Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

I've focking had it with this. I want my welfare check, that shit would be issued immediately. This is completely unacceptable. At least the guys who have local PDs have "someone" to complain to in their Chief or mayor. Us folks who are stuck with the asshat State Police are stuck. This is such bs. I'm up for the lawsuit against the state for the interest on my un transferable PAID FOR firearms. And I'm about to lose out on another because the guy doesn't want to wait on my P2P even if I pay him now.

I'm right there with you. I've had a pistol paid for since December. Not to mention once I do get my permits, I still have to wait another 10 days for these NCS checks(yes, I removed the "I" since they are no longer instant checks).

I've wrote my State Senator(Jeff Van Drew) regarding this, and got a personal reply that said(paraphrase): I will vote no on any Anti Second Amendment bills, and I will investigate into the matter you wrote about in your e-mail(Pistol permits taking forever as well as these not so instant NICS checks). Signed- Jeff. I feel fairly certain it was actually him replying to me.

I hope to actually hear back from him.

I'm up for the lawsuit against the state for the interest on my un transferable PAID FOR firearms.

If your going to try a lawsuit it should be in relation to stopping the state from infringing on our 2A rights with these crazy waiting periods. Then you need to find a lawyer who is willing to actually fight for those rights instead of looking at us (law abiding gun owners) as a source of income. Do that and I will sign on to help in any way I can!!

Since that is very unlikely to happen, I have plans in place to leave the state and the east coast and move to a free state

Just called Hamilton PD (Mercer County) to inquire about my 3 permits I'm waiting for since January 8th and still get their BS response "there's a 5 month wait". I asked where I was in the process and mentioned the fact my references haven't even been contacted yet and he said there's no status updates. Detectives will call when they get to it.

What a f**king crock of shit! I am pretty certain that come the end of May (5 months) I will still be waiting for these permits, and I will even go as far as to say that I will have moved out of the commie state in July before my permits get approved. And I'll just have to pick up the firearms that I want in my new FREE STATE of South Carolina. Unbelievable! The crap processes that we in this state have to go through is just unreal.

13 business weeks and counting....

God bless the Fair Lawn PD, I submitted my papers (Firearm ID Card and Permit to purchase Handgun) on March 21, 2013. I got a call from the FLPD to go pick my ID Card and Permit on April 5, 2013 (Less than 3 weeks!!!!!).

I submitted mine in February, and 8 weeks later I got it. Guess they didn't like me.

Artyguy, it took me 218 days to get my fid in linden last year. And that was before newtown and the hurricane.

Wow. That is absolutely ridiculous. I emailed and called various people once I hit a few months and that didn't help. My last option was to call a cop buddy of mine to see if he can light a fire under the clerks ass. Of course when I do move all I have to do is wait for Linden.

I just dug up all my paperwork.

I did the initial "sit down" with Ewing PD on 9-3-10, Initial FID and 1 P2P. Was told the process will actually start after I called in that my Fingerprints had been completed which was 10-19-10 (late afternoon). Made the call and waited, was told it would be about 8 weeks. Perfect right before Christmas/New Years. I got side tracked with that season and it wasn't till mid-Jan that I called for an update. That's when my so called "Pro-gun" reference didn't return his paperwork, though he said he did. Possibly true, however my very ANTI gun reference returned her paperwork without issue. She simply, as a lawyer, understood my 2A right though it wasn't for her. She also asked me to not discuss any purchases with her, NO problem there--Thank you dear. I gave my PD another reference that I could completely trust and after she returned the paperwork my FID was issued on 2-10-11.

On top of the 2 St-033 and Mental Health forms, I had to submit a Biographical Data form. Wanting 10 years of residence and employment info. Another Domestic Violence Inquiry Form, basically same questions on the ST-033. Lastly a notarized Release Authorization Form, basically everybody the PD contacted during the investigation was to release my info.

I filed for 3 P2P on 6-30-11, used the same 2 ladies on my initial application. Was told since I used the same references there was no need to contact them again. Got those on 7-27-11. Got an extension on 2 of them on 10-25-11 without issue.

I needed to fill out 2 ST-033 for these

I just filed for 2 P2P, Max the PD will allow, on 4-9-13. Told I could hear back in 3 to 7 weeks, all depends on the NJSP. Again used the same 2 ladies for my references and the 2 copies of ST-033. Was told because of the up to 15 business days for NICS to return the OGAM doesn't really apply anymore and this is why the Chief, I presume, decided to make it a 2 permit max. We never did discuss extensions, though. Should note he's not happy with the way the system is working. Will update once they come in.

