Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

Whippany (part of Hanover Township) took 21 days for my initial purchase ID. Also took 21 days for 3 separate pistol permits each, these were all done back in 2009-2011.

I moved to Rockaway last year and haven't submitted anything there yet.

Another update- 55 days and counting for change of address on FID only, called and asked if there were any problems, anything I could do, etc. and was informed that everyting is in order and they would call when it is ready.

NJSP Woodbine, NJ applied for FID change of address and permits on 1/5. One reference had a phone questionnaire 2 weeks later. 2nd reference was done over the phone a week ago! I'm at 5 weeks now and I called last week and was told they are waiting for mental health check to come back. Will keep you posted. Wait is killing me!

NJSP Woodbine, NJ applied for FID change of address and permits on 1/5. One reference had a phone questionnaire 2 weeks later. 2nd reference was done over the phone a week ago! I'm at 5 weeks now and I called last week and was told they are waiting for mental health check to come back. Will keep you posted. Wait is killing me!

I put in for permits at NJSP Woodbine on 12/20...I'm still waiting.

Edison PD

09/19/2012: Change of Address and P2P submitted. :icon_e_confused:

01/09/2013: Call from PD stating application has been ready for a while but they are waiting on former PD to forward paperwork. :banghead:

02/12/2013: New FPID and P2P are ready. :good:

02/14/2013: Nothing I want is in stock. :angry:

I put in for permits at NJSP Woodbine on 12/20...I'm still waiting.

Put in for permits at NJSP Tuckerton in mid-November. References said they got calls in early December. But now I'm still waiting.

In the interim, I did get a extension on a previous permit I had, that took just under 4 weeks.

I've always found them good to deal with at the barracks, seems upstream is where the delays are with NJSP.

Put in for permits at NJSP Tuckerton in mid-November. References said they got calls in early December. But now I'm still waiting.

In the interim, I did get a extension on a previous permit I had, that took just under 4 weeks.

I've always found them good to deal with at the barracks, seems upstream is where the delays are with NJSP.

A NJSP Sergeant told me that they are essentially doing the firearms workload of 20+ departments in Trenton. Are the FID/P2P's processed by the same Firearms unit that does the NICS checks?

Maple Shade/Burlington county

1/7/13 dropped of application for FID was told 8/9 weeks

1/16/13 finger printed and references dropped off

2/15/13 called the records keeping dept to check up on things and was told it would be 14 to 18+ weeks. Any thing i can do about this? i thought there was 30 days min to be approved to denied

any help would be appreciated

7 weeks for me in Fair Lawn, too. My NICS check lasted from Tuesday AM (2/11) to Friday PM (2/15).

Have your references got their letter yet? I Applied for FID on 10/26 in Bloomfield, NICS cashed check on 1/11, but my references have not got the letter yet.

Almost 4 months!

Have your references got their letter yet? I Applied for FID on 10/26 in Bloomfield, NICS cashed check on 1/11, but my references have not got the letter yet.

Almost 4 months!

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I have my FID and P2Ps. It took 7 weeks from the day that I submitted my paperwork to get my FID and P2Ps. If I remember correctly, the PD sent the reference letters the week after I submitted my application.

Good luck.

A NJSP Sergeant told me that they are essentially doing the firearms workload of 20+ departments in Trenton. Are the FID/P2P's processed by the same Firearms unit that does the NICS checks?

I wouldn't doubt it. Sorry, I can't answer your question.

Anyone got a NJSP permit issued in the past month? If so, what was your wait time?

Clifton PD came through today. 10 weeks total for address change and 2 pp. It would have been a lot sooner but West Paterson lost the file request for my old records. Overall I think Clifton does a great job, but I wish they let you check status at 30 days. I would have been able to contact WP sooner to resolve the issue. My references received paperwork first week. Once I found out WP was missing the request it took a week to finish things up. Everyone I dealt with was helpful at WP and Clifton.

i filed my stuff just before christmas. i couldn't get an appointment to get fingerprinted till jan 7 2013, due to my schedule. before i got fingerprinted, lindenwold pd had sent letters to my 2 references.....both cap members, one of whom is active duty army. both sent in within a week. i still haven't heard from lindenwold pd. the clerk at the pd told us(i've finally corrup.....converted mom) to expect a 3-4 month wait. this sucks.

