Drew

Why dont you just veto the 2nd Amendment?

A Mexican reporter, who apparently doesn't understand how the laws work here in the US, asks Obama why he doesn't just veto the 2nd Amendment.

Sadly, I'm more shocked by his response than the question

:hopechange2sp6nv4-1:

http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/checker.aspx?v=hdqG2G2GqG

P.S. I apologize for not embeding the video, its not working.

hes BSing. look at his body language when he starts to answer. no eye contact, looks down and away, messes with the podium, touches his face. outright liar and doesnt believe in what hes saying. it changes when he gets into talking about mexico. but for the 2A part, hes outright lieing.

it would be nice if he had an assertive answer like "I will NEVER deny americans the right to bear arms" as opposed to "the president is bound by the constitution". It almost sounds like he would abolish 2A if he had a chance.

A Mexican reporter, who apparently doesn't understand how the laws work here in the US, asks Obama why he doesn't just veto the 2nd Amendment.

Sadly, I'm more shocked by his response than the question

:hopechange2sp6nv4-1:

http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/checker.aspx?v=hdqG2G2GqG

P.S. I apologize for not embeding the video, its not working.

Im not shocked that he took the position that he is BOUND by the 2A, he never said that he was PRO 2A is how I see it.

Harry

I give him credit where it is due.. while he may be slightly misguided in thinking that tons of weapons are going into Mexico.. I applaud the answer he gave in that he made no reference to wanting to increase restrictions on ownership, and that he is more concerned with enforcing laws that already exist..

I give him credit where it is due.. while he may be slightly misguided in thinking that tons of weapons are going into Mexico.. I applaud the answer he gave in that he made no reference to wanting to increase restrictions on ownership, and that he is more concerned with enforcing laws that already exist..

Do you know what he means by that? Defacto laws through increased regulation rather than legislation. Allowing the ATF to make their own rules.

Do you know what he means by that? Defacto laws through increased regulation rather than legislation. Allowing the ATF to make their own rules.

He's doing a lot better protecting the 2A than either of the Bush's or our governor. He may hate it inside, but he's not actively removing our rights like Christie....

Geee, wanna stop the flow of arms into Mexico???? Shut down the BATFE. Simple.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-guns-mexico-20110304,0,3428784,print.story

LA Times- The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, which ran the operation, said that 1,765 guns were sold to suspected smugglers during a 15-month period of the investigation. Of those, 797 were recovered on both sides of the border, including 195 in Mexico after they were used in crimes, collected during arrests or intercepted through other law enforcement operations.

• Like 1

here is teh best solution..

They don['t want guns going there...

We don't want illegals coming here..

WHY DON'T WE JUST ACTUALLY SECURE THE BORDER ONCE AND FOR ALL....

Ok we take the wall/fence that we have. We extend it ALLLL the way across. The labor for this will be from, now get this... Illegals! This will be like military service. You help for a certain time period, (2-4 years) you learn the language and we make you a citizen. Then after its all set up we use other illegals to guard the fence/wall. Same time frame of service applies. Then we let them become citizens. Lets make it a 2 year service. That gets you in. 1 more year...brig your wife, another year, bring a kid. Haahah

Ok we take the wall/fence that we have. We extend it ALLLL the way across. The labor for this will be from, now get this... Illegals! This will be like military service. You help for a certain time period, (2-4 years) you learn the language and we make you a citizen. Then after its all set up we use other illegals to guard the fence/wall. Same time frame of service applies. Then we let them become citizens. Lets make it a 2 year service. That gets you in. 1 more year...brig your wife, another year, bring a kid. Haahah

the thing that really burns me up is yeah it would be very difficult to make a hard border that is secure.. I totally understand that.. but if we can attempt to secure entire nations filled with insurgents I would think that would could at least make the attempt to secure our own border..

since they are already coming in droves.. I actually don't hate your idea.. lol

I'm shocked at what he said, even though for him it was like swallowing nasty tasting medicine. At least he respects and understands what 2A is all about, even though he doesn't like it.

