Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

So they got 52 more in Jan. '13. If you figure 20 business days=2.6 more applications they had to do each day. Man , they were swamped! No time for 2 hr. coffee breaks.

Hahaha its funny cuz there lazy ... Wait my taxes pay for this :..(

I know of a few people who had the local PD misplace apps, finger prints/MORPHOTRAK slips, etc. and it seems like a bunch of BS, HOW THE **** CAN A POLICE STATION MISPLACE THE FIREARMS APP PAPAERWORK!?!?!?

NJ gun laws suck big time, I have 2 SAR-1's (AK's) and with the current backlog both FFL's are saying 3-4 week wait...Hell I purchased a Winchester 22 model 69 back on the 24th of April....It's May 14th and I'm still waiting for my approval...

I wonder if they misplace crucial evidence in criminal trials with the amw frequency.

30 DAYS on the nose for inital FID no pistol permits! its in! I pick it up tonight at 6! Jefferson Township(Morris County) I have nothing but good things to say about the JTPD. Quick,easy,friendly and I didn't feel like a criminal when I walked in there or at anytime through out the process. The Officer who called me to tell me it was in this afternoon sounded happy to tell me to come get it! I will also note that they never contacted my references.

Submitted FPID and 2 P2Ps aplications on 2/21 with Hamilton Twp. PD

Fingerprinted 3/4

Michelle from Ham. PD called today to pick everything up. Initially told it would take 5 months from what they were seeing, she was kind of surprised it didn't take longer.

Next step, first purchase!

Linden Township, Union County - November 15th, 2012 until June 3rd, 2013 - 199 days - 6 and a half months.

Thank the LORDY!

Wow - you beat me, I only had to wait 5-1/2 months!

If Trenton is suppose to be the common denominator of the problem, why is there so much variation between the towns?

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Linden Township, Union County - November 15th, 2012 until June 3rd, 2013 - 199 days - 6 and a half months.

Thank the LORDY!

Glad to hear linden finally gave it to you. Took me 218 days to get it from them last year. I just went in for more permits last week so the 7+ month wait begins again for me.

Edison:

2/5:  initial P2P application

2/15: fingerprinted.

5/13:  permits "issued."

6/5:  actually received notice that permits were issued.  :(

yes, it looks like it took them over three weeks just to let me know that the permits were available.  

Called the Elizabeth pd yesterday to check up on my stuff. Still no finger prints received. Sitting at 219 days or something stupid like that. I had to hang up quickly so as not to blast that mother fucker over the phone.

Called the Elizabeth pd yesterday to check up on my stuff. Still no finger prints received. Sitting at 219 days or something stupid like that. I had to hang up quickly so as not to blast that mother fucker over the phone.

been there... shit im still there.. im in newark just applied for P2Ps on monday and bracing for 6+ months of waiting... S.O.B's  :wild:

Existing FID card. Applied for new permits. NJ State Police and standard forms. Only issue when applying was the trooper said I don't have to sign the mental health form until the permits are in. After having him read what is printed plain as day on the form and explaining that it had to be done in front of him now he had to ask a higher up what the procedure was. The whole disaster only took 184 days.

Here is another question regarding State Police issued P2P's:

I have a pistol permit here which I'm using next week in a private sale. 

White copy goes to the NJSP Superintendent. 

Yellow copy goes to the "Issuing Authority". 

Do I return the yellow copy to the barracks, or do I mail it with the white copy to NJSP? 

I called last night to inquire at the barracks and the Trooper was pretty clueless. 

EDIT: 

I just called the NJSP Firearms unit and spoke with "Victoria". 

She said for me to keep the yellow copy and the pink copy as they don't need two copies. 

I think a copy is supposed to make its way back to your town but the SP may forward it to them. Might be worth checking on just to cover your but.

My town is covered by NJSP...there is no local PD. 

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Change of Address on FID and 2 P2Ps
2. Police Department where you applied. NJSP Bridgeton
3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. TPR Erickson - note: I called monthly and he always took the time to look up my application and let me know where it was in the process.  At the end, it had been issued by "Trenton" several days earlier but had not gotten to the local station so he made phone calls and was able to get it sent down the next day.

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 4 months and 1 week.  Feb 14th - June 21
5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). One extra page with references and employment info consolidated on one sheet to make it quicker for the troopers to do reference checks.
6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc). References contacted by phone a month after submitting, took an additional 3 months for "Trenton" to do whatever Trenton does.  The Troopers at local station were always helpful and understanding but 4 months is still way too long when so many local PDs can do it within the statutory 30 days.

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc). References contacted by phone a month after submitting, took an additional 3 months for "Trenton" to do whatever Trenton does.  The Troopers at local station were always helpful and understanding but 4 months is still way too long when so many local PDs can do it within the statutory 30 days.

Troopers at the local barracks do the reference check, so the first month was just them being lazy in the barracks.   The Woodbine barracks always gets my references done in 2-3 days. 

submitted 5/14 so I just called Hamilton sub-station today asking about my references and status. I was told the trooper is finishing his investigation and they call references so he will leave him a note to "get that moving"...i dont know what any of that means but as plode said, the troopers seem to do the references as they please. 

Troopers at the local barracks do the reference check, so the first month was just them being lazy in the barracks.   The Woodbine barracks always gets my references done in 2-3 days. 

I received a call to be a reference for a friend just before my friend received the call to be my reference.  This was a month after I submitted.   While I was answering the questions, I asked about the status of my permit. The Trooper either pulled me up in his computer or went to get a log book but he was able to give me the date that the permit was sent to "Trenton" and it was 2 weeks prior to the reference call being done and just a few days after I had submitted.   He also already had my mental history check back by that point - I don't know where that comes from.  I don't know if he was telling me the truth but every month I called and he pulled up the same info and it was always the same.   It seems like there are two parts to the approval if you you NJSP.  The local barracks do the background checks and the criminal and mental history checks are done somewhere else.   

The hold up seemed to be the criminal background check.  The references happened about a month after I submitted and the mental history was back within 30 days of my application date.  The criminal check in "Trenton" took another 3 months.

Not my first rodeo so really pissed at this point.
9 weeks for P2P and got to wait another week because chief is on vacation. (Woodland Park)...

Next town over (Totowa)... 2 weeks.

Town of Wallington... 2 weeks.

This has me really pissed. Because Trenton is turning them back in a few days so someone is sitting on their laurels here in town.

Going to have a talk with them next week because this is not acceptable. And it's not references holding them up either.

Submitted change of address and two P2P to Winslow Twp PD on 4/26.  Got the call that everything was ready on 6/28.  Not bad at all considering one of my references had to be resent a letter and I was told they had a lot of apps to go through.  I have only good things to say about the Winslow PD.  They are always friendly, helpful, and professional.  Figured I'd share.