Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

When it takes some towns close to the required by law of 30 days, then those that take longer should be read the law that required them to process them in the allotted time. The NJ2AS (link in my sig) has been contacting problem towns with what is the law with great results. But we will still have the stubborn towns who drag their feet and scoff at the law.

I have visited a couple times and called. Always the same response. Busy, lots of apps, we will call you when it is ready. I think it makes a difference depending on where you live. Some towns are more responsive. Mine will not return a phone call.

Why don't you ask your LGS if you can put a deposit down, and have then hold the pistol for you? Many places will do that.

When it takes some towns close to the required by law of 30 days, then those that take longer should be read the law that required them to process them in the allotted time. The NJ2AS (link in my sig) has been contacting problem towns with what is the law with great results. But we will still have the stubborn towns who drag their feet and scoff at the law.

any chance they've had to call lindenwold yet? i can tell ya, that if i were to get my stuff by weeks end, so i don't miss out on that xd45, my ass will join them faster than you can imagine.

of course, i'll end up joining anyway..........but don't tell the boss that, lololol

any chance they've had to call lindenwold yet? i can tell ya, that if i were to get my stuff by weeks end, so i don't miss out on that xd45, my ass will join them faster than you can imagine.

of course, i'll end up joining anyway..........but don't tell the boss that, lololol

Head over here and check it out... http://nj2as.com/OEC

I call every 10 days or so and have stopped in twice. Apparently it hasn't helped but I still keep trying. I am polite, and always ask if there is anything else I need to do. It seems like the NJSP are beginning to get a little tired of us calling. I am sure they are busy, but enough is enough already.

I call every 10 days or so and have stopped in twice. Apparently it hasn't helped but I still keep trying. I am polite, and always ask if there is anything else I need to do. It seems like the NJSP are beginning to get a little tired of us calling. I am sure they are busy, but enough is enough already.

i was very polite, and even tried injecting some humor, which the lady actually laughed at.....so hopefully that helped a bit....

I been waiting since 1/5 for FID address change and p2p's out of NJSP woodbine and called and spoke to a very helpful trooper. He said not 1 application has come back complete from Trenton for any 2013 applicant yet. He said they are still waiting on some apps to come back from late November and December! In my case said my SBI mental health and reference info was sent off to Trenton on 2/15 and it's just a total waiting game. Said yeah this is supposed to be a 30 day process but we elate overwhelmed and it's running 3-4 months. I am almost at 10 weeks.....well see how long I end up waiting.

Yeah. I think he was referring to my local barracks applications only. Woodbine NJ.

I submitted my application for 3 P2P's 12/20. Tomorrow is 12 weeks and counting that I've been waiting. NJSP Woodbine.

Called and spoke to an NJSP officer today and he told me that they are processing 4-5 times the normal number of FIDs/P2Ps and that it would be at least another 2 weeks before my FID address change is complete.

As of today I am going on 13 weeks.

I'm currently at 6 weeks and a day for three permits to purchase a handgun from NJSP Woodbine.

...and waiting.

I said to my friends, I put in for my FL CCW on Jan 15, I'm willing to bet I get that back before I get the P2P from the State Police. Pathetic.

I've never had any issues with the police, not even a parking ticket, and never had any mental issues...it's not like there is anything too complicated with investigating me.

And just like I said, I got my FL CCW permit(which I applied for a month after I put in for the P2P's) before I received the P2P's,

Today is the 12 week mark, and counting for my P2P's. Thanks for the speedy process NJ!

Got my card around January 15th. Two months just for a change of address!!

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). FID change of address

2. Police Department where you applied. Wood Ridge, Bergen County

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Sgt. Wolfsuhn

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. Applied 10/22/12 - Fingerprinting scheduled for 10/31/12 4pm (earliest available) - will update the rest when completed. *Update: Due to Hurricane Sandy my fingerprinting has been re-scheduled for 11/7/12.

