87 Cam

Looking for a place to shoot

Lets try this than. Looking for a place to shoot close to Mercer County. I currently go to Fort Dix and Pistol People but im just tired of having to wait 2 hours at Fort Dix and than only get to shoot for 1 hour.

Lets try this than. Looking for a place to shoot close to Mercer County. I currently go to Fort Dix and Pistol People but im just tired of having to wait 2 hours at Fort Dix and than only get to shoot for 1 hour.

When do you have to wait 2 hours at Dix?

Unless you get there at 9 am or 10 am on the weekend, there is typically no wait. Either get there 30 mins before opening, or go later on in the day, around 1 or 2 pm.

If you shoot alot, then highly recommend going and joining Central Jersey Rifle & Pistol Club.

When do you have to wait 2 hours at Dix?

Unless you get there at 9 am or 10 am on the weekend, there is typically no wait. Either get there 30 mins before opening, or go later on in the day, around 1 or 2 pm.

If you shoot alot, then highly recommend going and joining Central Jersey Rifle & Pistol Club.

I belong to Central Jersey and it is a very nice facility. It also is not that far from Mercer County for the OP.

I usually try to get to Fort Dix 30 minutes before but last time we ran a little late and had to wait 2 hours.

As for CJRPC, I dont shoot enough to pay their higher fees, and I usually go with a few people.

Ft. Dix is close to parts of Mercer, but is a nuisance to get to for some of us (and I used to commute to McGuire). I've also had to wait up to two hours at Range 14 because of timing. And like 87 Cam, I don't currently shoot enough to pay for Central Jersey, but I'm starting to consider it because they have better hours.

One place close to Mercer is Falls Township Rifle and Pistol Association (http://www.ftrpa.com/) - but their membership is currently full and closed. Plus, I believe they are more expensive than Central Jersey Rifle & Pistol Club.

You may want to consider looking to the west, to free America. You have Falls Twp., Langhorne and Bucks County F&G all have clubs within 20 minutes of Mercer County. Falls has a waiting list - not sure about the other two. Not cheap, but not too bad, given the area. Be prepered for things like number of rounds in the mag and no rapid fire rules - again, seems to be the norm for this area. Langhorne was probably the most forward thinking, esp in regard to EBR's, but I think there was a coop of some sort there last year and they aren't quite the "go to" club for tactical shoots that they once were - still may be the best of the three, if that sort of stuff floats your boat.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

As for CJRPC, I dont shoot enough to pay their higher fees, and I usually go with a few people.

. And like 87 Cam, I don't currently shoot enough to pay for Central Jersey, but I'm starting to consider it because they have better hours.

One place close to Mercer is Falls Township Rifle and Pistol Association (http://www.ftrpa.com/) - but their membership is currently full and closed. Plus, I believe they are more expensive than Central Jersey Rifle & Pistol Club.

Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol Club is the best... With very little effort I reduced my dues to $150.00 and $100.00 the past two years.

I expect to pay no more than $100.00 for next year also. With a little effort Your dues could be ZERO. :icon_exclaim:

Your first year is as bad as it gets. To join this April you will need $400.00 up front and then make four quarterly payments of $50.00.

During the year, ten hours volunteer work will get you $50.00 off next year's dues.

For every new member you refer you will get $50.00 off next year's dues.

Attend a measly four meetings and you get $50.00 off next year's dues.

Anyone that would like to sample the club can contact me or just about any member and they would be happy to show you around. They will earn a $50.00 discount if you sign up. :icon_e_biggrin:

NJJim, how do you like the CJ R & P Club? That isn't too far from me, especially compared to Brick. My parents live right around the corner so I can also go visit them before/after. I spent some time on their website looking-around. It isn't cheap, but if the place is good I would consider it.

Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol Club is the best... With very little effort I reduced my dues to $150.00 and $100.00 the past two years.

I expect to pay no more than $100.00 for next year also. With a little effort Your dues could be ZERO. :icon_exclaim:

Your first year is as bad as it gets. To join this April you will need $400.00 up front and then make four quarterly payments of $50.00.

During the year, ten hours volunteer work will get you $50.00 off next year's dues.

For every new member you refer you will get $50.00 off next year's dues.

Attend a measly four meetings and you get $50.00 off next year's dues.

Anyone that would like to sample the club can contact me or just about any member and they would be happy to show you around. They will earn a $50.00 discount if you sign up. :icon_e_biggrin:

Yup, if you can get through the first year you are golden. I think it is definitely worth it compared to other places I have been a member.

NJJim, how do you like the CJ R & P Club? That isn't too far from me, especially compared to Brick. My parents live right around the corner so I can also go visit them before/after. I spent some time on their website looking-around. It isn't cheap, but if the place is good I would consider it.

I am very happy to belong to CJRPC! I think it is the best. It is cheap if you shoot. I figure my cost last year was less than $5.00 per visit.

25 and 50 yard pistol range.

200 yard rifle range. (target stand holders at 50, 100, 150 and 200 yards)

300 yard rifle range. (target stand holders at 50 yard intervals also)

5 skeet and trap fields.

Indoor pistol range. (24 hour use)

6-7 multipurpose ranges. (will be more)

archery range.

I am very happy to belong to CJRPC! I think it is the best. It is cheap if you shoot. I figure my cost last year was less than $5.00 per visit.

25 and 50 yard pistol range.

200 yard rifle range. (target stand holders at 50, 100, 150 and 200 yards)

300 yard rifle range. (target stand holders at 50 yard intervals also)

5 skeet and trap fields.

Indoor pistol range. (24 hour use)

6-7 multipurpose ranges. (will be more)

archery range.

Ive been there afew times. the place is GREAT!

I live approx 1 1/2 hrs away and considering joining.

for $250 AFTER the 1st yr, ur golden!

Millstone is pretty easy to shoot in if you have a friend whos family has a farm. Its legal too.

--------------------

No person shall discharge a firearm within Millstone Township.

a. Within four hundred fifty (450') feet of an occupied or unoccupied building, structure, or edifice.

b. Within four hundred fifty (450') feet of any public or private school property.

c. Upon or across any public road or highway, within Millstone Township.

d. In a careless or reckless manner, or which imperils or causes harm to personal security or endangers the property of any person within the township.

(Ord. No. 04-31, §I)

3-18.3 Exceptions.

This section shall not be applicable to the discharge of any firearm in the following locations or circumstances.

a. By members of any law enforcement agency of any municipal, County, State or Federal government or any representative of the New Jersey Division of Fish, Game and Wildlife, while in the performance of their official duties.

b. By any person in protection of himself, members of his family or his guest, or in protection of his property.

c. On farmland by the owner, or occupant of a farm, who actually resides thereon, or the immediate family who resides thereon, or by any person(s) having written permission from the landowner.

d. By farmers carrying and discharging firearms in the process of animal control in accordance with State law.

e. By a duly authorized hunter, possessing a valid hunting license, so long as they are in compliance with all laws, rules and regulations governing hunting in the State of New Jersey.

(Ord. No. 04-31, §I

------------------------------

I love my family :)

Ken