Sign in to follow this  
damnyankee

How to get 9mm reloads?

I'll be coming to NJ for about 4 months and plan on shooting USPSA at least twice a month plus practice. That means at least 5000 rounds of ammunition. Since I shoot 9 Major I don't have a factory ammunition option. I really don't relish the possibility of being stopped or having an accident with 5 to 10 thousand rounds of JHP ammo while driving to NJ. and it's also a lot of weight in a little car.

Shipping it via UPS is a possibility but if I run out, I can't shoot any more.

IIs there anyone who can legally reload for someone else in NJ, preferably with an ATF license. I can supply all of the components to someone who can do the work reasonably. The load is Montana Gold 124gr JHP, carefully selected (FP, Speer, Win, Blazer and Remingtom) cleaned, once fired 9mm brass, WIN SPP, 6.7 gr AutoComp at an OAL of 1.165

It's my understanding that if I supply the components, the licensed reloader doesn't have to charge excise tax.

Is there any other solution that anyone can come up with?

Not sure if anyone will willingly load 9mm *MAJOR* commercially for you due to the liabilities of pressure. Like Maks said, maybe a buddy will let you do it yourself on thier press but thats quite some time behind the handle. Shipping/bringing your own ammo may seem like a PITA, but it may jsu be the lesser of two evils. What about bringing half now, then retrieving or shipping the other half later? Anyways, good luck with your conundrum!

Drop these guys an email. If anyone is making 9mm Major ammo, they will be...

http://www.atlantaarmsandammo.com/products.html

Not sure if anyone will willingly load 9mm *MAJOR* commercially for you due to the liabilities of pressure. Like Maks said, maybe a buddy will let you do it yourself on thier press but thats quite some time behind the handle. Shipping/bringing your own ammo may seem like a PITA, but it may jsu be the lesser of two evils. What about bringing half now, then retrieving or shipping the other half later? Anyways, good luck with your conundrum!

Drop these guys an email. If anyone is making 9mm Major ammo, they will be...

http://www.atlantaarmsandammo.com/products.html

They haven't had 9 Major for a while. They use new Starline brass and Starline hasn't produced any for a while with the proper head stamp for 9 Major commercial reloading.

I just checked and they no longer list 9MM Major as a product.

They haven't had 9 Major for a while. They use new Starline brass and Starline hasn't produced any for a while with the proper head stamp for 9 Major commercial reloading.

I just checked and they no longer list 9MM Major as a product.

I use regular 1x fired range pick up 9mm brass to load 9 major for my open gun.

Your best bet as some have said is to find someone who will let you use their press to load the ammo.

I use regular 1x fired range pick up 9mm brass to load 9 major for my open gun.

Your best bet as some have said is to find someone who will let you use their press to load the ammo.

Hi Ron,

Funny how folks in different places do different things. Down here you just keep reloading the brass until it fails during reloading. My Major load is MG124 JHP with 6.7 AutoComp, Win SPP and an OAL of 1.165 in an M&P 9L. It chrono's about 172 in my gun with a 5.71' Storm Lake threaded barrel and a modified Jager Comp. The load's too long for a G34.

I just ordered bullets, primers and powder for 7.5K rounds and a friend is going to let me use his 1050 for a couple of days. I think the biggest job is cleaning the brass. I pre-sort my brass after cleaning and prior to reloading. That was I do a quick inspection before loading it. I only load FC for matches and Win and Speer for practice. Everything else goes back to my friend who has a once fired brass business. At this point I've got enough to last me for my lifetime. Funny, but when many people know you're shooting 9 Major, they don't want your brass and the make sure to give it back to you so no one mistakes it for once fired.

The only thing that'll be a PITA is the weight of the ammunition on the drive up to NJ. I figure 30 lbs /1000 so it's like having an extra person in the car.

I'm sure I'll see you at matches starting in June and probably at The Bullet Hole as well.

Hi Ron,

Funny how folks in different places do different things. Down here you just keep reloading the brass until it fails during reloading. My Major load is MG124 JHP with 6.7 AutoComp, Win SPP and an OAL of 1.165 in an M&P 9L. It chrono's about 172 in my gun with a 5.71' Storm Lake threaded barrel and a modified Jager Comp. The load's too long for a G34.

I just ordered bullets, primers and powder for 7.5K rounds and a friend is going to let me use his 1050 for a couple of days. I think the biggest job is cleaning the brass. I pre-sort my brass after cleaning and prior to reloading. That was I do a quick inspection before loading it. I only load FC for matches and Win and Speer for practice. Everything else goes back to my friend who has a once fired brass business. At this point I've got enough to last me for my lifetime. Funny, but when many people know you're shooting 9 Major, they don't want your brass and the make sure to give it back to you so no one mistakes it for once fired.

The only thing that'll be a PITA is the weight of the ammunition on the drive up to NJ. I figure 30 lbs /1000 so it's like having an extra person in the car.

I'm sure I'll see you at matches starting in June and probably at The Bullet Hole as well.

You more than likely will not catch me at the bullethole :icon_e_wink:

But I look forward to seeing you at some matches!