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Just application and Mental Health, but I am required to get fingerprinted again which surprised me, as I had that done 2 years ago for East Rutherford (2 towns over) and the official instructions from the PD didn't actually mention fingerprinting for change of address :(

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc). Sgt. Wolfsuhn was very accommodating regarding leaving me forms to pick up and scheduling an appt to give the completed forms back to him.

Got my card around January 15th. Two months just for a change of address!!

Unfortunately 2 months isn't that bad these days, I am well over 3 months for a chang eof address with no end in sight!

Applied at the NJSP Woodbine Barracks on Jan 12th for only a FID. Was fingerprinted on Jan 17th.

Called in first week in February to make sure my application was all in order. Everything was fine.

Called first week in March to find out the status. Was told at the latest I'd have it on March 14th.

Called March 15th because I hadn't heard anything and the trooper I talked to sounded in a bad mood. Told me that its not like they are just sitting around the station and that I'd get my ID when its done. He blamed the wait on Trenton and said it has nothing to do with them and Trenton is taking forever to get all the applicants approved.

Montgomery Township

1/16 Paperwork submitted. FPID and P2P

1/25 Fingerprints done

2/27 Called PD and spoke with detective in charge of applications. All checks done. References received. Here I quote " I don't see any problem here. I just have to pass it up to the Captain to sign off on."

3/13 Called again to check on status. Still on Captains desk.

60 days and counting.

Edison

Both my wife and I applied for FID and a P2P each on 1/18/13, haven't heard a thing since :rolleyes:

On 3-15-13 my references informed me that they received the reference paperwork in the mail ... Almost 2 months just to try and contact my references .... Unbelievable!

On 3-15-13 my references informed me that they received the reference paperwork in the mail ... Almost 2 months just to try and contact my references .... Unbelievable!

This is really unacceptable. I can see (to a point but not really) having to wait on an outside agency for background check, mental health etc. but to wait this long on references is not acceptable.

You're lucky. I applied in Edison for just the P2P on 1/15/21013 and my references still haven't received any paperwork.

Well, another milestone for me, hit the 90 day mark today. I am now going into my 4th month waiting for a change of address.

Called tghe NJSP 2 weeks ago and they said not to worry, it is now taking between 60 and 90 days for a change of address. Let me guess, when I call today they are going to tell me it is taking between 90 and 120 days.

mom's back up here, and i needed her to run a couple errands for me. so i made one of those for her to go to lindenwold pd for me. she talked to the lady working at the desk......she said the lady was very nice, but forgot to get her name, or the name of the detective that's got my paperwork.

anyway, she says that now they're saying that they just don't have the manpower to do these, and my stuff's still on his desk. i'm going to call myself tomorrow mornign, and get names, and ask for an appointment to talk with either that detective, or with the chief. i'm not sure what to really say to them though, except that going on 4 months, is not really acceptable.

Well, another milestone for me, hit the 90 day mark today. I am now going into my 4th month waiting for a change of address.

Called tghe NJSP 2 weeks ago and they said not to worry, it is now taking between 60 and 90 days for a change of address. Let me guess, when I call today they are going to tell me it is taking between 90 and 120 days.

Today is my 90 day mark for 3 P2P's from NJSP as well.

Applied for a couple handgun purchase permits back on 11/16/12 here in Linden. It's now 3/19/13 and I haven't heard anything back. I never had to wait more than ~6 weeks when I applied for the last few, anyone else in Linden having the same problem? We also have to fill out an extra form.

Montgomery Township

1/16 Paperwork submitted. FPID and P2P

1/25 Fingerprints done

2/27 Called PD and spoke with detective in charge of applications. All checks done. References received. Here I quote " I don't see any problem here. I just have to pass it up to the Captain to sign off on."

3/13 Called again to check on status. Still on Captains desk.

60 days and counting.

Went to LPD today (3/20) to add a second p2p to my application, which they allowed. When I was done they assured me it would be no longer than two weeks for me to pick up my FPID and P2P's. They were very nice and extremely apologetic for the delay. Other then the VERY long wait it has been a very positive experience. Very pleasant folks.