Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

that is bull, wtf is wrong with some of these sadistic POS's

Well... They're busy. You know...patrolling the Dunkin Donuts on Lexington Ave. Then the one on River Rd. Maybe even the two on Kinderkamack Rd. in River Edge and Emerson as well. :facepalm:

Bayonne, NJ

I've been working on getting this thing for 4 1/2 months now. Dealing with things such as;

"we sent the reference forms, I guess both must have gotten lost in the mail."

"if WE didn't call YOU, it's NOT ready yet!"

"It should be about a week or so." (that was 2 months ago)

"we need to do a neighbor check, because your references aren't in Bayonne." (heard this today for the first time, months after applying)

well, i spoke with them friday and after they yelled at me for calling, I'm told the FID is approved, typed up and sitting there but they need to do a "neighbor check" and the Chief needs to sign off on it. The Chief works on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I guess I'm close to the end at least.

Anyone else have experience with the 'neighbor check'? I'm really sort of unnerved by that. I've just moved to Bayonne and don't know people here in town. Not to mention, it just seems like a blatant violation of my rights. What if a neighbor, who i don't know, says they do not want a firearm around? Is that grounds for denying my application, legally or otherwise? I don't want to have to hire a lawyer and appeal.

it's so frustrating.smiley_thinking.gif

Wait, WTF, I'm still stuck on "The Chief works on Tuesdays and Wednesdays." How do I get a job like that?

yep, not kidding. I'd heard before of different municipalities in NJ doing door to door checks. Seems like they knock on the door of a neighbor and ask if there's been any issues or anything with the applicant. I'm not exactly sure what information the intend to disclose. I suppose the idea is to detect any potential domestic violence, though i thought that's what the BACkGROUND check was for.

i suppose i should have used this format in my first post...

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial I.D. and 1 P2P (new to NJ)

2. Police Department where you applied. Bayonne PD

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. there are only two or three detectives in there so I'd rather not disclose a name at this time

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. Still in Process. Original application on or about May 22. Reference forms and all applications submitted by June 30th or so (reason for delay noted below)

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Employment Verification form which has personal questions on it such as, "does this person have any personal problems?" (can't make this stuff up and I will gladly provide copies of the forms if it helps anyone)

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.).

- My HR Rep at work was unwilling to complete the form and agreed it was a violation of rights. They basically use the reference form as the Employment form also. When i called about this, they said "just put N/A for all those questions.

- The reference forms were never received and i was told they must have been lost in the mail.

- told more than once, 'should be about a week'

- Chief of police is only in on Tues and Wed each week

- Said they are doing a neighbor check, which i assume means they knock on my neighbors' doors and ask questions. was told later in that conversation that it was b/c my references were not in Bayonne which was never mentiuoned prior. I actually asked if they needed to be local references at the outset of this nightmare and was told, "no".

Looks like Bayonne P.D. is back to asking for the infamous two "neighbors references", in addition to the two required by law. Apparently, with a new C.O.P. in office, they also reduced the office hours in the licensing bureau to ELEVEN hours per week, and require you to make an appointment for hours outside of their scheduled ones.

Most troubling is that they have gone back to verifying employment by sending a form stating that the applicant is seeking to own firearms.

Oh, they have also added a "voluntary" firearms registration form I've never noticed before (link below).

Scott in Bayonningrad

http://www.bayonnenj.org/police/firearms.htm

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

87 Days and counting and I have called atleast 10 times over the past 3 days and no one ever answers the phone in the records dept and if i call another part of the PD and ask to speak to a certain person they just transfer me to that persons# and never answers and has no voicemail, and I happen to know a Sgt in town and he said the captian, who signs the FID Cards is not very cooperative type of guy and has seen Apps sit on his desk for periods of time and i believe him cause based on a few member here that have waited extended times for theres,and I KNOW that mine is one of them, and yes i have contacted NJ2AS but there is only so much they can do they are very busy organaztion. I am just pissed at this point

Town: Tenafly

Applied for: Initial FID and one P2P

Time: Applied Aug 15th received Oct 3rd - 51 days

Extra Forms: None

Experience: Excellent. Applying at Tenafly PD was quick and efficient, no extra forms. Had heard it would take longer, so just shy of two months is fine with me.

Hey guys,

I'm about to move to Wood-Ridge (just bought a house!!!) and I could have sworn someone posted how long it took them to get FID in Wood-Ridge but I just scoured each page of this topic and can't find it. Anyone have any experience with Wood-Ridge in Bergen County?

Thanks!

