MrP

Raritan Police asking for Rifles

My issue is not with whether you believe they deserve rifles or not, that is simply a disagreement of opinion.

No, it's not. This is the THIRD post in this thread that I will use to say they should have rifles. It's simply a reading comprehension problem you have.

My issue is that you stated you don't think it's worth saving one cops life. I made sure I read it several times, and each time you stated that the life of a cop is worth less than that of a citizen. Difference of opinion or not, that certainly doesn't seem like you respect them very much. On top of that, it's very inflammatory to say that ANYONES life is worth more/less than another. I do not believe that ANYONE has a more valuable life than anyone else, and to base it simply on their occupation is even worse.

I said ONE time that police should consider their lives worth less than a normal, unsworn citizen. Which part of "protect and serve" do you not understand? And that such gallantry would result in much more massive support (and obviously cooperation) from the people they PROTECT AND SERVE.

The militarization of police and having them kick in doors and shoot people by accident or by protocol is DEFINTELY worth far less than the life of one cop. How many violations of The Constitution and how many dead bodies of innocent people do YOU believe is worth the life of one cop? This is not the simple cost of doing business. We live in America. Or, at least, we used to. You're talking to a guy that worked as a target for a living when I had the ability to kill any potential threat around me. My life was less important because of my power. I must show honor and restraint at all times, and unnecessarily risk my life to protect people who PROBABLY are going to try to kill me, something most cops don't have to deal with.

It may be very inflammatory for me to say this, but my life is worth less than most Patrolmans' lives, let alone the lives of non-sworn ordinary citizens. With regard to my decisions and actions. Sorry to inflame you by reducing the value of my life below both the value of cops and the value of normal people.

Anyway, fine. You think I hate cops. There are people that DO hate cops. They are called "criminals." I don't hate cops. I think every American should be trying to get the police back to doing their jobs.

• Like 1

BTW, sorry about the "reading comprehension" insults. I appologize. I just get tired of defending myself when I say US domestic policy regarding the policing agencies is completely out of hand and then get predictably piled on and accused of being anti-cop.

It will be interesting to see how things go when the culture of fighting back against the police comes up here from Mexico. When US drug smugglers and dealers realize that our cops are grossly under armed for confrontations that is when all the citizens will be crying and wishing we had acted sooner to get things under control. I read a couple days ago that there was and average of 4 shootings per week in camden...I will give those police all the help they need.

I read a couple days ago that there was and average of 4 shootings per week in camden...

The majority of shootings like that are gang related. For the most part they end up shooting each other. Let the trash kill each other. Problem is they reproduce like rabbits in the ghettos.