Gun Guy in NJ

NRA shooting clubs in NJ

I am looking for NRA shooting clubs. I am interested in the Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification courses of fire and starting to enter some competitions. I searched the NRA web site for clubs near me and tried to contact them but have not heard back from any yet.

Does anyone belong to or know anything about these clubs?

Hawthorne Gun Club

Mountain Competition Pistol Club

Timberline Outdoorsman Club

Hillsdale Targeteers

Or any others?

Thanks

I am looking for NRA shooting clubs. I am interested in the Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification courses of fire and starting to enter some competitions. I searched the NRA web site for clubs near me and tried to contact them but have not heard back from any yet.

Hawthorne Gun Club

Hillsdale Targeteers

Or any others?

Thanks

I know you are far away but South Jersey Shooting Club is going to have these qualification shoots for the NRA.

To be honest the NRA doesn't really have a lot to do with competition anymore. Bullseye is pretty much their last stand. You can shoot bullseye at almost every club, Old bridge, Central Jersey, etc. I do recommend that you also look at the many many other disciplines out there. I have nothing against good old NRA, its just that they spend a lot more effort on politics then they spend on shooting, and that's great, but their involvement with competition shooting is now minimal.

I thought Hillsdale Targeteers closed down after the Lead-O-Phobes closed the ranges around here due to toxic lead concerns and/or restricted their use to adults over the age of 18.

Did you check and see if the Ridgewood Rifle Club is still in existence? They are still listed as an NRA & USA shooting club, but private. I got my 4-position Rifle qualification in Smallbore (.22) there through their NRA Marksmanship Qualification program, but that was more than three decades ago.

On 3/17/2011 at 10:49 AM, Gun Guy in NJ said:

Hawthorne Gun Club

Hillsdale Targeteers

Or any others?

Thanks

I heard Hillsdale Targeteers will be using the range in Woodland Park (Gun for Hire). That’s great news.