Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

My initial turn if for FID and 2 P2P was in Lumberton, nj some time ago.  I had a 28 day wait period from start to beginning.  I have never had anything but great experiences with my township.  The clerk is just wonderful and has always been super helpful.  Dealing my township has been a pleasure and I am about to turn in 3 more P2P on monday.  I am interested to see what the wait time will be this go around.  

Manalapan still has weird hours and they are inconsistent on the dates, each week they post new dates and the hours are always 10:00am to 2:00pm, when everyone is working.  This is what the Manalapan PD website has today:

THE NEXT FIREARMS APPLICATION DROP OFF AND PERMIT AND ID PICK-UP DATES ARE AS FOLLOWS:               

WEDNESDAY JULY 23RD FROM 10AM TO 2PM

THURSDAY JULY 31ST BETWEEN 10AM AND 2PM

TUESDAY AUGUST 5TH BETWEEN 10AM AND 2PM

Still waiting for my handgun permits from Edison PD. 68 days so far and not a single update.

Call or stop in and ask what's holding them up.

I've had long delays in Edison too, but it's always been the mental health check from my former county.

Dropped my prints off at the Gloucester Township police station in early January. Got a call in late May asking about my employer, didn't have one since I got fired about 2 weeks after I put in the original paper work. Officer said it would go to the Chiefs desk for signature. Went to the station last Thursday (7/24), was told everything would be ready Monday(7/28). Picked up the FPID and three P2P Monday afternoon.

I went to Wayne township to do a change of address on my FPID and they said the new chief is treating this like a new application and wants me to get fingerprinted again. Does this sound right?

Yes some towns require re fingerprinting. Its a pain in the A$$ but they are within their rights to ask for it again. I had to do so in Wayne myself when I moved back and my Mom was the mayor at the time. Just how it is in some towns. Cool thing when I moved back to Hopatcong where I initially got my FID they kept my original fingerprint card and I didn't have to do them for a third time.

Lacey PD: Permit to Purchase Handgun (Already have FID)

6/16/2014 Submitted complete application with IdentoGO confirmation.

9/19/2014 Received call from detective re: employer clarification.

9/24/2014 Received call that permits were ready.

Total: 100 days (so much for 30 days)

Fort Lee, Bergen county 

I started the paperwork for 2 handgun permits in early May, paid the $20 online on 05/05/14

then my first reference never received her paperwork, so i had to use a second one who sent it back immediately (from rockland county NY) it took them 3 weeks to receive it  by this time its mid august

so now it is almost October and I'm being told the same thing i was told 4 weeks ago. "its the next one on the detective's desk"

needless to say I'm a bit annoyed that they're dragging their feet 

UPDATE: received my permits on 14 nov

total wait time ~6 months 

Fort Lee, Bergen county

I started the paperwork for 2 handgun permits in early May, paid the $20 online on 05/05/14

then my first reference never received her paperwork, so i had to use a second one who sent it back immediately (from rockland county NY) it took them 3 weeks to receive it by this time its mid august

so now it is almost October and I'm being told the same thing i was told 4 weeks ago. "its the next one on the detective's desk"

needless to say I'm a bit annoyed that they're dragging their feet

I hear fort lee has someone new in charge of that now

Cinnaminson NJ

Applied for a FID address change and handgun PTP 8/22/14

Received 10/16/14

55 days.

No new fingerprints required.

I did visit 2x and the local PD was not able to give me a clear update.

Emailed the Mayor on Tuesday, paperwork was completed today.

Not sure if TWNSHP or State was the holdup...

Somers Point

Inititial FID and P2P

Fingerprinted on 10/17

Got a call to pick them up on 11/14

Thanks to Kate and Detective Lt. Sweeney at SPPD

What was the submission date for the paperwork itself (if different from the fingerprint date)?

It was 10/10. Had to wait a week to get an appointment for fingerprinting and take another day off of work.

So, roughly 35 days total..... Not bad really.  As you go for more P2Ps, hopefully they will use the electronic SB121A and then fingerprinting/background check won't be as much of a delay factor.

A friend of mine from Garfield is trying to apply for a firearms ID but the "detective" is never there nor does he return his calls. What can he do?

Did he already turn in the application? Or is there no one else that works in the department there to hand him the paperwork? The applications are available online from www.njsp.org, he could print them out himself and drop then off at the PD. Gotta be someone at the window during normal business hours to accept the paperwork?