stuff at the start of the process when a "case number" was assigned.

Normally Jack Bryden in Ewing is a reasonable guy. He's never busted the 30 day limit for my permits and is very professional. However, I just applied for three P2Ps this week and was told that the NJSP don't like ("give me a hard time" is how he put it) issuing more than two at a time. He also explained that it's not possible to buy three guns within 90 days due to OGAM. Last time I went in (last year) I was applying for just two P2Ps and Jack encouraged me to get three anyway, just in case.

WTH? Are the State Police becoming BIGGER asses as people push back?

Hang in there you'll get the permits. There are people at work trying to speed up the process. I once tried to get a permit in NYC, so NJ seemed to be reasonable to me. IMHO.

I'm not LEO, but some friends are. If you are not a criminal, then you just don't get it when someone steals from you. Wolves in sheep's clothing. Some guy swears up and down that he is straight up. Prints come back and not only does he have a felony conviction, the wolf has three. I don't want to be the guy handing out that permit on a Say So.

Join the NJ2AS, or the NRA, or better yet both.

I just got 2 pp's and my initial FPID card in Maple Shade , Burlington county . Took 34 days exactly . Thanks to Maple Shade PD for the prompt service ! They originally told me 14 - 16 weeks of wait time . I'm going to buy a safe before I bring a firearm into my house so i'm not totally prepared at home yet .

171 days and counting for me. And now with this hurricane happening, I'm gonna have to wait a lot longer.

Hey Eric223, I'm a Linden native and I just joined these forums today after following this thread for a few weeks.

Have you tried contacting the mayor or chief of police directly? I'm preparing to apply for my first FID, and this is what I'd do if the wait was that long. What about emailing the NJ2AS?

Hopefully everyone here didn't get hit too badly by Sandy. Eric223, most of the power is back up in Linden, so the police have no reason to use Sandy as an excuse to further delay your application.

Normally Jack Bryden in Ewing is a reasonable guy. He's never busted the 30 day limit for my permits and is very professional. However, I just applied for three P2Ps this week and was told that the NJSP don't like ("give me a hard time" is how he put it) issuing more than two at a time. He also explained that it's not possible to buy three guns within 90 days due to OGAM. Last time I went in (last year) I was applying for just two P2Ps and Jack encouraged me to get three anyway, just in case.

WTH? Are the State Police becoming BIGGER asses as people push back?

I just got the same rundown from the detective who receives apps in Dumont

He told me people applying for 1-2 permits come right back, but for some reason, a 3 permit app is always longer.

I thought maybe he was B.S.'ing me, maybe not..

Either way, NJ blows

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial I.D. and 3 P2P

2. Police Department where you applied. Jefferson PD, Morris Co.

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Dealt with two different detectives. Both were extremely professional, respectful and pleasant.

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit:

Got fingerprinted on Sept. 20

Returned the applications to JPD on Sept 25

References got the letters on Oct 16 and Oct 17

Got the FIP and permits on Nov 13.

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form).

Required form ST033 for the FID **and* a separate ST033 for the pistol permits. Also required the morpho trak form and receipt

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.).

None. All in all was not a bad experience. After reading all the horror stories here and Sandy hitting a couple weeks ago, I was surprised how fast I got them. Time to go shopping.

I just got 2 pp's and my initial FPID card in Maple Shade , Burlington county . Took 34 days exactly . Thanks to Maple Shade PD for the prompt service ! They originally told me 14 - 16 weeks of wait time . I'm going to buy a safe before I bring a firearm into my house so i'm not totally prepared at home yet .

I just got my Initial FID and P2P from Maple Shade TODAY after a grueling 5 1/2 months. Several phone calls to the PD. Finally was told last Monday, November 5th, that It was done and they were just waiting on the chief's signature. They also told me I would hear from them by the end of the week. Needless to say, that didn't happen, today, a week and a half later, I called again, only to be directed to someone else's voicemail. After that, and much frustration, I decided today was the day to call direct to the chief, who was very rude and unprofessional. Within two minutes of hanging up, I had a returned phone call, that my FID and P2P were miraculously ready.

wow, I wasn't off by much. Just got the call my 3 P2P's are ready.

In Jackson, we still wait - My wife filed her apps (initial FID and P2P's) in early June - just got the call Monday to come get them. almost 4 months. I dropped off 3 additions P2P's start of August, so I will no doubt see them around Thanksgiving.

Just dropped off my FID address change and app for 4 PP, Hillsborough NJ.

Didnt ask a time line last time took 2months. I usually call after 30days then every week after.

Paper work was the normal state forms only non state form is a past address list which ive always filled out for this dept. No FP needed, tried to take my FID card but i didnt surrender due to need it for ammo. I told them that and was told to surrender it on pick up.

Hey Eric223, I'm a Linden native and I just joined these forums today after following this thread for a few weeks.

