gunnarsport

New guy from Robbinsville (Mercer Co)!

Excellent!

I am VERY impressed with the feedback on this forum. So far, all you guys(or maybe ladies?) have been polite and courteous and given this total

beginner great advice and suggestions to start learning about this sport/hobby!

As I said earlier, my other love is cycling and rail trail riding. I have completed over 5 Century rides(100 miles) and now I really enjoy LONG

rides on rail-rails in NJ and out in rural PA. My expertise is in cycling and talking cycling, as I belong to several

cycling forums as well

Excellent!

I am VERY impressed with the feedback on this forum. So far, all you guys(or maybe ladies?) have been polite and courteous

No, no ladies here. Just kenw and tbtrout.

Welcome aboard sir!

btw, I used to ride a bike. But then I got my license so now I drive.

Not at all. Dont know what stores you go into.

If someone comes in who obviously does not look like they would qualify, they would give them the shoulder... but I can personally guarantee, anyone walking into ShoreShot/BA, if they act professionally, will have no issues talking, seeing the guns. Same for Cheyenne and Sportsmens Center.

If you look like a 16 year old kid who wants a Desert Eagle because it is in Counter Strike, or A glock 45 cause it is on a rap video.... they will tell you to pound sand.

In the years I have been shooting, I was only asked for my FID once, to look at a gun, at Dicks. And no, these people did not know me as Maks from NJGF.

Dick's, Bullet Hole, and Lou's I've been asked for FID.

Excellent!

I am VERY impressed with the feedback on this forum. So far, all you guys(or maybe ladies?) have been polite and courteous and given this total

beginner great advice and suggestions to start learning about this sport/hobby!

As I said earlier, my other love is cycling and rail trail riding. I have completed over 5 Century rides(100 miles) and now I really enjoy LONG

rides on rail-rails in NJ and out in rural PA. My expertise is in cycling and talking cycling, as I belong to several

cycling forums as well

my dad rode oregon to virginia. that's a whole crazy level of cycling. he still goes on a bunch of long trips every year. odd idea of vacation to me but hey, what do i know. you riders are a different breed. ;)

Thanks Pizza Bob,

Please understand I am a COMPLETE newcomer to guns, so I really have no idea about the forms you are asking for! I have not yet been to The Robbinsville

Twp Police for the paperwork, so perhaps I will be more knowledgeable to what you are asking for once I visit the police for the paperwork.

I have cycled all over NJ and PA and will be doing the 5 boro tour this May! I also enjoy seeking out new rail-trails to bike on in NJ and PA.

Thanks

Welcome,

Since you re going to the PD anyway pick up extra copies of the paperwork.

Several things to consider:

1. When you apply for your FID (permit to purchase). which is good to buy rifles and shotguns.......don`t forget to apply for several gun permits at the same time.

2. Fingerprinting is probably outsourced to Sagem-Morpho (you have to call and wait for an appointment and this will add to the waiting time).

Welcome to the forum from another new guy in neighboring east windsor. Cheyane mountain will let you look at and touch guns without a FID. I know because they did with me! I guess it all depends on who is behind the counter. There is a lot of good reading here and some pretty decent people as far as I have found so far. I hope robbinsville is as quick and friendly as east windsor was.

Enjoy your hobby ( I know I am!)

Ken

Welcome to the forum from Toms River. Come on out to one of the Tuesday shoots at Shore Shot and you should be able to handle, fondle and even shoot a variety of guns. We were all n00bs once and like to help.