Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

The process in Bridgewater is as described on their website

http://www.bridgewaterpd.com/licensing.htm

I applied for 2 pistol permits in early Jan last year, and got them on Feb 13.....almost exactly a month.

My references recieved their letters in 3 days.

My FID was done in 1993 by Bridgewater and that took 6 months at the time.

They were pleasant, professional, and honest about the estimated waiting times....I didnt bug them with phone calls.

mike

NJSP Sussex (Augusta)

FID+PP

Mine took a little over two calendar months. Filed in late Sep, picked up after thanksgiving. Sandy likely slowed things down.

I did find it difficult to get the sergeant on the phone. You have to call him between 8AM and 1PM to make an appointment so they can have a trooper witness your signature for the mental health paperwork.

But overall they were pretty friendly. No problems with anything other than the long wait.

35 days and counting for a FID change of address. Called the NJSP just to check on the progress and was told that everyting is in order they are just waiting for the background check to come back.

Hopefully I am getting close

35 days and counting for a FID change of address. Called the NJSP just to check on the progress and was told that everyting is in order they are just waiting for the background check to come back.

Hopefully I am getting close

I have been waiting almost 3 months for my FID. Who did you contact at the NJSP?

i really appologize because i dont have the finished result but i will update once i receive my fid with the duration and quality of the process

but for now there is one thing im confused on, i was under the impression that when your references got their letters that the process was on the "up tick" per say... my references got their paper work, filled it out and then i hand delivered it to the station the next day that was three weeks ago should i be concerned? or does the reference letter have no bearing in where they are in their process?

i am in woodbury and so far at 4 weeks and 3 days...

i really appologize because i dont have the finished result but i will update once i receive my fid with the duration and quality of the process

but for now there is one thing im confused on, i was under the impression that when your references got their letters that the process was on the "up tick" per say... my references got their paper work, filled it out and then i hand delivered it to the station the next day that was three weeks ago should i be concerned? or does the reference letter have no bearing in where they are in their process?

i am in woodbury and so far at 4 weeks and 3 days...

I am In Bloomfield, applied on Oct. 26th for my FID. My references still have not got the letter. I called last week and the detective told me they would get it "soon"... I am very disappointed in this whole situation. Going on 3 months and no end in sight!

In my case, after the PD got the reference letters back they intentionally sat on everything for another two months and then called the references back to confirm they still felt the same way about me and would answer the questions the same way.

Ok so now I am a little perturbed, what are my options? I live in Hamilton (near Trenton) and submitted my paperwork for 3 P2P's on 1/8/13. It's been 3 weeks so I asked my two references if they've gotten their letters yet and they said no. So I call up my PD and the desk jockey tells me "we're 5 months back logged". Come on! My town used to be quick.

My friend at work who used me as a reference lives in east Brunswick and got his FID and P2P back in 5 wks!! I'm just waiting on p2p. Is that 30 day law I've read about on here somewhere relevant here?

What can I do or am I just SOL? In 5 months ill freaking be packing for my move to SC for crying out loud. Man am I frustrated.

Ok so now I am a little perturbed, what are my options? I live in Hamilton (near Trenton) and submitted my paperwork for 3 P2P's on 1/8/13. It's been 3 weeks so I asked my two references if they've gotten their letters yet and they said no. So I call up my PD and the desk jockey tells me "we're 5 months back logged". Come on! My town used to be quick.

My friend at work who used me as a reference lives in east Brunswick and got his FID and P2P back in 5 wks!! I'm just waiting on p2p. Is that 30 day law I've read about on here somewhere relevant here?

What can I do or am I just SOL? In 5 months ill freaking be packing for my move to SC for crying out loud. Man am I frustrated.

Therein lies the problem with having a prior restraint on a constitutional right. You can exercise your rights when we have time to get to you. Nice.

You're SOL. I'm almost 80 days in, and it'll be another month or two befre my references get the letter.

Be glad you're moving out of state. Enjoy your firearms when you're down in SC.

Dropped by the Clifton PD today to get an update. The detective was real helpful. He said they were only waiting on my file from my old town and that they will send another letter out next week if they don't get it. This is for an address change and PPs. What do they exactly need from my old town so I can give them a call?

