ronhonda

USPSA @ Old Bridge 3/27/11

Match Sunday 3/2711(weather permitting)

New Shooters show up by 9am.

pre-register on www.obcats.com (sign up and watch for range conditions updates)

Match should start by 10am.

Any questions post them, someone will hopefully answer them.

Below is a blurb from the website.

OK, March is here and this will be the first match of the Spring.

JMB's brainchild, the venerable 1911 was formally adopted for use by the US Military on March 29th 1911. We aren't going have any special prizes but we thought it be right and proper to have as many people shooting 1911s as possible. So break out your Single Stacks. Let's celebrate the 100th birthday of our favorite firearm with a Bang! As always, all divisions are recognized.

Click HERE for the application.

The application will go live on March 19th.

Naturally I will be there. Not sure about shooting a single stack though. I just dusted off my limited gun and started practicing with it. Not sure I want to hold off another whole month shooting it in a match. Then again it is the anniversary...

Naturally I will be there. Not sure about shooting a single stack though. I just dusted off my limited gun and started practicing with it. Not sure I want to hold off another whole month shooting it in a match. Then again it is the anniversary...

Just shoot the single stack. Also let's design a 1911 friendly stage?

Just shoot the single stack. Also let's design a 1911 friendly stage?

Technically any legal stage is single stack friendly since stages may not require more than 8 shots from a single position. But I understand what you mean. I will put something up that will not require more than 3 reloads. :icon_e_wink:

Technically any legal stage is single stack friendly since stages may not require more than 8 shots from a single position. But I understand what you mean. I will put something up that will not require more than 3 reloads. :icon_e_wink:

Nice!

I joined the USPSA and the like so I would be a member when I finally have a chance to shoot for the first time in one.

Have to check with the Wife, I know we have a wedding to go to one of these weekends I just can't remember which one. I'll be there at 0900 if I can make it.

Harry

Single Stack, Lim 10 minor. Got a used race holster. :sarcastichand:

Cameron, you should pre-register, as they use the pda to score. Otherwise, walk on when you get there early.

Why wouldn't you shoot single stack proper since they are trying to ramp up the 1911 participation.

My own participation is in question. I will be putting up a stage but I may not get to shoot at all or may only shoot a stage or two.

Why wouldn't you shoot single stack proper since they are trying to ramp up the 1911 participation.

My own participation is in question. I will be putting up a stage but I may not get to shoot at all or may only shoot a stage or two.

Cant use my new holster in it... although, may if I find a Blackhawk.

Guys,

I wasn't paying attention. Is this a 1911 match only or are we allowed to shoot other types of handguns? I don't have a 1911 and was planning on going.

Thanks.

Ryan

yes any gun, we are kind of doing a tribute to 100 years of service for the 1911;;

I wanna come watch. Hopefully ill be shooting by april

What's preventing you from shooting now? If you are lacking in gear, that's one thing. Otherwise, jump right in :D

You probably won't place first, but it's fun as hell. First time out, just concentrating on going safe and slow.

What's preventing you from shooting now? If you are lacking in gear, that's one thing. Otherwise, jump right in :D

You probably won't place first, but it's fun as hell. First time out, just concentrating on going safe and slow.

Im out of Cash brother. Blew right threw that tax money lol