Drew

Why dont you just veto the 2nd Amendment?

My bad.

Honestly, I don't give a s*** what Mexico wants. This is America, and America should be more important to us than Mexico. Keeping the border unsecure hurts us more than it helps us, therefore we need to shut it. I understand the point of international politics, but I seriously don't think that Mexico has anything to offer us anytime soon.

That was my point. The question was about Obama, not about you.

The whole "they do jobs that nobody else is willing to do" argument is overused and BS. The only reason why most Americans wouldn't take those jobs is because they are used to feeding off other people when they are too lazy to work themselves. Get our troops out of harms way by bringing them home to secure the border. Then drastically cut the amount of time people can collect unemployment, and they will fill the jobs that the illegals aren't working anymore. Easy solution, we have gotten out of the war, secured our borders, and drastically cut government spending on unemployment and funding a war. We shouldn't be so willing to accept how things are just because we are already in the situation. Our nation is in a f***ed up state right now, we shouldn't be accepting any shortcomings.

Anyone who says this or believes this has never tried to run a business that requires unskilled laborers.

I have been using foreign laborers since 2001, I bring them in on temporary work visas, they are all legal, pay taxes and can get DL's. I use them because they have a work ethic that puts many Americans to shame. They work hard, are extremely reliable, honest and respectful. It's not about money to me since I pay them well, it's about having a work crew that shows up every morning, on time, ready to work and does the job needed without crying or cutting corners. I would rather not go through the TREMENDOUS hassle, expense and uncertainty of bringing in foreign labor every year, but it is truly out of necessity.

The problem in America, particularly in NJ, is that anyone that has a good work ethic and common sense/intelligence is going to be able to get jobs that do not require manual labor. That leaves the "bottom feeders" in the work pool - alcoholics, drug addicts, the lazy, people with mental/emotional issues, and the guys that jump from job to job. I had them all, if I could hire all Americans to work like they do, I would do it in a second.

• Like 2

Honestly, I don't give a s*** what Mexico wants. This is America, and America should be more important to us than Mexico. Keeping the border unsecure hurts us more than it helps us, therefore we need to shut it. I understand the point of international politics, but I seriously don't think that Mexico has anything to offer us anytime soon.

I'm taking a side either way, just stating the way I see things. I think totally securing our border is an impossible task, that can not be accomplished. You can throw billions of dollars and millions of troops at the boarder and they will still came over. Where there's a will there's a way.

P.S. I think there is some constitutional issue with using the military for boarder patrol, which is why we haven't done it other than intelligence, training etc. New laws would have to be passed first.

I don't know how so many people can read Obama's mind. I thought he was a little irritated about having to explain our Constitution to the Mexican reporter.

I thought the same thing, although we know where he stands on the 2A.

I have been using foreign laborers since 2001, I bring them in on temporary work visas, they are all legal, pay taxes and can get DL's.

Which is COMPLETELY different from what I am referring to, and I apologize that I did not clarify. I am referring to ILLEGALS, not foreign workers. If they are here legally, I have absolutely no problem with it, and neither should anybody else. It's the ones that come here and live here illegally, yet people say that they take the jobs Americans wouldn't. I don't care, the work ethic of an illegal immigrant should NOT be considered, send their a** back.

I'm taking a side either way, just stating the way I see things. I think totally securing our border is an impossible task, that can not be accomplished. You can throw billions of dollars and millions of troops at the boarder and they will still came over. Where there's a will there's a way.

Which I completely understand. I know that some will still get in, but isn't it worth it to DRASTICALLY reduce the numbers of those that get in? It is to me. To me, securing our border is FAR more important than the war we are currently fighting halfway across the world.

Which is COMPLETELY different from what I am referring to, and I apologize that I did not clarify. I am referring to ILLEGALS, not foreign workers. If they are here legally, I have absolutely no problem with it, and neither should anybody else. It's the ones that come here and live here illegally, yet people say that they take the jobs Americans wouldn't. I don't care, the work ethic of an illegal immigrant should NOT be considered, send their a** back.

