Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

Called the NJSP today and asked if they could take a look at my paperwork and tell me what is taking so long.  After a short wait the trooper came back on the line and told me, again, that my paperwork was all sent to the firearms bureau on 2/27 and in the past this was done within 1 month but due to the volume increase it was taking up to 2 months and that hopefully I would have my FID by the end of the month.

I let him know  that 2 months came and went on April 27, all he said was that he was sorry and they have never seen as many applicants as they have now and that he hoped it would be done by the end of the month.  That will put me at 6 months!

My friend lives in Bergenfield. All the standard paperwork. Got his FPID and a couple of P2P's three weeks after his fingerprinting appointment. Clearly it can be done within a reasonable time frame if a PD puts a priority on it.

ETA I received his reference letter 4 days after he turned in his initial paperwork.

There is no reason for them to put priority on it because there is no reason for FID cards and pistol permits. If you are disqualified from firearm ownership then you would be denied when your LGS submits the NICS. Open and shut case. I lived in florida for 4 yrs and thats how it is there. No FIDs or P2Ps. Just NICS, no waisted tax money.

The Township Council appointed Cpt. Paprota as "Officer in Charge" of the Lacey Township Police Department, which according to the Mayor, Deputy Mayor, and Township Attorney gives him the legal standing to sign permits. I spoke to Cpt. Paprota, who will begin signing permits tomorrow.          

When I was in Lacey. I would get 12 @ a time in 2 weeks! Now in Berkeley and told 3 months.

When I was in Lacey. I would get 12 @ a time in 2 weeks! Now in Berkeley and told 3 months.

Not any longer, my last 3 permits, which I got 5/3, took 9 weeks + 1 day.

And it's now Chief of Police Paprota.

Somers Point Police Department took approx. 3 months for a FPID to purchase rifles/shotguns, every time I called I was told the person was out of office and had a hard time getting a call back.

I sent Evan Nappen an email about this and wanted to enlist his services, the next day (7:00 AM) the Somers Point Police Department called and the Detective in charge of the FPID's said "I do return telephone calls" and had the "go f***k yourself" attitude.

Oh, and Somers Point has a seperate application I had to fill out asking me to list everyone who lives in my home, age/birth dates of the persons living here, etc. it was aroubd 3 pages and REALLY pissed me off since that is in direct violation of State Law.

My wife just told me that she had forgotten to tell me that I got the call to pick up my 2 PtP late last week. Standard paperwork was submitted to the duty officer in Mountainside PD on 4/16. No need to make an appointment or any extra forms. References got their letters 4/22 and were returned by 4/30. Assuming the call came on Friday, that's 24 calendar days. It's only 10 days from when the second reference letter was returned.

Getting this done on time is definitely possible. I feel sorry for you folks who are suffering with the willful refusal to comply with the law in other towns.

Got a call from a Lieutenant in Trenton regarding my e-mail to the Governor, and he said the long waits will continue. He said volume is way up after the Newtown shootings, and they are way understaffed for the amount of volume. I respectfully told him that we need to get more workers so that these long waits will not continue to be an issue for so many. He said he agreed, said we need more Troopers and more Clerks. That was pretty much all that was said other than me telling him I already got my permits.

Since you have his ear, can you remind him of what will happen if everyone has to reapply for their FID and P2Ps every 4 years?

Got a call from a Lieutenant in Trenton regarding my e-mail to the Governor, and he said the long waits will continue. He said volume is way up after the Newtown shootings, and they are way understaffed for the amount of volume. I respectfully told him that we need to get more workers so that these long waits will not continue to be an issue for so many. He said he agreed, said we need more Troopers and more Clerks. That was pretty much all that was said other than me telling him I already got my permits.

possibly remind the lt that if that excuse works for them not obeying the law, that they need to remember that when any of us happen to be speeding, that it's ok, and it's going to continue to happen, as the volume's way up, causing us to have to drive faster when we can.

I finally got my permits after 2 months. I emailed the Chief of Kearny he replied to me the next day saying the Det. in charge was out but he would forward my email to a Det. he put in charge. I got a email the next week from the Chief that said he signed my permits that weekend and I should be getting a call. My friend put in his paperwork with me as a reference. So I gave him the lowdown on what Kearny expected. (2 copies of App and Mental health, 2 References to be notarized plus Employer form). Got a call last Thursday from PD to check his reference plus Det. told me to come pickup my permits. I asked Det. about all the forms and he said the Chief eliminated them after someone  informed Chief they were unnecessary under state law. I was going to talk to the Chief after I got my permits but somebody beat me to it. 

So now in Kearny you can get you permit/ID card the old way. They don't even send out the references they call them. No more notarized references, no employer form. 

Thanks To Chief John Dowie of the Kearny Police Dept for correcting the situation.

Note: If you live in Kearny and have any problems getting your permits email the Chief and he will respond.

i was told by bonnie(who's being VERY nice to me) last week, that i'd see them thursday of that week if the stars all aligned properly. if they didn't(which they didn't), then it would be the week of the 20th. you can bet your asses i'll be on the phone first thing monday morning.

