usnmars

Anyone have any custom knives?

Here is mine that was made for me by a friend at work. His father is one of the few in the country with the title of Master Craftsman Knife maker. His dad actually has a 5 year waiting list for his knives. Anyway, my friend is apprenticing in the "guild" and at the stage he is at he is not allowed to make a profit, he can only sell them for the cost of materials. I gave him $40 and said make me something you have never made before, have fun with it. This is what he sent me. It came in when I was offshore, and he kept telling me how he really didn't like how it looked, he could have done a lot better. He said this looked horrible compared to his normal work and if I didn't like it I can have him make another one. So I get home and open the box expecting the worst. When I saw this thing my jaw dropped. He has made me some knives for other guys on the board so I am hoping they post pics of their beauties too. But to start this off here is my custom knife.

shane1.jpg

shane2.jpg

My EDC - always carried / seldom used. An Elishewitz Pharaoh making extensive use of titanium and carbon fiber. One of the last made-to-order knives he did (he now builds what he wants and sells them via his website or knife shows).

2cxfhvo.jpg

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Bob,

That is sure one very nice looking knife, really like the detail on the blade and handle.

Harry

Thanks. That's stainless Damascus (Damasteel) in a pattern called Odin's Eye.