I wouldn't doubt it. Sorry, I can't answer your question.

Anyone got a NJSP permit issued in the past month? If so, what was your wait time?

I went through the NJSP for a change of address on an existing FID. Submitted all of the paperwork in 12/18/12 and still waiting.

Maple Shade/Burlington county

1/7/13 dropped of application for FID was told 8/9 weeks

1/16/13 finger printed and references dropped off

2/15/13 called the records keeping dept to check up on things and was told it would be 14 to 18+ weeks. Any thing i can do about this? i thought there was 30 days min to be approved to denied

any help would be appreciated

14 weeks that's like 3-4 months?

The 30 day timeline is rarely ever followed. But if you are having a hard time and they are taking a long time you could contact the NJ2AS and see if they can help you. In fact you should join anyway, we need the support and they are always helping people with their permit issues.

Not glad to see others are waiting in the long line too, but glad to see I am not the only one. I had my prints done dec20 and submitted my paperwork with the references that day. My check was cashed on 2/1. Still waiting. Stopped at the PD last friday, and they told me State Police had not sent them back anything yet. I am in Washington Twp South Jersey. Not exactly sure as to the entire process, so not sure after the State gets back to the local what else needs to be done. I assume the state contacts the feds, then the state does their part. Not sure after that what the local has to do. I am guessing the local PD checked the references before it went to state.

Morris Township.

Just got the call today. I am ready to pick up my FPID/PP.

Applied late Dec. (right before Christmas so ~20th). Ready 2/20.

Probably would have been done sooner, but 1 of my reference letters came late and had to schedule printings / interviews on weekends.

If it wasnt drawn out, it would probably have taken about 5-6 weeks instead of the 8.

Morris Township.

Just got the call today. I am ready to pick up my FPID/PP.

Applied late Dec. (right before Christmas so ~20th). Ready 2/20.

Probably would have been done sooner, but 1 of my reference letters came late and had to schedule printings / interviews on weekends.

If it wasnt drawn out, it would probably have taken about 5-6 weeks instead of the 8.

You are lucky. I applied the same day and my reference letters were with the application. Still nothing. I am trying not to expect it for another couple of months.

Somerville (Somerset Co)

Last month (Jan '13) I applied for my initial FID and HG permit in NJ. According to the Sgt. here, there's been a huge influx of applicants since December and that it 'could' take up to 8 weeks. After submitting my paperwork it took 1-1/2 weeks to get a fingerprint appointment due to the backlog. The sarge called 15 days after I got printed that my paperwork was ready and to come pick up the FID and permit. I was shocked to say the least.

Word is that generally they are lightning fast here. That probably also depends on your references. My 2 had the paperwork sent out the day after they received it. I almost feel guilty that it was so easy for me :-/

Talked to NJSP Firearms unit today regarding my P2P which I've now been waiting for, for over 2 months. I got a surprisingly honest employee on the phone.

They said in the past month what they've done was processed all retired LEO's applications for FID and or P2P FIRST.

Then they started doing all initial FID's for regular old citizens...and now they are just starting to process the P2P's from the past two months. They claim people will be receiving their initial FID's only, even if they also applied for P2P's at the same time, until they catch up.

My regular PD is NJSP, so this may not apply to everyone.

Thanks for the update, Can you tell us which NJSP station you are dealing with? I am in a similar situation, going on 3 months for a change of address on my FID.

Woodbine, but I got this info direct from the firearms unit in Trenton.

Woodbine, but I got this info direct from the firearms unit in Trenton.

Thanks, I will make another call this week to the Hamilton station and see if there has been any movement lately.