Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

I only had to submit the standard forms. My references got five standard questions I felt were reasonable. I did not see what they sent to my employer. My wife submitted her paperwork the same day as me and when I checked today I was told her permits will be ready next week.

The PD asked me if they should send another letter but before I have them do that I want to speak to my HR dept and find out what happened. If another letter is needed I will inquire about having it faxed over. Hopefully I can get that to happen.

I suspect this is just incompetence in the HR dept at my employer.

Could be, but my employer will not provide them anything unless they pay for it. Seems a bit of a rights violation if you ask me. What business is of my employer to know if i am applying for a firearm Id?

Could be, but my employer will not provide them anything unless they pay for it. Seems a bit of a rights violation if you ask me. What business is of my employer to know if i am applying for a firearm Id?

Sounds like you need to contact an attorney. A sternly worded letter may change your employers mind about that policy.

Sounds like you need to contact an attorney. A sternly worded letter may change your employers mind about that policy.

No, that would not even cause them to flinch. You would be surprised how many companies are doing the same thing. It is run through Equifax.

No, that would not even cause them to flinch. You would be surprised how many companies are doing the same thing. It is run through Equifax.

Can you pay the fee to Equifax and have the info sent to your local PD? It's not right but at least it may get you your permits.

I am waiting to hear back from the sgt to see what he needs. I was thinking that either i would provide a money order/ check to the pd so they can sign up for the service. Either way it is all done electronically, so if they are looking to actually speak to someone it will not happen.

I am waiting to hear back from the sgt to see what he needs. I was thinking that either i would provide a money order/ check to the pd so they can sign up for the service. Either way it is all done electronically, so if they are looking to actually speak to someone it will not happen.

I know my company does employment verification. We have a written policy that it must go through HR and not to your direct supervisor. My local PD was fine with sending it to HR which is why I think it's just sitting on someones desk there. I'll find out Monday morning.

Reading this makes me sick! I applied in Toms River on 2/13/13 for 2 P2P, usual paperwork. Looks like I'm in it for the long haul! My gun is at BA waiting for me. They have a ton of guns for people waiting for permits! Crazy!

Jan

As I suspected it was incompetence in my HR dept. They say they never received the employment verification but I'm darn sure it was sent. All mine and my wife's paperwork went out and came back but my company didn't get theirs. Sure. PD is sending another one.

As I suspected it was incompetence in my HR dept. They say they never received the employment verification but I'm darn sure it was sent. All mine and my wife's paperwork went out and came back but my company didn't get theirs. Sure. PD is sending another one.

Well at least you know what needs to be done now. As I expected I heard nothing, and did not receive a call back.

11 weeks. Think there are a bunch of us around that mark and waiting. Not sure if i should be hopeful or just patient.

I called yesterday and the chief's secretary said she just mailed out the letter. Apparently they no longer call when permits are ready. It just so happened I called the day they were signed.

11 weeks. Think there are a bunch of us around that mark and waiting. Not sure if i should be hopeful or just patient.

Just at the 11 week mark myself, paperwork in on 12/18, so I am getting more hopeful!

Paterson.

Dropped off paperwork today 7/17 for 3 p2p.

Last year Initial FID and 2 p2p waited 9 months.

Now since I already have my FID I expect the right thing to be done here. 30 days.

Guess what.

7 1/2 months still waiting. Unreal.

Congrats on the 6 weeks, even that is too long.

Thanks, after hear all the horror stories I feel extremely lucky.

This town has been straight up everytime without any hassles or additional forms. The detective I have beed dealing with said they have been processing more than they ever had, and most of the delay is the state doing the background check.

I got my change of address back in 07 and that came back in a couple of weeks, my wifes FID and P2P took 6 weeks just before CT, now we are just waiting on my daughters paperwork, her fingerprints were done last week, so we'll see how that goes.

Thanks, after hear all the horror stories I feel extremely lucky.

