Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

I am waiting over 2 weeks just to submit my application! The officer in charge is SLOW about returning calls. The instructions say to call to submit your app. - I am trying to be compliant but feel that I am being stonewalled.

Welcome to the "unconstitutional" ID process. You try and be compliant and they shit on your rights....hope you get your app in soon..GL man

Call every two weeks after you suit that seems to be the consensus.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

I dropped off app for 3 p2p on 7/3 got the call yesterday 3/16 permits dated 3/15 (in pennsville) usually only 10-15 days but there's been some internal changes sudden death of chief and appointment of a new one as well as the lt/chief now that handles the firearm stuff had started vacation the day I dropped off so great service as usual..... Not to mention they have dropped ALL the "extra" forms simply the 3 required

Applied on 1/29 for initial FID and one p2p, got a call on 8/14 that they're ready. Both were signed by the Chief of Police on 8/1, so it took two extra weeks to get them in my hands. This was in Harrison, NJ.

Got the call tonight...2 weeks 5 days for P2P extension from NJSP. 

I went out and picked up this extended permit tonight.  I wasn't really in a rush to get it as I don't have the money to go out and buy the pistol now anyways.  What has me pissed off is that it is dated 7/29/2013.  I didn't even get the call to come pick it up until 8/15!  17 days off my 90 days just from NJSP delays. 

Saving my pennies. 

Applied on 1/29 for initial FID and one p2p, got a call on 8/14 that they're ready. Both were signed by the Chief of Police on 8/1, so it took two extra weeks to get them in my hands. This was in Harrison, NJ.

Sounds like my experience.  Applied 1/29 at NJSP Red Lion barracks for 3 P2P's.  Got the call on August 13 that they were ready for pick up.  They were dated July 30.

Really basic, submitted application on July 17. My two refrences recieved their letters in less than a week. I got finger printed on the july 29. On August 28, I recieved a call from Hillsborough PD. My initial FID and pistol purchase permit was ready. So, 42 days. No additional paperwork was requested. However, one of my references didn't check off all the boxes on the references questionair. That promted a call to my reference from township detective. All in all, I was very surprised how effiecient my township was. My wife also applied for a FID. She got a letter sent to her job too. That was a shock. Her references recieved their letters in two weeks. She got finger printed last week. Still waiting. She's been waiting 3 weeks. She is a little bumbed out that I recieved mine first. But, I also applied two weeks before she applied.

I got 3 pp's with my FID, is it the same BS process for additional pp's?

Not as long as your at the same residence and dont need a change of address, and even then its basically the same. No fingerprints (usually) and just the $18 for the backround check and $2 for each PP.

Just got this off the manalapan PD website

THE NEXT TWO FIREARMS APPLICATION DATES WILL BE TUESDAY AUGUST 27 AND SEPTEMBER 11, 2013 BETWEEN 10AM AND 2PM.  THE FIREARMS PERMIT SECTION WILL BE CLOSED AUGUST 29-SEPTEMBER 9, 2013.

This is unacceptable, I just sent the mayor an email.

I got my original FPID & one P2P when I lived in Branchburg in 38 days (2009) - the PD there in town is a pretty cool bunch to deal with.

I Moved to Washington Borough in June of this year - the PD secretary took care of a change of address in about 21 days, and was VERY prompt getting the questionnaires out. 

I was quite pleased both times.

I got my original FPID & one P2P when I lived in Branchburg in 38 days (2009) - the PD there in town is a pretty cool bunch to deal with.

I Moved to Washington Borough in June of this year - the PD secretary took care of a change of address in about 21 days, and was VERY prompt getting the questionnaires out. 

I was quite pleased both times.

lol Dude that "amazing" that it took 38 and 21 days respectively.  Hell, I had to wait almost 7 months for mine in Clifton.  I just think it's kind of sad, compared with 45 other states, that getting your 2A rights within a month is "great".  Not trying to smack talk you, I'm just frustrated with NJ.  :banghead:

My friend who doesn't have a computer submitted his application for 3 P2P's to NJSP Woodbine on 5/15/13.  It's been 109 days and he's still waiting. 

Yesterday, my friend called the barracks..they said no permits yet, so he called the firearms unit.  The lady got mad he was calling up there directly(said only Troopers should be calling) but she said she didn't even get his application until August 3rd!!  She said likely a few more weeks at least.   

He called the Attorney Generals office to file a complaint today, they said call NJSP internal affairs first, and if they give him any trouble to call back to the AG's office.  He called internal affairs(office of professional standards) and he said "I'd like to file a complaint".  Guy says "ok, about a Trooper?"  My friend says "No, the firearms unit/SBI/firearms process".  The guy said "let me guess, you've been waiting a long time for your permits?"   DING DING DING!!

So the conversation goes on, and the guy in internal affairs says "I know the law states 30 days". 

So apparently they are well aware of the laws, and choose to ignore it/not comply with it.  What's that saying I've heard cops saying before?  Oh yeah... "Ignorance of the law is not an excuse". 

He asked how long has he been waiting.  My friend replies today is day 122(4 months).  The guy says "oh, wow, that long..."

The investigator said he is going to make some calls and get back to him today. 

Stopped by NJSP Woodbine today as I am now at the 5-month mark and nothing.

