Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

Went to LPD today (3/20) to add a second p2p to my application, which they allowed. When I was done they assured me it would be no longer than two weeks for me to pick up my FPID and P2P's. They were very nice and extremely apologetic for the delay. Other then the VERY long wait it has been a very positive experience. Very pleasant folks.

Glad your PD was apologetic, the NJSP have been telling us to basically "suck it up" things are busy and that is that.

I may be finally getting my P2P's from NJSP Woodbine this week. I see they finally cashed my check for $6 for the 3 P2P's.

95 days and counting.

I applied at Woodbine as well. My check was cashed last week as well for an initial FID. I am on day 75 now. I hoping the cashed check means its at the end of the process and not the beginning.

Applied for a couple handgun purchase permits back on 11/16/12 here in Linden. It's now 3/19/13 and I haven't heard anything back. I never had to wait more than ~6 weeks when I applied for the last few, anyone else in Linden having the same problem? We also have to fill out an extra form.

Hey Rick, I applied back in 11/15/12, just a day before you. I've been calling them on a monthly basis, and nothing was getting done. I met with the mayor to complain, albeit respectfully, and he called the Chief of Police and the detective doing the FID paperwork. My application all of a sudden was "unstuck" and my reference letters were sen out, being the last thing to be done.

That was February 27th, my references sent out their letters on March 4th, and I called yesterday as I've yet to hear anything. My neighbor's letter never made it to Linden PD -____-. So now I have to bother my neighbor again to have them resend another letter.

This township definitely does not hold gun owners on high priority. Go meet with the mayor (go to the secretary, ask to meet the mayor to "discuss the police department", and if they ask why, say it's just a complaint - don't mention the FID until you meet the mayor, or else they'll send you to the door - wait until your actually sitting down with him in his office). Good luck.

Edit: It's been 130-something days for both of us in Linden.

Went to LPD today (3/20) to add a second p2p to my application, which they allowed. When I was done they assured me it would be no longer than two weeks for me to pick up my FPID and P2P's. They were very nice and extremely apologetic for the delay. Other then the VERY long wait it has been a very positive experience. Very pleasant folks.

Just got the call. Picking up my FPID and P2P's. Happy birthday to me:-)

i just talked with a detective in lindenwold. we're in bad shape here. apparently, we're short detectives, patrol officers, and don't even have a narcotics unit. the detective whose job it is to do the firearms applications is wearing 4 or 5 hats. i honestly almost felt bad asking why the delay in getting my id. and i know he's not bullshitting me, because it's also what i heard from a prosecutor friend.

the plus side, is that he said he's going to talk to the other detective, and see if he can get my stuff pushed forward a bit. no promises, but a very pleasant conversation though.

i just talked with a detective in lindenwold. we're in bad shape here. apparently, we're short detectives, patrol officers, and don't even have a narcotics unit. the detective whose job it is to do the firearms applications is wearing 4 or 5 hats. i honestly almost felt bad asking why the delay in getting my id. and i know he's not bullshitting me, because it's also what i heard from a prosecutor friend.

the plus side, is that he said he's going to talk to the other detective, and see if he can get my stuff pushed forward a bit. no promises, but a very pleasant conversation though.

Similar type situation in Washington TWP SJ. Lost some officers, not able to hire new ones, etc. It is a mess. Coming up on waiting 100 days for my FID and P2P. Not confident I will see anything for several months at this point.

Similar type situation in Washington TWP SJ. Lost some officers, not able to hire new ones, etc. It is a mess. Coming up on waiting 100 days for my FID and P2P. Not confident I will see anything for several months at this point.

yea, what's been put forth to me, is that they're delibretley creating an emergency type...or a "needy" type of situation, in order to get the towns onboard with the new county police force. i personally don't like that idea, as i feel it will be incredibly detrimental to the towns using it.

Well in Gloucester County they are trying to close the county jail, and use other county jails for the inmates. The claim is 10 mil savings, but who knows how they get to that number. It is scary. You take away the police, and you end up with nothing but problems. I feel for the officers who are putting their lives out there everyday.

yea. lindenwold still has some nice areas, but i mean....when a prosecutor calls it "camden south", that says a lot, lololol.

anyway, i'm gonna call that same detective next week, and ask him what we as residents/citizens can do to help them keep their force better equipped, and get back up to full strength.

