Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

Had a question and I guess this is the best place to ask it. The Gloucester Township PD doesn't require any additional paperwork but it looks like they do an in person interview.

My question is in regards to the employment section of the application. I am no longer employed by the company that I named in the app. but was still employed at the time I submitted it. Do I need to tell the PD that I no longer work for the company?

I've been waiting nearly 90 days for a change of address in Randolph in Morris county as well as a p2p.  I guess I don't get to take advantage of the holiday sales, I'm pissed.  They also had me get finger printed again even though my FID was only 2 years old.  I thought I was being the sqeeky wheel but I now see I need to be much louder...

I'm sorry to hear that. I lived in Randolph in the 80s. Once we had been printed and background checked for Randolph PD, we would get P2Ps from Chief Booser in a week. A week! He didn't even bother checking you all over again. And why not? If you had done something bad, do you really think he wouldn't know.

Good luck with your loudness.

I had to rattle the cage on mine and email the police chief in Chester. Once I did that ....poof. ... Magic P2P's. Just unprofessional when people put their personal opinions in the way of the law. And to treat people like this who pay for the food on their table. It sickens me when I pay the highest federal tax level and my property taxes are one of the highest in town.

Hello everyone, new forum member here.  I was just wonderin if there was anyone on here that recently put paperwork into Hamilton Twp local PD (near Trenton).  I put my paperwork (P2Ps only) in right at the end of October, and was told 3 months.  I didn't bother calling until December 2nd.  At that point in time, I was told everything was back from the state and I was on the "list" for processing, and that they would try to get it done by Christmas.   I called back 2 weeks later on December 16th, and the excuses started coming out.  My references have not been called yet either.  Well, if there's anybody on here with recent experience at the local Hamilton PD, I'd be interested in hearing about it...Thanks...

Here's a good update, I dropped off a letter stating my rights and where they were out of bounds.  Along with making it clear that a copy was going to the Chief, Mayor, and City Council.  Surprisingly I got a call the next day (have never had a call returned in the whole 3 month process).  Was given some excuses mostly blaming the PD where I had moved from that they hadn't sent my file??? No surprise my change of address and p2p was ready that day.  The funny thing is I had run out of stamps and hadn't gotten the other letters out!  

So here's  a question, now that I got my FID & P2P who thinks I should send the letters or let it rest... For now!

Dropped off P2P application to Sparta PD 12/30, I was told it's taking 4 months now.

Ed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ed,

I dropped mine off in early November and was told the same thing but was also told not inquire until the 4 months had passed as they wouldn't have any updates.  When I dropped of my application for FID last January it took 2 months so I'm not sure why it is going to take longer now when I believe some of the demand has slowed.

Update - Permit notification letter came today.  About 2.5 months since I dropped off the application.

Anyone from Franklin twp?

What's the current turnaround time?

I submitted my app about 3 weeks ago (for PP's only) and my refs haven't received the questionnaires yet. I remember the last time I applied a little over a yr ago took about 30 days but my refs received the forms after about a week.

The wait continues!

Franklin twp in which county? In somerset my refs got their forms within a week and permits in about 30 days Maybe Jennifer is on vacation

Same county as you. Didn't realize there were more than one Franklin Twp's in NJ..

When was the last time you applied?

There's also a new person (Judith) handling these now. Wonder if that's why..

Also, do you know if they're still sending the forms to employers? They lost mine in the mail the last time... Complete with all my info (name, ssn, address, etc.). Not very comforting to know my info is floating around out there..

Finally got my wife to file for initial ID/pp's and of course threw in my pp's too. My son did his initial app a few days ago so will be intersting to see how we all time out. All standard pprwork (has been) in Midland Pk Brgn cnty, was curious about that as we have a new cleo  last yr. Need to remember to ask what his protocol on hg extensions are.

Township of Middletown (Monmouth County) anyone?

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who currently has a FID or Handgun Purchase Permit application pending with the township or very recently had theirs completed. I submitted my P2P application quite some time ago and it is still in progress. Please feel free to private msg me.

Thank you

Hello everyone, just an update here for Hamilton Twp (Mercer).  I applied for 3 P2Ps at the end of October, and received them at the end of last week.  In total, it was 80 days from start to finish.  There wasn't any extra paperwork besides the reference forms that were in the "packet" that I picked up.  They did let me hand them in with my completed paperwork in person.  They also allow them to be mailed in, but I advise against that since a friend did that and the reference forms were never received.  

On a separate note, I joined the NJ2AS to help the effort of putting an end to this mess.  I heard some talk at my LGS that the process can actually get done a lot sooner.  Sounds like the delays are intentional...