Dropped off a copy of the receipt for my finger prints at Elizabeth pd yesterday since they got "lost". The clerk told me he would call me if he needed anything else. I told him I heard that before and that I'd be calling next week to make sure everything is okay. Since starting this process I've come to the conclusion that this is the most time consuming, blood pressure raising, patience trying thing I've done in my life. I'll just hurry up and wait right here.

Dropped off a copy of the receipt for my finger prints at Elizabeth pd yesterday since they got "lost". The clerk told me he would call me if he needed anything else. I told him I heard that before and that I'd be calling next week to make sure everything is okay. Since starting this process I've come to the conclusion that this is the most time consuming, blood pressure raising, patience trying thing I've done in my life. I'll just hurry up and wait right here.

I know of a few people who had the local PD misplace apps, finger prints/MORPHOTRAK slips, etc. and it seems like a bunch of BS, HOW THE **** CAN A POLICE STATION MISPLACE THE FIREARMS APP PAPAERWORK!?!?!?

NJ gun laws suck big time, I have 2 SAR-1's (AK's) and with the current backlog both FFL's are saying 3-4 week wait...Hell I purchased a Winchester 22 model 69 back on the 24th of April....It's May 14th and I'm still waiting for my approval...

I know of a few people who had the local PD misplace apps, finger prints/MORPHOTRAK slips, etc. and it seems like a bunch of BS, HOW THE **** CAN A POLICE STATION MISPLACE THE FIREARMS APP PAPAERWORK!?!?!?

NJ gun laws suck big time, I have 2 SAR-1's (AK's) and with the current backlog both FFL's are saying 3-4 week wait...Hell I purchased a Winchester 22 model 69 back on the 24th of April....It's May 14th and I'm still waiting for my approval...

It's gets me how stupid all this is. The best part is that once this is all said and done I'm going to have to deal with linden pd for a change of address. I've only heard good things about them.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Existing FID change of address

2. Police Department where you applied. Hamilton NJSP

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD.

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 5 and 1/2 months

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). None
6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc). The 5-1/2 month lead time.  NJSP continuously informed me that it was due to volume.

I was speaking to a buddy who is a cop in the Firearms Bureau for Teaneck PD.  He informed me that their wait is up to about 3 months right now.  As an example, he told me they had 6 P2P requests in January '12 and about 58 in January '13 - that's nearly a 1000% increase in volume.

posted this on fb a little while ago.....

just hung up with the very very nice clerk over at lindenwold pd. STILL nothing. this clerk is very nice, and gets the same from me......but this is farking ridiculous. my initial app was dec. 17 2012, fingerprints jan. 9, 2013. today is may 20, 2013. over SIX months....or FIVE months, if you discount some time between initial app, and fingerprint dates, and no paperwork.
the worst part, is that after waiting 5-6 months, and going through...what? 2 or 3 background checks that happens during this time?.........i get to go through MORE background checks and wait ANOTHER half of a month just to be allowed to purchase an inanimate object.

pisses me off.

she is amazing. her name is bonnie, and i know for fact she's dealing with a few of us that're bugging her each day. i know she's powerless to do the paperwork herself.

the problem is that for me to have a chance of getting my stuff this week, my paperwork HAS to come out of the detectives office today, so she can type it up tomorrow, as she's the only one in lindenwold pd that types them up for the chiefs signature. and she goes on vacation as of wed.

i nicely told her that if i don't hear(during tomorrows conversation) that i can come down in the afternoon and pick my stuff up, that i will then be needing to speak with the chief, if not the right answers from him, then the mayor, and if not the right answers from him, that i would then be calling every senator whos number i could find.

i'm seriously hoping i see this stuff VERY soon, as i really don't want to have to do that.

Flemington, Hunterdon county

Haven't applied for anything since all the bs started, but I applied for 2 pp's last fall and had them back in three days. I've had my fid for 10+ years so that's no use here, but my town has always been great. The old chief was great about fast tracking firearms paperwork and the det in charge was great too. There's a new chief and firearms det so well see what happens with the new guys. Haven't heard of too many problems.

Buddy of mine in phillipsburg waited 6 months for an fid address change and he was only moving a block away. The broad on the phone kept telling him it was a state police issue.

FINALLY! FINALLY! FINALLY!

Clifton, NJ

FID and P2P

Applied: 12/12/2012

Received: 5/22/2013

Now I'm waiting for my order to come in before I can go through NICS and wait another month.  

FARKING FINALLY!!!!

called bonnie yesterday. she said the detective was finishing my stuff, and she'd have it typed up for me for today, even though she was going to be on vacation.

i called around 1030am, they told me it was done and signed,/ that i could pick it up today or tomorrow before 330pm. i pulled the bay doors down, forwarded my shop phones to my cell phone, and headed down there.

so....initial file 12-17-2012. fingerprint 1-9-2013. fpid, and 3 pistol permits 5-22-2013.