I just got off the phone with the NJSP and was told that due to the volume of applications it will probably be another 3 or 4 months before my FID change of address is complete. I originally applied back in early December and am well over 100 days and counting and now looking at another 60 to 120+.

I just got off the phone with the NJSP and was told that due to the volume of applications it will probably be another 3 or 4 months before my FID change of address is complete. I originally applied back in early December and am well over 100 days and counting and now looking at another 60 to 120+.

That is ridiculous and not good news. I'm at 80+ days for change of address and p2p's thru NJSP woodbine.

Woodbridge

Type: P2P permits

Applied: 02/14/2013

Granted: 04/01/2013

Woodbridge usually cranks out the permits within a month but the rate of applications has increased recently setting them back a couple of weeks.

1. Application type:

COA on FID and 2 permits

2. Police Department:

West New York, Hudson County

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD:

Three different people but all were nice and polite

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit:

Applied 01/24/2013 and picked up on 4/4/2013 (70 days)

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form)

None

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney)

They did knock on my door at 9:40pm one night to verify that I lived there. They did call work to verify my employment. All in all they were very nice to deal with and considering the hectic times they moved fairly quickly. I do know they are buried in applications. I went up yesterday to see how things were moving and they were nice enough to add a third permit. So COA +3

Pistol permits in Morris Township, 3weeks. References got letters 5 days after application. That means they got right on it.

Son's FID just took 24 days. Hes 18.

They are inundated. But they have retired detective working part time on backround checls to help.

Awesome guys!! Make you feel welcome and respected. Great department. So glad I live here.

I'm going in this week to apply for more permits in Linden. It's a real bummer since I prob wont get them till the end of the year.

Look at it in a positive note, you will have a lot of time to stack up your money and buy ammo in the meantime.

65 days to be exact in union

I sent in the standard forms to the Norwood PD for COA and one PP. I had everything in 3 weeks, this was back in Feburary. I delt with two different officers and they could not have been nicer or more helpful. They told me their biggest delay is getting the reference letters back in a timely fashion.

Did my FID and PP in Teaneck, NJ.

Submitted paperwork 1/17/13,

My references got the letters about a week later, one replied immedeately, the other took a week to do so

Fingerprints on 1/24/13 in Paramus

Called at 1 month was told "it takes longer then that"

Called at 6 weeks, was told "don't worry we will call you"

FID and PP were signed on 3/29, got a call on 4/2, picked them up next day. Everyone at the PD were very nice and friendly.

Update: Still waiting on NJSP Woodbine. Today is 111 days, and counting for 3 P2P's.

I called the barracks and all they could tell me was that the barracks approved my application and sent it to Trenton on December 28th.

Update: Still waiting on NJSP Woodbine. Today is 111 days, and counting for 3 P2P's.

I called the barracks and all they could tell me was that the barracks approved my application and sent it to Trenton on December 28th.

Yeah I'm at 90 days through same barracks. They told me all my stuff sent to Trenton feb 15th.

Does Trenton approve your app? Or the barracks does and Trenton just creates the FIDs and permits?

Yeah I'm at 90 days through same barracks. They told me all my stuff sent to Trenton feb 15th.

Does Trenton approve your app? Or the barracks does and Trenton just creates the FIDs and permits?

I am also over the 110 day mark with the NJSP. I called today and they told me that they sent it to the NJSP firearms division on 2/27 and it usually takes 30 days from there but with the backlog it is taking 60+ now so I shouldn't be looking for my FID before the end of April.

I've focking had it with this. I want my welfare check, that shit would be issued immediately. This is completely unacceptable. At least the guys who have local PDs have "someone" to complain to in their Chief or mayor. Us folks who are stuck with the asshat State Police are stuck. This is such bs. I'm up for the lawsuit against the state for the interest on my un transferable PAID FOR firearms. And I'm about to lose out on another because the guy doesn't want to wait on my P2P even if I pay him now.