ronhonda

USPSA @ Old Bridge 3/27/11

I had a great time today, and bonus that the weather ended up being great too.

Today I was placed with squad one. I didnt know many people going into this match, but turned out that I ended up with a great squad. This was my 2nd uspsa so I received alot of helpful pointers and answers for my new guy questions. I was the guy shooting a glock34 and I work at ShoreShot (talked to a few guys about this). Just saw the scores are up..which is very nice not having a big wait to see how I did. I came to the match with the plan to be safe and have a good time, that part worked out and I even managed to hit some targets haha. My score ended up being better then I thought it was. All and all a good match

Side note: glad I could help out people with the random stuff I had in my gear, loaned some 1911 gear and a screw driver set came in handy for someones holster that needed an adjustment.

Great day, cant wait for the video!

what squad/s had video going? As an after thought I got a really small bit of video. Filmed a clip of one guy on his phone for him (I think Lou.. I'm pretty bad with names.. better with faces which isnt useful on a forum) Lawrence got video of me for 2 stages and I got a few of his stages. Video wise I think next month I will need to bring some flip ultraHD cams (cheap and little..good quality HD video) and throw em on a mini tripod safely out of the way to get at least an overall recording. I noticed a bunch of small things on the video that I could of did better/changed completely. Seemed helpful so far, I guess next time my scores will tell. It at least gives me a playback of what I did right/wrong and have a visual of it to figure out a better way or ask for advice after the thought.

Anyone record themselves at matches for review later? To me I think it could be helpful.. I found myself getting a bit of tunnel vision as far as my plan for reloads and stuff but the video showed some pretty big things I could of done better or at least more efficiently. Anyone wear a POV/hat-cam or similar for USPSA? Would make for a cool angle to playback, especially if combined with a regular camera angle..but seems could be extra bulk that may or may not be worth the hassle.

We started the day on 5.

Video helps to see how you are doing. We had a squad member bring out a camera and record us all. I know krdshrk wears a camera. I prefer being taped from the side as I think that can show you more on stance, draw, movement, etc. However, even if you have video, it is only helpful if you do something to improve.

What stage Slav?

Stage 7

The far leftmost target should have only been visible around the left of the front wall like so:

The left target behind the far right wall should have only been visible like so:

The remainder of the targets along the rear berm should have required three positions along the front edge of the free fire zone to engage - left corner, middle, right corner.

Stage 7

The far leftmost target should have only been visible around the left of the front wall like so:

The left target behind the far right wall should have only been visible like so:

The remainder of the targets along the rear berm should have required three positions along the front edge of the free fire zone to engage - left corner, middle, right corner.

Yes, jim and vlad were annoyed by soooo much google draw. =P

was a great stage anyway.

Yes, jim and vlad were annoyed by soooo much google draw. =P

was a great stage anyway.

If I designed it to be shot the way it was in the match I could have done it with one less wall.

Knowing that I would not be there, I provided views of how targets should have been visible to assist the builders. Apparently my efforts were not appreciated.

Thanks Moose!

I see I need to speed up alittle!

i move too slow.

:beach:

My advice to you and to anyone starting up is not to think about speed. Safety should be the first concern. Until you got things like finger off the trigger when moving and reloading and watching 180 ingrained to the point of being automatic - do not worry about speed.

After that....well I would still not worry about speed. For me personally trying to go fast generally leads to a disaster. I try to relax and just go at whatever speed comes naturally. But that's my opinion. I am not even an A shooter.