Greydaddy

What's wrong with us?

I don't know if it's ok to post this, but------someone please tell me what the HELL's wrong with

all the people that run this country!!!!!!

We're "broke" & can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless etc.,???????????

In the last months we have provided aid to Haiti , Chile , and Turkey .. And now Pakistan .....home of bin Laden. Literally, BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!

Our retired seniors living on a 'fixed income' receive no aid nor do they get any breaks while our government and religious organizations pour

Hundreds of Billions of $$$$$$'s and Tons of Food to Foreign Countries!

We have hundreds of adoptable children

who are shoved aside to make room for the adoption of foreign orphans.

AMERICA: a country where we have homeless without shelter, children going to bed hungry, elderly going without 'needed' meds, and mentally ill without treatment -etc,etc.

YET.....................

They have a 'Benefit' for the people of Haiti on 12 TV stations, ships and planes lining up with food, water, tents clothes, bedding, doctors and medical supplies.

Imagine if the *GOVERNMENT* gave 'US' the same support they give to other countries.

Sad isn't it?

99% of people won't

have the guts to forward this.

I'm one of the 1% -- I Just Did

You guys want to know the REAL answer? Its because the people that live here don't matter. The people running this country are salesmen and they need to grease the right palms on the planet to continue to do business.

I hate sounded like a delusional conspiracy theorist but i'm starting to believe this more and more. They have us under control so they're focused elsewhere.

I think that I actually know the answer.. after years of debating it in my head.. I really think I have it nailed.. ready..

for years.. people have worked hard.. and in many cases obtained success..

well over the years.. the cities.. states.. countries.. have adopted a help the less fortunate standpoint... and so then forever there was this mindset where if you were at the top and you made it.. you were "obligated" to help those at the bottom..

for years we went about our business.. earning more money than we knew what to do with... so we would just give it away as the older nations of the world watched and laughed..

well friends.. we have finally caught on to the scheme.. as long as you are rich.. and powerful.. no one is going to help you in ANY way.. and on top of that YOUR help is expected... so what I think (yeah I know it's going to sound a little nuts but follow me on this..) is that the leaders of our nation developed a plan.. if we could just spend ourselves into a never ending hole.. we could eventually (if we really try hard) become the richest 3rd world nation in the world! lets face it.. being the best of the best is no fun.. it comes with a ton of obligations, responsibility, and expectations.. but being the best of the worst.. now that is where it's at... nobody will expect anything of us.. so we will no longer need to provide aid.. being a 3rd world nation no one will want to come here so that will solve the illegal immigration problem as well... no one ever expects 3rd world countries to pay back money they owe.. BAM national debt? SEE YA.. it is instantly gone.. sorry China.. we are poor.. LOL what a plan!

I think that I actually know the answer.. after years of debating it in my head.. I really think I have it nailed.. ready..

for years.. people have worked hard.. and in many cases obtained success..

well over the years.. the cities.. states.. countries.. have adopted a help the less fortunate standpoint... and so then forever there was this mindset where if you were at the top and you made it.. you were "obligated" to help those at the bottom..

for years we went about our business.. earning more money than we knew what to do with... so we would just give it away as the older nations of the world watched and laughed..

well friends.. we have finally caught on to the scheme.. as long as you are rich.. and powerful.. no one is going to help you in ANY way.. and on top of that YOUR help is expected... so what I think (yeah I know it's going to sound a little nuts but follow me on this..) is that the leaders of our nation developed a plan.. if we could just spend ourselves into a never ending hole.. we could eventually (if we really try hard) become the richest 3rd world nation in the world! lets face it.. being the best of the best is no fun.. it comes with a ton of obligations, responsibility, and expectations.. but being the best of the worst.. now that is where it's at... nobody will expect anything of us.. so we will no longer need to provide aid.. being a 3rd world nation no one will want to come here so that will solve the illegal immigration problem as well... no one ever expects 3rd world countries to pay back money they owe.. BAM national debt? SEE YA.. it is instantly gone.. sorry China.. we are poor.. LOL what a plan!

:blink: I certainly hope that you are not a prophet because that sounds like a very sad state of affairs!!

Well the way I see it is that Americans are more willing to give money to foreign causes than US causes, because we feel that they are less fortunate than us. Take Haiti and New Orleans for example. Both hit by natural disasters yet Haiti is getting help from all over the world and New Orleans is still in ruins. Why? Because we feel Haiti has less fortunate people than New Orleans. We feel that people in New Orleans had the choice of all the same protections we have like savings accounts, 401ks, home owners insurance, car insurance, etc. So we as Americans don't see why we should help people who didn't help themselves when they could have. The same goes for homeless and unfortunately veterans (although I wouldn't put veterans in the same category).

Now if I had money to give away, I would give it to any area in need, but in these uncertain financial times I'm scraping by like everyone else.

Kind of getting off topic (charities vs. USA giving aid), but if you care to see who's making what, and what percentage of your donation really goes to those in need check out charity navigator. You'll find executive director salaries and other admin costs, fundraising costs and what slice of the pie goes to the needy. The part going to the needy is sometimes a very thin slice. The best and worst are listed on that site.