I applied in April and I saw in the NJSP log book a few people applied in July and already received their permits.

They don't even honor the sequence they receive the applications. Go figure

Trooper told me he has no idea what goes on in Trenton when they get a hold of the applications.

How did your buddy make out with Internal Affairs??

How did your buddy make out with Internal Affairs??

Hasn't heard back from Internal Affairs yet after the initial call. 

He said he was going to give them a week and then call the Attorney General back and complain that Internal Affairs didn't help. 

He too was puzzled that people who applied well after him have already got their permits.

If I were you, I'd call the firearms unit- 609-882-2000 extension 2562 and inquire about your application.  Ask when THEY received the paperwork.  The lady might get a little mad, but too bad, this is our rights they are playing with. 

My friend applied May 15th, and the firearms unit didn't even get the paperwork until August 3rd.  They called for his references on May 16th...so what happened between 5/16 and 8/3?  Not to mention the paperwork has been sitting at the firearms unit for over a month already with no movement. 

I spoke with another local PD, who said they can turn the permits out in a week..no problem.  Us who are stuck with the state police are waiting 4-5 months for our pistol permits.

Something HAS to be done for those of us who have to use NJSP.  I'm seriously thinking about "moving" into my brothers house so I can be a resident of his town so I don't have to deal with NJSP for pistol permits anymore! 

Hasn't heard back from Internal Affairs yet after the initial call. 

He said he was going to give them a week and then call the Attorney General back and complain that Internal Affairs didn't help. 

He too was puzzled that people who applied well after him have already got their permits.

If I were you, I'd call the firearms unit- 609-882-2000 extension 2562 and inquire about your application.  Ask when THEY received the paperwork.  The lady might get a little mad, but too bad, this is our rights they are playing with. 

My friend applied May 15th, and the firearms unit didn't even get the paperwork until August 3rd.  They called for his references on May 16th...so what happened between 5/16 and 8/3?  Not to mention the paperwork has been sitting at the firearms unit for over a month already with no movement. 

I spoke with another local PD, who said they can turn the permits out in a week..no problem.  Us who are stuck with the state police are waiting 4-5 months for our pistol permits.

Something HAS to be done for those of us who have to use NJSP.  I'm seriously thinking about "moving" into my brothers house so I can be a resident of his town so I don't have to deal with NJSP for pistol permits anymore!  

same exact situation for me as you can see in my sig, to the date actualy. My app went to Firearms unit on 8/13......I feel your friends pain

so basically i need to call internal affairs? what the hell is wrong with this state...id really like to avoid pissing off the barracks but if thats what it takes ill do it.

That's what he did, and after not hearing back from Internal Affairs(or receiving a confirmation letter of his complaint like the investigator told him we would receive in a few days) in a week, he called the Attorney Generals office yesterday and filed a complaint.  He got a phone call this morning that his permits were ready to be picked up.

My brother has been waiting just a tad over 9 months now. Called and called and was told every time that it is on the chief's desk waiting to be signed (FID and P2Ps). Called last week and got someone new who gave him the real scoop of news....His permits are not on the chief's desk cause she put him on hold and went to check for him. She also stated she "doesn't know where they are along the line as far as processing". He called over to NJSP to place a complaint and they told him to have a meeting with the Chief and if that doesn't work to call back and they will make a call for him. Chief's secretary still hasn't returned his call to make an appointment to see the Chief. SMH what a bunch of hoops you have to jump through.

That's what he did, and after not hearing back from Internal Affairs(or receiving a confirmation letter of his complaint like the investigator told him we would receive in a few days) in a week, he called the Attorney Generals office yesterday and filed a complaint.  He got a phone call this morning that his permits were ready to be picked up.

I'll give it a go if i dont hear by month 5.

My brother has been waiting just a tad over 9 months now. Called and called and was told every time that it is on the chief's desk waiting to be signed (FID and P2Ps). Called last week and got someone new who gave him the real scoop of news....His permits are not on the chief's desk cause she put him on hold and went to check for him. She also stated she "doesn't know where they are along the line as far as processing". He called over to NJSP to place a complaint and they told him to have a meeting with the Chief and if that doesn't work to call back and they will make a call for him. Chief's secretary still hasn't returned his call to make an appointment to see the Chief. SMH what a bunch of hoops you have to jump through.

many have had success contacting the mayor. thats the best route if your not stuck in NJSP limbo

I got the call today for my wife this time. I go tthe call early this morning. The caller asked for my wife, I said this is her husband. The person wouldn't say what it was about, but I recognized the phone number, so I asked if this was Hillsborough township. Caller said yes and told me that her FID and pistol permits were ready. I said that my wife will be happy. So, from the time my wife handed in the paperwork to the time we got the call, it was exactly 7 weeks (49 days). My wife couldn't get her finger printing appointment until almost 3 weeks after she handed in her application. So I think that was why she had to wait an additional week longer than I waited for my FID. While I was on the phone I also asked about my 3 pistol permits. I was told that they still have a pile that they are working on and when mine is ready I will get the call. I'm not too worried with Hillsborough, they seem to be one of the better towns in regards to firearms permits. I recieved my FID and one pistol permit in exactly 6 weeks (42 days) I applied on July 17, I got the call on August 28.