avc8130

Do FPID and DL Addresses HAVE to Match?

Yup...and FTF doesn't deal with NICS.

Thank you Mr. Obvious.

ETA: In face to face transactions, the buyer is required to fill out his portion of a Certificate of Eligibility. If he puts down an address that is on the FPID and not his ACTUAL address, he is in violation of a 3rd degree crime. If he puts down an address that is different than what his FPID card states, should the seller proceed with the sale?

If from a dealer with NICS, they MAY deny or not do the NICS check, as the MVC will have the buyer's new address in the system and it will not match what the FPID says.

If doing a face to face, it would be up to the seller to accept that explanation.

How can they require you to do a change of address in a certain timeframe? If someone gave me crap, I would just say I didn;t change my address because I didn't intend to purchase any more but then later changed my mind.

Some satements on this thread seem to indicate the belief that once you have a FID, you had beteer keep it up to date till death...

How can they require you to do a change of address in a certain timeframe? If someone gave me crap, I would just say I didn;t change my address because I didn't intend to purchase any more but then later changed my mind.

Some satements on this thread seem to indicate the belief that once you have a FID, you had beteer keep it up to date till death...

Well you don't need to keep your FID up to date with changes as they happen but don't expect it to be valid for use if you don't.

Does someone who's permanent residency is in another state (as yours would be FL) need an FPID to purchase a long gun in NJ? How about "handgun" ammunition?

ac

I wondered that to since I also have property in a free state. I would rather deal with them instead of Peoples Republic of NJ.

Theoretically, simply moving should not require a full investigation for your "Change of Address" FPID. Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the interpretation the NJSP seem to follow.

No reason in the world a change of address should not be done "while you wait"....Investigation is certainly not needed.

What would I do if I change and get a Florida DL? Will NJ put my Florida address on my FID?

Yes they would.

Does someone who's permanent residency is in another state (as yours would be FL) need an FPID to purchase a long gun in NJ? How about "handgun" ammunition?

ac

2. Long gun purchases by

....A. NJ resident from

........(1) NJ dealer = NICS check with a FPID, COE and Photo ID

........(2) NJ resident = face to face with a FPID, COE with Photo ID suggested

........(3) Out-of-state dealer = NICS check with a FPID, COE and Photo ID

........(4) Out-of-state resident = must be transferred through

............a. NJ dealer = NICS check with a FPID, COE and Photo ID or

............b. Out-of-state dealer = NICS check with a FPID, COE and Photo ID

....B. Non-resident from

........(1) NJ dealer = NICS check with a FPID, COE and Photo ID

........(2) NJ resident = must be transferred through