Lastly, for those in Ewing and have been dealing with Jack for all these past years, He is OFFICIALLY Retiring at the end of June. He doesn't know who will be his replacement yet but it will be an officer on the force. Those that don't know, Jack has put a total of 38 years on the force. After retiring from EPD, he came back to work Part Time to run the Firearms, Taxi and Liquor License, usually only 2 days a week. He said it's run its course and it is now time to kick the feet up between here and FL.

Will be interesting to see how much things change after he leaves.

Tomorrow is the 4 month mark- 120 days since I applied for 3 P2P's from NJSP Woodbine.

I'm really starting to get pissed off now. I've had a gun paid for since December(M&P Shield 9) that I cannot do anything with because my rights are being deprived by the State of NJ. This is complete and utter BS.

I'm sending more letters today and calling my state representatives. This is a RIGHT, not a privledge. I shouldn't have to wait for 4+ months to exercise my rights. Would these people working in "Trenton" like it if they said "I want to start going to Church tomorrow". Then I said "Nope, you can't go for 4+ months."

Why doesn't NJ2AS want to do anything to help us? This is a present 2A issue that is ongoing in the State of NJ.

Not to mention once these permits do come in, I have to wait another 2+ weeks for the NICS check...

i just talked to lindenwold pd this morning. i'd politley mentioned to her that it was going on 5 months now. she came back, and politley told me it was only 4. apparently they started the clock after my fingerprinting, as i initially filed in dec2012, but couldn't get fingerprinted till jan9 2013. like a true moron, i didn't take that opportunity to remind her that law says 1 month.

gonna wait 1 more week, call them again, then if no action, i'm gonna call state pd.

Tomorrow is the 4 month mark- 120 days since I applied for 3 P2P's from NJSP Woodbine.

I'm really starting to get pissed off now. I've had a gun paid for since December(M&P Shield 9) that I cannot do anything with because my rights are being deprived by the State of NJ. This is complete and utter BS.

I'm sending more letters today and calling my state representatives. This is a RIGHT, not a privledge. I shouldn't have to wait for 4+ months to exercise my rights. Would these people working in "Trenton" like it if they said "I want to start going to Church tomorrow". Then I said "Nope, you can't go for 4+ months."

Why doesn't NJ2AS want to do anything to help us? This is a present 2A issue that is ongoing in the State of NJ.

Not to mention once these permits do come in, I have to wait another 2+ weeks for the NICS check...

I called woodbine barracks today and they told me they've been getting completed applications in now finally. Mine at 100 days is still not back but said they've been getting them back from Trenton. That is a lot different than a month ago when I was told they didn't have 1 from 2013 come back yet. My glock is at the store paid for too. Frustrating.

I called woodbine barracks today and they told me they've been getting completed applications in now finally. Mine at 100 days is still not back but said they've been getting them back from Trenton. That is a lot different than a month ago when I was told they didn't have 1 from 2013 come back yet. My glock is at the store paid for too. Frustrating.

They told me unless they call me, it isn't in. I just hope it isn't sitting on a desk in there while the date is running on the permits. With NICS checks running 14+ days and the OGAM limitation, I don't need them sitting there collecting dust for 10 days.

Oh and they only get their "mail" from Trenton once a week, on Thursdays. So if it isn't in tomorrow, I have to wait another week.

Long Branch was quick. I initiated the process in July. They took my fingerprints shortly after. They called me in September saying my FID card was ready, but I didn't pick it up until much later. After that it can't have been much more than 6 weeks to get the permits back. This was much earlier this year.

Applied at the NJSP Woodbine Barracks on Jan 12th for only a FID. Was fingerprinted on Jan 17th.

Called a couple times every couple weeks. Every response I got back was that everything was sitting in Trenton.

Finally called my State Senator Jeff Van Drew on April 1st. Basically told me that its not right everyone is treated like criminals who want to legally own firearms. Told me he would do what he could to push my application along.

Got the call on April 19th that my FID was ready to be picked up at the Woodbine Barracks.

Now off the purchase my first firearm.

Applied at the NJSP Woodbine Barracks on Jan 12th for only a FID. Was fingerprinted on Jan 17th.

Called a couple times every couple weeks. Every response I got back was that everything was sitting in Trenton.

Finally called my State Senator Jeff Van Drew on April 1st. Basically told me that its not right everyone is treated like criminals who want to legally own firearms. Told me he would do what he could to push my application along.

Got the call on April 19th that my FID was ready to be picked up at the Woodbine Barracks.

Now off the purchase my first firearm.

I'm going to call Van Drew's office first thing tomorrow morning. I've been waiting 4 months and 5 days for these P2P's. I applied almost a month before you and still have no permits.