This town has been straight up everytime without any hassles or additional forms. The detective I have beed dealing with said they have been processing more than they ever had, and most of the delay is the state doing the background check.

I got my change of address back in 07 and that came back in a couple of weeks, my wifes FID and P2P took 6 weeks just before CT, now we are just waiting on my daughters paperwork, her fingerprints were done last week, so we'll see how that goes.

You are lucky. I know my town received 150 FID apps in January, and expected to double that in February. in 2012 they completed 650. They are on track to beat that in another month or two. Mine was submitted in during DEC. When i dropped mine off originally they said they thought about 2 months. NJALEX dropped his off a couple weeks ago and they told him 3 months. So I have to imagine mine should be any day. Looks like some towns are really on the ball, even with the state taking longer. Others, not so good.

There was a writeup in the local paper that talked about how backlogged the local towns are, and how they received tons of applications. To the point where my town dedicated one sgt to handle all of them full time. The writer also interviewed the folks at Bob's in Glassboro. They mentioned how backed up with NICS that they have, and the pistol cases are almost empty.

You are lucky. I know my town received 150 FID apps in January, and expected to double that in February. in 2012 they completed 650. They are on track to beat that in another month or two. Mine was submitted in during DEC. When i dropped mine off originally they said they thought about 2 months. NJALEX dropped his off a couple weeks ago and they told him 3 months. So I have to imagine mine should be any day. Looks like some towns are really on the ball, even with the state taking longer. Others, not so good.

There was a writeup in the local paper that talked about how backlogged the local towns are, and how they received tons of applications. To the point where my town dedicated one sgt to handle all of them full time. The writer also interviewed the folks at Bob's in Glassboro. They mentioned how backed up with NICS that they have, and the pistol cases are almost empty.

It might be a good idea to remind anyone who will listen that this will become the new normal if we have to reapply for our Fid within tel years and then again every five years thereadter

I have to imagine it will only be worse, and besides, they pay no attention to the 30 day law. Let's be honest, there is no reason the process should take anywhere close to 30 days. Wonder what they have been doing with all the money collected in fees? We know it was never spent on technology.

i applied to lindenwold pd just around christmas. i honestly don't remember the exact date. got fingerprinted jan. 7, 2013. waited till about 2 weeks ago to call. they said they saw my paperwork on the detectives desk, and it should be only a week ot two now.

i called again this morning, as it was two weeks now. the lady on the phone(whos name i forgot to get) was VERY nice, and pleasant to deal with. BUT....she said the same thing. it's on the detectives desk, waiting for review, and to give him a couple weeks. i nicely asked her if there were any way that she could get him to rush mine a bit, as i've already lost a good deal on an xd45 from a guy in pa. she said there's really nothing she can do, as the detective needs to review my stuff?

seriously? why or what does a small town detective need to review once the state pd, and fbi(or whoever else checks my history) has sent stuff back with the ok?

this is getting really really frustrating now.

i applied to lindenwold pd just around christmas. i honestly don't remember the exact date. got fingerprinted jan. 7, 2013. waited till about 2 weeks ago to call. they said they saw my paperwork on the detectives desk, and it should be only a week ot two now.

i called again this morning, as it was two weeks now. the lady on the phone(whos name i forgot to get) was VERY nice, and pleasant to deal with. BUT....she said the same thing. it's on the detectives desk, waiting for review, and to give him a couple weeks. i nicely asked her if there were any way that she could get him to rush mine a bit, as i've already lost a good deal on an xd45 from a guy in pa. she said there's really nothing she can do, as the detective needs to review my stuff?

seriously? why or what does a small town detective need to review once the state pd, and fbi(or whoever else checks my history) has sent stuff back with the ok?

this is getting really really frustrating now.

This brings up a good point, and that is- how many additional FIDs have been applied for since last December? I know the NJSP oficer I spoke with told me that it has been "through the roof". It makes me wonder what the aggregate total might be?