42 days and counting for a change of address through the NJSP. I guess I will just keep calling once a week to check on the status and see if there is anything I need to do on my end.

Very frustrating!

Filed my paperwork in Randolph, NJ on Jan 14th, got my prints done at first day that worked on Jan 25th. Town sent out letters to my two references on Jan 25th and they arrived Jan 26th. My two references returned them on Jan 29th. So, I guess it is just wait and see now. Does anyone here have any experience with my town?

My wife got her first FPID and P2P in Jackson this past week. Took less than 3months.

Lucky....

My initial FID took 23 weeks (almost 6 months) in Jackson.

I dropped off PP paperwork a couple weeks ago...we'll see how that turns out. They got the reference letters out ASAP though, I dropped off forms on a Tuesday, and the references got their letters Monday the next week.

I called the Elizabeth PD again today about my application. If anyone else remembers I called them a few weeks back and they told me my finger prints weren't back yet. So I called and spoke to the same person as last time (he even remembered my name) when I asked if they received my finger prints yet, he told me they couldn't release any information regard MY application unless they needed me to physically come down to the station. What in the fugg is going on? I swear, I wanted to reach through the phone and wring his friggin neck.

I called the Elizabeth PD again today about my application. If anyone else remembers I called them a few weeks back and they told me my finger prints weren't back yet. So I called and spoke to the same person as last time (he even remembered my name) when I asked if they received my finger prints yet, he told me they couldn't release any information regard MY application unless they needed me to physically come down to the station. What in the fugg is going on? I swear, I wanted to reach through the phone and wring his friggin neck.

Go in person. I feel like they're screwing you over but just go in person if you can. My significant other's father has been waiting since lats summer for his FID and hasn't heard a word. Today I'm taking my SO to the PD so we can start her app. too. I don't have much faith in the Elizabeth PD in terms of FIDs, but what can you do.

There's a thread somewhere here about getting your FID app. "un-stuck". Basically, contact these people in this order, moving on to the next one when the previous doesn't help. Your chief of police, the NJ state police, your mayor, and finally your legislators. In the meantime, contact NJ2AS.

wow all you guys are gonna hate me!!! lol i just did the math and my FID card along with three pistol permits came in the mail.. 3 weeks and 3 days from the city of woodbury!

i thought i was at 4 weeks but i looked on the calender and i was wrong

3 weeks

3 days

You're SOL. I'm almost 80 days in, and it'll be another month or two befre my references get the letter.

Be glad you're moving out of state. Enjoy your firearms when you're down in SC.

80 days!! Wtf is wrong with Hamilton nowadays. Perhaps I should just focus my efforts on a long gun or two until I get to SC this summer! Oh and believe me, I am freaking ecstatic that I am getting out of here and into a free state!!!

you guys are going to hate me!

Any wait period is an infringement on our 2A rights.

There are legal eagles on this site and you should crunch the numbers and try to change the law here in NJ. The 30 day by law "check" which has taken over a year in some cases, has done nothing to prevent gun related crimes in NJ, BUT it has been a hindrance on law abiding citizens.

I'm currently at 6 weeks and a day for three permits to purchase a handgun from NJSP Woodbine.

...and waiting.

I said to my friends, I put in for my FL CCW on Jan 15, I'm willing to bet I get that back before I get the P2P from the State Police. Pathetic.

I've never had any issues with the police, not even a parking ticket, and never had any mental issues...it's not like there is anything too complicated with investigating me.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial FID and 3 PP

2. Police Department where you applied. Vineland, NJ PD.

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. N/A.

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 63 days.

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). None.

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). I was told to expect it to take 8-12 weeks.

Applied 11/30/12.

References got their letters 12/13/12. Both references droped off the next day.

Fingerprinted on 12/7/12.

Got a letter to pick up the FID + pp on 2/2/13

Wow my town, Randolph (Morris County) rocks! I applied for my FID and 4 pistol permits on 1/14/2013. I got my prints done on 1/25/2013. The town mailed out my reference forms on 1/25/2013. One friend turned it back on 1/29/2013 the other on 1/30/2013. This morning 2/11/2013 I got a call that my FID and permits are ready for pickup. So, that is less than two weeks from when the application was compete, and less than 30 days from initial contact. :)