Put the call in today, the guy who answered the phone said they would like to get it in writing. He said they have had several calls about the same exact situation.

So I e-mailed him explaining what is going on, how long I've been waiting, and asking for his assistance in speeding things up or obtaining the status about my permits.

Guess we'll see how that goes.

Put the call in today, the guy who answered the phone said they would like to get it in writing. He said they have had several calls about the same exact situation.

So I e-mailed him explaining what is going on, how long I've been waiting, and asking for his assistance in speeding things up or obtaining the status about my permits.

Let us know how it goes and if you get any movement. I am at 125 days and counting, so I feel your pain.

Let us know how it goes and if you get any movement. I am at 125 days and counting, so I feel your pain.

The guy on the phone said if I knew of anyone else in the same predicament to ask them to call/write their Senator. He said the more people that contact them, the more movement we'll get on this.

His phone number is: 609-465-0700

His e-mail is: [email protected]

The guy on the phone said if I knew of anyone else in the same predicament to ask them to call/write their Senator. He said the more people that contact them, the more movement we'll get on this.

His phone number is: 609-465-0700

His e-mail is: [email protected]

this number is state pd? and that's the guys email? if we're waiting for a fairly long time(going on 4.5 months here) we should email him? along with our senators?

this number is state pd? and that's the guys email? if we're waiting for a fairly long time(going on 4.5 months here) we should email him? along with our senators?

No, this is Senator Van Drew's office phone number and e-mail.

I actually attempted to call the NJSP firearms(I can't ascertain from anyone who actually handles the processing of P2P's at NJSP HQ in West Trenton) unit prior to calling Van Drew, and was hung up on when I told them I had been waiting over 4 months for my pistol permits. Glad to see our tax dollars are funding this type of crap.

NJSP Firearms unit number is: (609) 882-2000 ext. 2060

No, this is Senator Van Drew's office phone number and e-mail.

I actually attempted to call the NJSP firearms(I can't ascertain from anyone who actually handles the processing of P2P's at NJSP HQ in West Trenton) unit prior to calling Van Drew, and was hung up on when I told them I had been waiting over 4 months for my pistol permits. Glad to see our tax dollars are funding this type of crap.

NJSP Firearms unit number is: (609) 882-2000 ext. 2060

thank ya sir. i'm gonna shout out to the state pd tomorrow.....then if i get the same as you, i'll call/email mr van drew, and also rob andrews, as he's kind of local to me. i'm going on 4.5 months, and lindenwold pd has been nothnig short of disgustingly nice to me every time i've called....but it's still to the point of being ridiculous.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial FPID & 2 P2P

2. Police Department where you applied. Ocean City

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Detective Pancoast

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 79 - 81 Days / 11.5 weeks. I got the call they were done and picked up at the PD two days after they were dated.

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). None

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc). Took approx. 6 weeks for references to receive their letters in the mail. Permits were issued a week after I left a message asking if my reference letters made it back through the mail to the station. Other than that the process was painless and Det. Pancoast was helpful.

Jeff Van Drew personally called me today. He said He's going to try to get NJSP to issue me the pistol permits ASAP, but unfortunately it's what has been going on, it's really aggrating, they are supposed to get these done ASAP, and oviously they don't, and they don't care and it's really annoying. He said it is inexcusable. They are actually breaking their own law(he acknowledged the law that says they have the 30 day timeframe to issue them). We'll push them, and bust their butt about it, I mean I can't make them do it, but we're definitely yelling at them. He said that he personally went through the process a little while back to buy a new pistol and it too took even him a while. He said he's had the problem with a lot of people, and it's an ongoing issue. Wished me a good weekend.

Day 75 and still counting on change of address and 1 P2P. Wife initial FPID and 2 P2Ps. When she dropped off the money to add the 2nd P2P, was told that all info was back from the investigation unit. But was told that it takes another 6 weeks until Fuentes feels like signing his goddamn name.

Spoke with and emailed Senator Mike Doherty last week-seeing what they can do.

I've had it with these jerkoffs. Zero respect from me.

Day 75 and still counting on change of address and 1 P2P. Wife initial FPID and 2 P2Ps. When she dropped off the money to add the 2nd P2P, was told that all info was back from the investigation unit. But was told that it takes another 6 weeks until Fuentes feels like signing his goddamn name.

Do you really think he actually signs his name? :lol: :lol:

My FID has a stamped Fuentes signature.

131 days for me. When I called back in February the NJSP told me it was sent to the firearms unit for Fuentes to sign but it is now taking 8+ weeks to complete. I am drafting a letter to Fuentes and will copy my state reps as well.