Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

and here is a great extra form from Cherry Hill PD... the best part is "If you reside in the same household as the applicant, you have the right to object to a firearms being on the premises." wow the arrogance of these democrats. 

ok I do not know how to attach an image, but this form is a blast.

and here is a great extra form from Cherry Hill PD... the best part is "If you reside in the same household as the applicant, you have the right to object to a firearms being on the premises." wow the arrogance of these democrats. 

ok I do not know how to attach an image, but this form is a blast.

Go to imageshack.com and upload a photo of the form, copy paste it here :)

It's been over 4 years since this project started. I know from some of the posts that results have been provided to NJ2AS, although how recently I don't know. I can't find anything on their website. Can anyone provide

a link where the results of this survey have been posted. Apologies if it's already somewhere in this thread. I didn't review all 30+ pages of posts

Hoboken contacted my employer with a standard form that requests to verify my address and SSN. The form very clearly states that I am seeking a P2P or FPID, then asks if there is any reason I should not be able to purchase a firearm.

Naturally, my boss does not know my SSN. I saw that it was mailed 2 weeks after I submitted the forms, so at least that's not so bad.

Just got 3 permits from Hoboken PD after 85 days. Here are the details.

2/3 - applied for 2 permits

2/23 - employer received firearms letter

2/27 - confirmed all reference/employer letters received by HPD

3/4 - since they were taking so long, I upped from 2 to 3 permits. Was told "Juat waiting on lieutenant to review"

3/24 - called to check, permits not ready

4/9 - called to check, noting it was now beyond 60 days. Permits not ready, was told "should be a week or two"

4/28 - receive the call that permits are ready

4/29 - picked up permits, dated 4/17 (so they held them a week!)

The officer who gave me the permits was quite nice, so I subtly mentioned to her "you know, I applied for these all the way back in February." She frankly told me that (1) it's a part-time duty that gets placed on the backburner, (2) a new supervising lieutenant and new chief also added to general delays. I offered to volunteer as "an overgrown Eagle Scout who reads law all day" and that I'd be happy to help out the department in the future in some capacity. She said she'll mention it to the lieutenant

Submitted my paperwork for initial FID and 1 handgun permit to Howell PD 5/6/15

fingerprinted 5/7/15

Going in to ask some questions today, I'll update whenever I receive more information though I'm not expecting an update for a while.

Edit: Small update, I went to the station and I didn't realize I was supposed to hand in my fingerprint paper that I filled out so thankfully I went! The woman I talked you was extremely nice so I killed her with kindness, she answered all of my questions thoroughly and said it would take about 4-6 weeks, will update then.

Submitted to Old Bridge PD on 3/10.

Issued 4/24/15 and mailed back to see "the same day."

Was not called in to sign, I was told to sign them when I get them.

Also did not receive until 5/4/15. The post office took 10 days to deliver the permits 4 miles down the road.

Well I went back to the Howell PD today to get photocopies of the paperwork I turned in and I talked to this really nice woman that said, and her exact words "The state system is down so it might take a while, something with Verizon or something."  So if this is true to anyone that's waiting EXPECT A DELAY!!

I finally got my ID and 5 p2p's last week from the Hardyston PD

Submitted on 3/6 - Initial FID and 2 p2p

3/13 - Did fingerprints and added 2 p2p

3/27 - PD received all references, employer letter and all checks back.  Application was with Lt. Rob Vicarelli (sp?)

4/29 - Got message from Lt. V regarding an issue on my file

5/6 - Spoke to Lt. V. and discussed the issue.  He said everything was good.

5/8 - Picked up FID and 5 p2p dated 5/7/15

So it turned out to be about 62 days.  Could have probably knocked 2 weeks off the date if I got my prints done the day after I submitted the application and if the Lt. didn't have to speak to me.

Well, happy now.  Got a Ruger air rifle for my son over the weekend and looking to start using the p2p's.

Current FID Holder.

Applied to Middletown on 2/25.  Did online criminal search the night before and included the internet receipt with the required docs.  Both references were returned within 10 days.

Called today to be told a lot of BS, and when pressed, the lady who answered the phone isn't the one who processed the permits, but she told me that my documents were not all received until 4/29.  I'll call again tomorrow to talk to the lady who processes the paperwork to find out what took so long.

They have been pretty good in the past but this time it's really out of control.

Handed paperwork in for P2P 7 wks ago at Vineland Police Dept.Stopped in 3 days ago to inquire how it's going and lady said "why did you come in you have 6..8 more weeks?

VPD sucks!

You should submit a new set of paperwork now--maybe those new permits will be ready by the time you use the first set.

I submitted to Manchester on 12/31/14, p2p issued 4/21/15--111 days wait! Ridiculous

Vineland NJ really sucks that we as law abiding taxpayers are controlled by our local police chiefs prejudice against civilians owning legal weapons.