Hello everyone, just an update here for Hamilton Twp (Mercer).  I applied for 3 P2Ps at the end of October, and received them at the end of last week.  In total, it was 80 days from start to finish.  There wasn't any extra paperwork besides the reference forms that were in the "packet" that I picked up.  They did let me hand them in with my completed paperwork in person.  They also allow them to be mailed in, but I advise against that since a friend did that and the reference forms were never received.  

On a separate note, I joined the NJ2AS to help the effort of putting an end to this mess.  I heard some talk at my LGS that the process can actually get done a lot sooner.  Sounds like the delays are intentional...

Please consider recording your experience in the database I've set up to help consolidate the info!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/13tx2xHTS3Fa8LsERCD7Tmixgd23pC0FMIkuqUSs5-zQ/viewform

Got the call today. Just under the 5 month mark (would have been 30-40 days but for Passaic Co. mental health check.)

Update:

Got the email to pick up my permision slips yesterday.

Seems Passaic County has cut their processing time in half- I put in for these on 10/30/13, they were dated 01/16/14*. Good. Here's hoping for under 30 days on the next set.

*This is a whole separate issue: in my town, the permits are always dated about 1 week prior to me being notified that they're ready and I usually. I'm thinking that the CLEO signs permits once a week or something. It's usually not a problem, but this round it's going to make it tight for me to use all 3 within 90 days, so I'll may get to find out how they are about extensions.

P.S. A funny annecdote:

The woman who handles permits wasn't at her desk when I came in (FWIW, she's great). So one of the other ladies asks what I need.

Me: I got an email from D that my permits are ready.

Her: Oh. She's not available right now.

Me: That's ok. I'm off the rest of the day, so no rush.

Her: Ummm... I think I can probably figure it out.

Me: Oh that would would be great. It's actually pretty striaghtforward. You just verify my ID, I confirm all the info is correct on each permit and then you watch me sign them in front of you.

Her: How many are there?

Me: Just three.

Her: THREE!?!?

Me: Yup.

The rest of the transaction went smoothly, though as I was signing I said to her "Don't worry. They're all for old-school, police style revolvers." Which seemed to make her feel a little better. LOL

We live in Hillsborough NJ. My wife applied for 3 P2P back on October 10 of last year. She got the call December 18. She has an existing FID. Her initial FID took 7 weeks. However, this wait was a lot longer than what we are use to. I applied for 3 more P2P and my wait was only 34 days. I applied December 20 and got the call January 23. So I guess there really isn't any consistency. But I'm grateful that Hillsborough is better than most towns when it comes to processing permits.

Finally got my wife to file for initial ID/pp's and of course threw in my pp's too. My son did his initial app a few days ago so will be intersting to see how we all time out. All standard pprwork (has been) in Midland Pk Brgn cnty, was curious about that as we have a new cleo  last yr. Need to remember to ask what his protocol on hg extensions are.

Interesting- my wife was called today that her FPID/permits are in  Funny thing is my son filed a week before her and nada. I filed for permits only a day later. Thats only 14 days, Jeez, 5 yrs ago took me 7 weeks. Guess it pays to be pretty :)

Well I'm starting to really get frustrated with Edison now because the last permit took 6 months and I've already been waiting about 5 for this one. I'm putting in another application tomorrow for a future purchase I've already decided to make. Too bad I probably won't see that permit till sometime in July.

Because of the amount of time the process makes this last application will likely be the last PP I apply for until I move somewhere more free.

Same county as you. Didn't realize there were more than one Franklin Twp's in NJ..

When was the last time you applied?

There's also a new person (Judith) handling these now. Wonder if that's why..

Also, do you know if they're still sending the forms to employers? They lost mine in the mail the last time... Complete with all my info (name, ssn, address, etc.). Not very comforting to know my info is floating around out there..

Same problem here. My wife applied in October and recd her fingerprint forms and reference letters within a few days and permits came in 5 weeks. I submitted my application and 2 p2p on Jan 10 and still haven't seen a fingerprint form nor have my references recd paperwork. I called Judith to verify that my app had been recd and was in order, she put me on hold came back and said she had it but they were processing a lot of apps and were behind. She checked my form and said since I hadn't been previously fingerprinted she would send the form right out.....that was 9 days ago, nothing yet

My brother in-law put in for his permits 2.5 weeks ago in Morris Township, NJ and just got the call. Initial and two P2PP. That has to be a record. When he dropped the app off they said a month. I received the reference form 2 days later. 

+1 for Morris Township PD