145 days and counting. City of Linden. Took them 3 months just to send out reference letters. Letters were sent back right away. Now for the past 3 weeks I've been waiting for them to send the letter to verify my employment and still have not gotten it. I keep calling and nothing gets sent. Must be great to live in a town that handles your paperwork in a timely fashion. Here in Linden they don't care at all.

Mansfield Twp, Warren County...

P2P, at 3 weeks I called to get status, at 3.5 weeks Sgt called be back and told me state police dragging their feet on getting paperwork back to him. I've been told by a few people the local Sgt is very Pro-2A, and P2P generally takes 3 weeks max, but apparently not if SP decide otherwise...

...still waiting

145 days and counting. City of Linden. Took them 3 months just to send out reference letters. Letters were sent back right away. Now for the past 3 weeks I've been waiting for them to send the letter to verify my employment and still have not gotten it. I keep calling and nothing gets sent. Must be great to live in a town that handles your paperwork in a timely fashion. Here in Linden they don't care at all.

found this in another thread seems he is from Linden and took just as long "Finally got my FID and permits in linden! took about 5months and 3 weeks but finally got them. The detectives handling the paperwork were nice about it i guess the process just took a while."

Submitted my application mid August to the Elizabeth PD and i was not given a time frame. I called this Monday and the person that answered told me that the waiting period was 3 to 6 months at minimum and up to a year. I'm going to wait until next week to call again and see what they say. Considering what a few people in here posted as their wait times i think im doing rather well.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). 4 Pistol permits

2. Police Department where you applied. Washington Township, Morris County

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Unknown, clerk in records department

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. Applied July 23, 2012, got the call noon-ish today, October 12th, picked up at 5:30PM

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Nothing additional

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). Initial FID application + 3 pistol permits was submitted in spring 2011 and took 5 weeks. Not sure what changed...

Almost 6 months and I'm still waiting. I've spoken with the Capt. responsible for the apps several times over the last few months. No results. So today I emailed the Chief and Mayor. What a crock of s**t. How can they believe that it's OK to screw us over like this.

"WE THE PEOPLE" My A**!

FINALLY:

Mansfield Twp, Warren County

P2P

5 weeks from date of turning in application, 4 weeks of which was waiting for SP to return report to local Sheriff dept.

It looks like the locals did their best to turn them around fast, can't **** at them about it.

It looks like the locals did their best to turn them around fast, can't **** at them about it.

Oh yeah- heard nothing but good things about the local Sgt handling the firearms apps.

Dumont-Bergen county

2 pistol permits applied for

2/21/12

NJSP returned their paperwork 3/16/12

No one available to take a phone call today...

here we go....again

Dave T

how long did it take you to get the licence?I'm in dumont and I just dropped the paperwork.

how long did it take you to get the licence?I'm in dumont and I just dropped the paperwork.

Are you friends with the local PD?

if so, you'll have no problem..

Don't know anybody at the station?

be prepared to wait..and wait

My latest set of P2P's is at 167 days

I got a call at the 5 month mark stating that they didn't have the papers from one of my references, so I asked them to send it again, which they did.

My FID change of address and first set of P2P's were extremely long as well.

Are you friends with the local PD?

if so, you'll have no problem..

Don't know anybody at the station?

be prepared to wait..and wait

My latest set of P2P's is at 167 days

I got a call at the 5 month mark stating that they didn't have the papers from one of my references, so I asked them to send it again, which they did.

My FID change of address and first set of P2P's were extremely long as well.

I handed all my paperwork to the detective in charge.He even gave me a mini interview,so I don't think it'll take long.

I think you should go upstairs and ask to see Susan Connelly and make your complaint.

I handed all my paperwork to the detective in charge.He even gave me a mini interview,so I don't think it'll take long.

I think you should go upstairs and ask to see Susan Connelly and make your complaint.

moving this convo to a PM

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). FID change of address

2. Police Department where you applied. Wood Ridge, Bergen County

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Sgt. Wolfsuhn

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. Applied 10/22/12 - Fingerprinting scheduled for 10/31/12 4pm (earliest available) - will update the rest when completed. *Update: Due to Hurricane Sandy my fingerprinting has been re-scheduled for 11/7/12.

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Just application and Mental Health, but I am required to get fingerprinted again which surprised me, as I had that done 2 years ago for East Rutherford (2 towns over) and the official instructions from the PD didn't actually mention fingerprinting for change of address :(

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc). Sgt. Wolfsuhn was very accommodating regarding leaving me forms to pick up and scheduling an appt to give the completed forms back to him.