I'am a decorated combat Marine from the Vietnam war and I have to be at the mercy of some damn police chief purposely dragging his feet to allow me to purchase a pistol!I don't expect any special treatment or any different then the next guy but this is bullshit.

I just picked up paperwork today for NJSP Troop C in Hamilton. I live in cream ridge so that's where i have to go. They told me it's a 3-4 month wait for change of address. When i lived in flemington it took less than 2 weeks for initial fid and permits. Man i really hate this state...

Vineland NJ really sucks that we as law abiding taxpayers are controlled by our local police chiefs prejudice against civilians owning legal weapons.

I'am a decorated combat Marine from the Vietnam war and I have to be at the mercy of some damn police chief purposely dragging his feet to allow me to purchase a pistol!I don't expect any special treatment or any different then the next guy but this is bullshit.

I have heard nothing but bad about VPD and P2P's and FPID's. They told you another 6 or 8 weeks? I would call everyday and bug the s**t out of them until those permits are approved.

Hope it works out for you.

First time around for FPID and P2Ps took just under 3 months (during the onslaught of 2012-13). This time, I applied for P2Ps on 5/1 and got the call from Michelle out of the Hamilton Twp. PD on 5/29. Michelle does all the paperwork and is very efficient and professional.

I have the same issue with Vineland PD. Wait time in the past was more or less 40 days and now its been two months and still counting.

Buena Boro (landisville) Atlantic County

I submitted my request for change of address and 3 PP on April 14th and checked in with local PD yesterday June 1st. According to them (Ofc- Vierra) they are waiting on SP to reply. My references told me they received and returned the questionnaire back in mid May. I never waited longer than 4 weeks for Vineland PD to contact me with my my FID or PP. Should I be contacting the Hammonton SP barracks or am I supposed to wait it out. I have 2 of the 3 PP filled (21' Colt 1903 & original 42' Colt 1911) and waiting at local LGS for me to pickup. Anticipation is driving me crazy.

Buena Boro (landisville) Atlantic County

I submitted my request for change of address and 3 PP on April 14th and checked in with local PD yesterday June 1st. According to them (Ofc- Vierra) they are waiting on SP to reply. My references told me they received and returned the questionnaire back in mid May. I never waited longer than 4 weeks for Vineland PD to contact me with my my FID or PP. Should I be contacting the Hammonton SP barracks or am I supposed to wait it out. I have 2 of the 3 PP filled (21' Colt 1903 & original 42' Colt 1911) and waiting at local LGS for me to pickup. Anticipation is driving me crazy.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think everything is still handled by NJSP in Trenton not the local barracks. I would call NJSP FIU ("Firearms Unit") at (609) 882-2000 extension 2060.

Shouldn't take close to 2 months for NJSP to "reply"...I think vineland PD is dragging it out, they are great at that

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think everything is still handled by NJSP in Trenton not the local barracks. I would call NJSP FIU ("Firearms Unit") at (609) 882-2000 extension 2060.

Shouldn't take close to 2 months for NJSP to "reply"...I think vineland PD is dragging it out, they are great at that

The delay is in West Trenton. From my sources, there is a new Captain of the FIU unit and he is not to quick to sign off on paperwork.

Took me 12 weeks to get my paperwork back from them recently. And I already have my FID card. They called my references in the first month. Cashed my check the beginning of the third month.

Vineland PD- For those of you waiting. I moved from Vineland to Buena about a year ago. Never had an issue with VPD getting my permits. Wait was always between 2-6 wks from time I put in app. Last time was right before I moved. I dont know if that info will help or hurt but I thought I should share.

Buena Boro- where I am now has me waiting 6 weeks as of 6/1/15. I am going to contact NJSP and see if the delay is at their end because IMO thats a little long. Buena officer in charge of FID Ofc. Vierra seemed friendly enough and didnt lead me to believe that anyone would be purposely holding it up locally. 

Hey guys,  ive been lurking on this site for a while.  Some good stuff here. 

I recently moved to NJ from NYC, ( went through the whole process there to get a Rifle permit) but i have to say NJ is alot worse.

Hoboken PD,

Officer McDamara (sp) handles the paperwork it seems.

I applied for an initial FID and a few p2p around Feb 20. Also filled out Hoboken PD question form. Initially told 3 months.

March 3 was figerprinted

Early May my references were mailed and promptly returned.

I called about a month ago and got the run around, was told that FID's were not important to them and they have better things to do. 

Not given any info on timing, just that he has to his job and the Lu has to do his, whatever that means.

Heading into the 5th month of waiting.

NYC permits were costly, took some time, but were not as invasive as NJ, i think it took around 3 months and during that time Sandy Conn, happened so there was a big surge.