Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

Stopped by pennsville township pd (salem co)with a friend that was applying for more pp's and they dropped the bs additional forms ....i only saw him filling out the main/first page,the yellow sheet,and the white one ....I asked if they don't require the employer sheet and reference forms ...and the officer said that a while back a lawyer had contacted the department regarding the additional forms...and they did the research and realized they weren't required and dropped them....I jokingly said glad to hear that at least some pds in jersey choose to follow the law and not make up their own ....which prompted him to inquire as to what I meant...when I told him of some of the horror stories/additional requirements in other towns with the fid/pp process he was genuinely shocked..and asked how are they getting away with it....he said their fid/pp process was what they had been doing....and each new person in charge of it just continued the previous process.....and when brought to their attention they were more than happy to eliminate the extra paperwork ....he submitted yesterday 7/5.....but was told the person handling it is on vacation of another week so I'll post updates as he receives them...

My wife has been waiting for 3 months now. Put her FID/P2P paperwork in on 4/4/13. References got their letters two months ago. Absolutely ridiculous. (Gloucester Township Camden County)

it'll be two months for me on the14th through hamilton NJSP. My references have not even been contacted yet and it cant be blamed on usps because they call there references. Dragging their feet all up and down NJ like egor (or is it igor)...promised myself i wouldn't start to get pissed until the three month mark seeing that some people are over 180 days already, this sux ass all around i guess

Calling on the 14th will update...

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial FID and 1 P2P
2. Police Department where you applied. Bricktown PD
3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Kasey (main contact) and multiple other people - note: I would call once a month and she or any of the other workers were always pleasant and willing to look up the status of my applications. 

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 3 months and 3 weeks.  March 1st - June 28 
5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Nothing extra.
6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc).
My two references received their letters a week after I handed in my paper work. 

My wife has been waiting for 3 months now. Put her FID/P2P paperwork in on 4/4/13. References got their letters two months ago. Absolutely ridiculous. (Gloucester Township Camden County)

I put my papers in for 2 P2Ps on 4/4/13 as well in Washington Twp.  No reason for the hold up, WT doesn't even contact the references.  Contacted them and they said "If I haven't called you they are not done, be patient and I will get to it"  And that was it.  I was told 3 months when I handed them in, which would have been 7/4

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). FID change of address

2. Police Department where you applied. Hamilton NJSP

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD.

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 22 weeks (154 days)

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). No extra forms

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc). Called every 2-3 weeks, was told that the delay was due to high volume.

Application for 5 additional P2P submitted on March 6th.

Received letter yesterday that they were ready to be picked up.

Delays included not mailing my reference letter because the reference worked for the police dept, so they put it in his internal mail box, not realizing he had retired.  It sat there for 3 weeks until they sent me a letter and when called, asked if I wanted them to mail it to him.  duh.

Also, two weeks of delay due to 2 different people being on vacation.

FID card and 3 handgun purchase permits.

Submitted 2/23/13.

Received 7/22/13...

They asked me to review the card and the permits to ensure that the information was correct.  They then asked that I sign them in their presence.  Finally, I needed to fingerprint the purchaser ID card.

They then handed all 3 documents and the card to me.

Heres what I should have done next:

I arrange everything on the counter, patting it a few times to make sure that its neat and orderly.

At that point I start tearing the permits and the card until its in shreds, then I take the shredded pieces of paper and throw it in their faces as hard as I can and say, “I just established residency in PA!”  :rtfm:

Amirite!?!??!! 

Dropped of 1 P2P to NJSP Woodbine today to see if they'll extend it for me.  I only had between the 24th and the 29th to buy a handgun, but I don't really have the cash for one right now.

I got the permits on the 5th of May, they were dated the 29th of April, and the first pistol I bought I had to wait for NICS for 2 weeks, so that's why I only had 5 days to use the last permit. 

Trooper working the desk said he would submit it but wasn't sure if they would approve it or not. 

If they don't...more letters are getting mailed.  NJSP themselves essentially ate up 3 weeks of the time on the permit. 

So does anyone know exactly what is causing the delays now. The NICS check is being done instantly so why are new P2P taking so long? I am still waiting for 2 1/2 months for mine. I don't think it is my local PD as they are great. A few months ago they extended my permits in less than a week. Is it the NJSP or ?

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial FID + 2 P2Ps

2. Police Department where you applied. Edison PD

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. ???

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 169 days between application date and pickup

Applied 2/6/2013

Fingerprinted 2/14/2013

References got letters mid March

Received Completion Notice by Mail 7/20/2013

Picked Up 7/24/2013

(Issue date on card is 7/12/2013)

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Waiver releasing EPD of responsibility of any information uncovered during investigation
6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc).
Woman that processes FIDs only available Wednesdays through Fridays, 8:30-16:30 (might be slightly off with the hours). Very rude and unfriendly (everyone else in department pleasant though).

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). P2P

2. Police Department where you applied. Boonton Township PD

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD.  Patty in Records Dept.

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 15 weeks.  All paperwork supplied on April 23rd

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Consent for Mental Health Records (sp-66); Request for Criminal History Record Information for a Non-Criminal Justice Purpose (SBI-212a)

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc). Boonton Township goes back 10 years on the background check.  If you've lived in another county during that period, a separate background check is required per county.  Some counties have not converted to digital records, so this can cause a delay in issuing your permit.  

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID).1 P2P
2. Police Department where you applied. Nutley PD
3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Det. Gus Formato
4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit.  2 months 2 days June 4th - August 6th 

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Nothing extra.
6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc). Nutley has you print out reference letters and give them to the people you listed as references, which I liked. Det. Formato was a pleasant person to deal with.

Just picked up my FPID yesterday. Just under 11 monts.

Maybe they thought you would give up by then. I'm not a hunter but I have family who do and it's the only meat that they eat. Literally. They would starve down here in South Jersey if they had to wait 11 months to be able to purchase a firearm. Crazy but I'm glad you finally got them.

Maybe they thought you would give up by then. I'm not a hunter but I have family who do and it's the only meat that they eat. Literally. They would starve down here in South Jersey if they had to wait 11 months to be able to purchase a firearm. Crazy but I'm glad you finally got them.

I hear ya. I called the clerk every two weeks, got a different excuse every time. Now I can only hope Linden doesn't screw me on my change of address.

I've had my FID since 2004. 

Put paperwork in on March 29,2013  to the Kingwood Barracks. I am still waiting for two pistol permits. 

Funny,,,,,,,,The March 29,2013 pistol permits ---- they're here. Went down to pick the permits up, and straight to my FFL 

to pick one 22 pistol. 

I can't help but think you guys had something to do with this....

Did you???