Seems like his advisers schooled him on what to say, as the concept of 2A rights have been so foreign to him.

what did Chrstie do to remove gun rights? :confused:

Christie supported the NJAWB as an assembly candidiate, and as of late his AG has force the CMP to stop shipping M1s to folk's homes, and also the IO Inc. rifle ban. And the big PSYCH! on AO Carbines, and the oppo to the SAF/ANJRPC suit.

He's also flat out said he doesnt't support CCW or any loosening of gun laws, UNLESS a bill 'happens to land on his desk' from the Dem controlled legislature. FAT chance of that happening. Christie is not gonna run for president, he knows he will never win outside the NE. I can surely see him as USAG or DHS head in a RINO administration, like if Mitt Romney wins in 12 or 16.

Okay I'm not racist by any means, I'm just honest. If this guy can't speak English, and he doesn't understand American laws, then why the hell is he talking to the President of the United States, suggesting political options? That guy seriously needs to STFU.

I agree with vlad, we need to secure our borders. A lot of other nations have secure borders, why can't "the greatest nation on earth" secure its border? Oh wait...... And you can forget about securing the border and having illegals guard it, eff that crap. That is one of the worst biases I have ever heard of.

Okay I'm not racist by any means, I'm just honest. If this guy can't speak English, and he doesn't understand American laws, then why the hell is he talking to the President of the United States, suggesting political options? That guy seriously needs to STFU.

I agree with vlad, we need to secure our borders. A lot of other nations have secure borders, why can't "the greatest nation on earth" secure its border? Oh wait...... And you can forget about securing the border and having illegals guard it, eff that crap. That is one of the worst biases I have ever heard of.

Mexico doesn't want us to secure our borders. If we secured our borders illegals couldn't get here to work and send all of our currency back to Mexico. If we secured the borders all of the illegal drugs couldn't get to the drug users here in the US and the cash couldn't get back down to Mexico and beyond. Essentially the US is keeping Mexico from a total collapse. If we secured our borders Mexico would be destroyed.

P.S. I think all of this recent whining done be the Mexican President, is being done at Obama's request. Soon he will push for a new "Assualt weapons" ban and he will use Mexico as one of his reasons.

just my .02

I would have said..

"It's illegal for US persons to purchase firearms with the intent to sell them in Mexico, just like it is illegal for Mexican persons from bringing illegal drugs into the US" Nuff said...

It was a joint press conference with the President of Mexico and President Obama. Stands to reason there would be Mexican reporters in attendance.

It was a joint press conference with the President of Mexico and President Obama. Stands to reason there would be Mexican reporters in attendance.

My bad.

Mexico does not want that.

Mexico doesn't want us to secure our borders.

Honestly, I don't give a s*** what Mexico wants. This is America, and America should be more important to us than Mexico. Keeping the border unsecure hurts us more than it helps us, therefore we need to shut it. I understand the point of international politics, but I seriously don't think that Mexico has anything to offer us anytime soon.

I understand the point of international politics, but I seriously don't think that Mexico has anything to offer us anytime soon.

It's an interesting problem, but without semi-illegal migrant labor in California, there would be no fruit or vegetables available from California, which would be a serious security issue for the US. There is none of the labor required to produce farm output available in the US, so we actually depend on them for both legal and illegal immigrants. Clearly that's only a small part of the problem, but if you close our borders there will be no California produce!

• Like 1

It's an interesting problem, but without semi-illegal migrant labor in California, there would be no fruit or vegetables available from California, which would be a serious security issue for the US. There is none of the labor required to produce farm output available in the US, so we actually depend on them for both legal and illegal immigrants. Clearly that's only a small part of the problem, but if you close our borders there will be no California produce!

The whole "they do jobs that nobody else is willing to do" argument is overused and BS. The only reason why most Americans wouldn't take those jobs is because they are used to feeding off other people when they are too lazy to work themselves. Get our troops out of harms way by bringing them home to secure the border. Then drastically cut the amount of time people can collect unemployment, and they will fill the jobs that the illegals aren't working anymore. Easy solution, we have gotten out of the war, secured our borders, and drastically cut government spending on unemployment and funding a war. We shouldn't be so willing to accept how things are just because we are already in the situation. Our nation is in a f***ed up state right now, we shouldn't be accepting any shortcomings.

• Like 1