I'm glad to hear what you are saying, but understand the reason we have as many illegals as we do is because the process to bring them over legally is very complex, expensive and has quotas that limit the the amount of visas for unskilled laborers. A major part of stopping illegal immigration is going to require a streamlined process for foreign workers to get visas to come here legally to work, without absurdly low visa quotas. Without that, we will always have a problem with illegals.

I'm glad to hear what you are saying, but understand the reason we have as many illegals as we do is because the process to bring them over legally is very complex, expensive and has quotas that limit the the amount of visas for unskilled laborers. A major part of stopping illegal immigration is going to require a streamlined process for foreign workers to get visas to come here legally to work, without absurdly low visa quotas. Without that, we will always have a problem with illegals.

And I believe that another reason why we have as many illegals is because of the treatment they receive. Illegals want to come here and have a baby? Sure! We will also pay for your bill with our taxpayers money, AND automatically grant your child citizenship!!! I'm sorry, but it's bull. I hate to be so cold about it, but it's not my fault that somebody was born in Mexico and wants to come to America but is too damn lazy to do it the proper way, so I shouldn't have to foot the bill for it with higher taxes, and risk crap like getting into an accident with one who doesn't have insurance.....and I'm LUCKY that I don't live in an area that has a high risk for kidnapping by illegals. It also leads to crap that we have been reading about, with people actually being OFFENDED that someone was waving the American flag, I can think of three incidents and give details off the top of my head. Bull. You live in America, you should live here legally, pay taxes like everyone else, and be PROUD to be a citizen of this country.

(Just so you know, when I say "you" I don't mean you....I just mean people in general.)

wow.. the nerve of that guy! First off, Mexico, secure your own damn boarders just like every one else... we're just as sick of the drugs and everything else illegal coming into this country from mexico. Secondly, take the time out of your busy day to understand our Constitution, as result you wont look so f-in stupid on national TV.

And I believe that another reason why we have as many illegals is because of the treatment they receive. Illegals want to come here and have a baby? Sure! We will also pay for your bill with our taxpayers money, AND automatically grant your child citizenship!!! I'm sorry, but it's bull. I hate to be so cold about it, but it's not my fault that somebody was born in Mexico and wants to come to America but is too damn lazy to do it the proper way, so I shouldn't have to foot the bill for it with higher taxes, and risk crap like getting into an accident with one who doesn't have insurance.....and I'm LUCKY that I don't live in an area that has a high risk for kidnapping by illegals. It also leads to crap that we have been reading about, with people actually being OFFENDED that someone was waving the American flag, I can think of three incidents and give details off the top of my head. Bull. You live in America, you should live here legally, pay taxes like everyone else, and be PROUD to be a citizen of this country.

(Just so you know, when I say "you" I don't mean you....I just mean people in general.)

Your absolutely right, Billions of dollars are wasted on illegals. Let me put it this way, if you are illegal and have one kid, that's roughly 100k that tax payers get to pick up in educational fees, and thats probably lower then actual. Figure in another couple kids, and the tax payers are sporting well more then they can support. AND thats jst education... Guess who sports the under-insured bill as well.

Your right too, it's sad that it's come to a point where we have to feel so negative about immigrants, they ruined it for themselves. I feel really bad for the immigrants that get heat from people when there actually doing it by the books and paying taxes.

I can agree with all of this. As far as automatic citizenship at birth, it's been debated if it is even possible to change to a requirement of one parent being a citizen.

It's an interesting problem, but without semi-illegal migrant labor in California, there would be no fruit or vegetables available from California, which would be a serious security issue for the US. There is none of the labor required to produce farm output available in the US, so we actually depend on them for both legal and illegal immigrants. Clearly that's only a small part of the problem, but if you close our borders there will be no California produce!

We give visas to migrant farm workers always have and always will.Also necessity is the mother of invention. Foreign labor is real cheap so there is no need or cost incentive to develop or buy for that matter machines to do there jobs. Create that incentive and watch American ingenuity solve that problem pronto.

I've always said that if each illegal cost big buisness money instead of the US taxpayer you would not see one illegal in the USA.