Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

My filing date was May 28th Manalapan.

5 weeks ago i was told it'll be ready in 2 weeks.

3 weeks ago i was told it'll be ready in 2 weeks.

1 weeks ago i was told i'll be ready in 2 weeks....

Guess what i'll be told next week.

Are you sure you're not watching the Money Pit?

Probably three weeks :)

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:18 PM

DeeVeeEight, on 13 Aug 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:snapback.png

I am waiting over 2 weeks just to submit my application! The officer in charge is SLOW about returning calls. The instructions say to call to submit your app. - I am trying to be compliant but feel that I am being stonewalled.

Welcome to the "unconstitutional" ID process. You try and be compliant and they shit on your rights....hope you get your app in soon..GL man

Call every two weeks after you suit that seems to be the consensus. 

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

UPDATE: October 7 2013

I was instructed by Lt. Gooley of the Haddon Twp PD to contact him after a month regarding my application. I waited an extra couple of weeks so as not to be a pain the the butt and here is what I was told....

I am busy taking care of Back to School related assignments

I was on vacation and just got back, my desk is backed up with work

Call me at the end of the week (Friday)

at which point I asked, "If I call you Friday, how much longer can I expect to wait for my determination?"

His response, About another month....

Now EXCUSE ME for getting fricking pissed off, but if I DO NOT COMPLY within a certain amount of time I am screwed and have to deal with the consequences. WHY do the LEO's get away with NON COMPLIANCE? Are there no consequences for them? Can't we bring charges against them for violating the law and our rights? What's the deal here? why is our society so lopsided? What's with this do as I say and not as I do government leadership crap?

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:18 PM

DeeVeeEight, on 13 Aug 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:snapback.png

Welcome to the "unconstitutional" ID process. You try and be compliant and they shit on your rights....hope you get your app in soon..GL man

Call every two weeks after you suit that seems to be the consensus. 

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

UPDATE: October 7 2013

I was instructed by Lt. Gooley of the Haddon Twp PD to contact him after a month regarding my application. I waited an extra couple of weeks so as not to be a pain the the butt and here is what I was told....

I am busy taking care of Back to School related assignments

I was on vacation and just got back, my desk is backed up with work

Call me at the end of the week (Friday)

at which point I asked, "If I call you Friday, how much longer can I expect to wait for my determination?"

His response, About another month....

Now EXCUSE ME for getting fricking pissed off, but if I DO NOT COMPLY within a certain amount of time I am screwed and have to deal with the consequences. WHY do the LEO's get away with NON COMPLIANCE? Are there no consequences for them? Can't we bring charges against them for violating the law and our rights? What's the deal here? why is our society so lopsided? What's with this do as I say and not as I do government leadership crap?

Six Months today for my wife. They don't care. They just sit on the permits. 30 days? I AM THE CHIEF OF POLICE, I CAN DO WHAT I WANT.  Be late on paying your ticket see what happens. This is Bullnuts.

Applied for 3 P2P with existing FID. Submitted my application on Wednesday September 4. Received a call from Hillsborough PD on Thursday October 10. So the wait was 5 weeks and 1 day. My initial FID with 1 pistol permit took exactly 6 weeks. My wife waited exactly 7 weeks. (She waited 2 and half weeks to get finger printed). All in all I am very pleased with how Hillsborough handles permits. From all the stories I have read regarding wait times, it's nice to see how efficient my township is with processing permits.

I am getting the royal runaround from my local PD and State Gov.

Today I contacted the Governors office who then forwarded me to the A.G.'s office who then forwarded me to the Division of Criminal Justice. The A.G.'s office told me to ask to speak to an investigator at the D of CJ, which I did and was told none were available but that someone will call me.

Yeah, right....

I was also instructed to contact the State Police Firearms unit and was politely told by them to go whistle or contact the County Prosecutor's Office and file a complaint there.

There sure ain't nothing like getting the good old runaround from your government!

I am now at the 4 month mark with the NJSP, so I called and was told it was with the firearms investigation unit and should expect it in another 30 to 60 days.  From there I sent a letter to the NJSP superintendent, AG, Governor and LT Governor.  I also called my local state representatives, and since they are all pro 2A I should get a call back.

Applied aug 6th at Red Lion state police barracks with Sgt Mahoney, was told 5+ month wait, got the call today to pick them up, 3 months and 2 day turnaround....

Change of address and 3 P2Ps

Great news for you!  I dealt with him as well...and it took 7 months.  There is hope, I hope!!

send an email to the mayor, [email protected]. I sent her an email, she replied within 30 min with a phone number to call her directly.

Coming up on 8 weeks in Cedar Grove NJ

I emailed the Sgt in charge of permits at the 1 months mark and he wrote:

"Still waiting on mental health records check and criminal history response"

I just went through this whole process in May 2013 to get my change of address FFID card and 1 P2P

This time I applied for 2 more P2P

I will email again after this week to get an update again.  In mean time is there a contact at NJSP that I can call and check on this with?  

Dropped off a permit for extension at Berkeley Heights 3 weeks ago.

Got a call last week that I needed to come in and sign it... apparently the underling that handed me the permits original (not the sarge who does the actual work :hattip: ) was supposed to have me sign them when I picked them up back in August.

Went and signed it yesterday.  We'll see how long until the chief does his part and it's back in my hands.