Have you tried contacting the mayor or chief of police directly? I'm preparing to apply for my first FID, and this is what I'd do if the wait was that long. What about emailing the NJ2AS?

Hopefully everyone here didn't get hit too badly by Sandy. Eric223, most of the power is back up in Linden, so the police have no reason to use Sandy as an excuse to further delay your application.

I did call the chiefs office and his secretary told me he doesn't get involved in the fid process. I also posted several times on the nj2as Facebook page about my situation. On the application it says the fid process takes 3 to 6 months. I'm up to 186 days which is past 6 months. I only have to wait two more weeks and I hit 200 days. Awesome!

Good luck with your application.

Submitted my FID and P2P (x2) application to Bayonne a week from last Friday - they're saying 2-3 months for a response.

Took a little bit longer than I expected... Dropped off 3 August, got the call today 19 Nov (15 Weeks)

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID).: Initial I.D. and 2 P2P

2. Police Department where you applied.: Bayonne PD - Avenue C, Town Hall

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD.: Det Schaefer

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit.: 15 weeks

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). NONE.

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). There was a delay at the NJSP as told to me by one of the sergeants. I had submitted by fingerprints at Morpho 27 July but as of mid october, they hadn't been received back from NJSP to local PD. Then of course, there was Sandy that slowed everything up.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID).: Initial I.D. and 2 P2P

2. Police Department where you applied.: Garfield

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD.: Det De Lamantia JR

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit.: 13

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Waiver to contact employeer, waiver to check background, questionaree on why I wanted to purchase a firearm, and names DOBS and SS's of all unrelated coinhabitants that've used my mailing address within the past 10 years, plus a $50.00 cash fee

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). Submitted my application on August 15th, and ignorant filled out the forms and payed the $50.00 cash fee, AFTER the morpho fee and NJ state fee. On the 21st I had finger printing, and on the 26th was contacted saying my permit will be ready within a week. After a month of not hearing back, I called and was told the detective was out for the next MONTH and that I never filed for a permit, I contacted NJ2AS and the NJSP and was told my $50.00 cash fee would be refunded, and my permit was found and would be expedited. A month later still nothing, after calling and leaving a polite but assertive voicemail they called back to pick up my permit.

I didn't realize until after I left, it was SIGNED and ISSUED, 27 days after filing, .....although it took an extra two months to give me it.

I applied for a change of address in Denville in the first week of September. The chief's secretary handled the paperwork management and was helpful and very polite, but the process still took 2 1/2 months anyway. Apparently the NJSP took a lion's share of time on their end. Oh well, I am just glad that I have it now. They didn't ask me to turn in my old card until the new one came, which was nice of them and the way it should be.

I had my prints taken on Oct 31st, all references paperwork was in the mail going back to EHTPD by Nov. 5th. so next week will be the beginning of my 4th week.

Coming from out west, this process is ridiculous... The lady at the desk said it may take 3-4 months with a smirk on her face...

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial ID and 2 P2P

2. Police Department where you applied. NJSP Woodbine

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. About 4 different Troopers, and one Sgt.

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. Applied 9/25/2009, Received permits 6/26/2009

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). STS-33, SP-66, and SBI 212A, and a mess of checks/money orders to NJSP and NJ SBI(totaling $80+)

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). After 4 months I called the station played tag among about 3 Troopers about the amount of time it was taking. Apparently it was sitting on someones desk and got misplaced. Was informed it would be sent to Trenton that week. 3 more months go by and I call back and ask to speak to a Sgt. He told me it's in Trenton's hands and the FBI takes forever with the prints. I call to the Firearms unit in Trenton where a Trooper(or Detective, I forget) flips out on me telling me never to call them and asked who the Troopers name at Woodbine was that was handling my application. I rambled off about 3 Troopers names before he hung up on me.

About another month goes by, and I call back to Woodbine, and tell them I'm going to put in a complaint to the Office of the Attorney General, as the law states they must approve or disapprove my application in 30 days, and it has now been 8.5 months, 7.5 months longer than the law states. They say they will call me back within a half hour. They call back and inform me my permits will be in by Friday. Sure enough, they were there.

Cliff notes: Until I threatened to file a complaint to the OAG office, it took ~9 months to get my FID and 2 P2P.

NJSP Woodbine recently took 3 months to issue me a P2P.

I just moved so lets hope the municipal PD is a bit faster with the address change and a P2P.

Paterson.

Dropped off paperwork today 7/17 for 3 p2p.

Last year Initial FID and 2 p2p waited 9 months.

Now since I already have my FID I expect the right thing to be done here. 30 days.

Still waiting. This is bs

Still waiting for my fid and permits here in Linden. Today makes it 200 days since I applied. Total BS

that is NOT right, have you contacted anyone?

I have been waiting for 5 weeks (started the 5th week today) and it is bugging me..

Anyone know the average wait time in EHT?