Well I picked this gun up on the way home from work yesterday, ordered up some Teck Sights online. Didn't get to take it to the range yet, maybe later today or tomorrow, but wow, talk about a light gun, my other 22 is a Marlin Golden 39A and there is sure a difference. I saw the weight on the 795, but never held a rifle of that weight, will be real good for my 11 YO daughter.

Now I normally shoot a lever action and if your familiar with the 39A it field strips in 15 seconds and thats how I clean it every time I shoot it so I don't really care what ammo I feed her. I use bulk Remington crap in it and it works well but having reservations on using this in a mag fed gun.

Anyone use this in the 795 or even the 525 round Federal bulk box, also have that and the federal seems to be a little cleaner. Any experience with either of these because I like to save my CCI Mini Mag's for the P22, only have 300 rounds of that, but over 10000 rounds of the other stuff.

Harry

I ran 200 rounds of the Federal 525 bulk (36gr copper hollow point) and it ran just fine. I ran this before cleaning the gun and only had a couple of ftes. Overall pretty reliable.

Btw, did you check if the rail is canted slightly to the right?

You know, I go so wrapped up in other stuff I forgot, I'll check when I get home, still have a bunch of my measuring tools from when my father had a machine shop.

I'll edit this post later and let you know what I find.

ETA: I just eyeballed it, I didn't use any measuring devices and it's looks pretty good.

I'll use some of the tools I saved from the machine shop days and check it when I get the Tech Sights in and report back, I will be able to tell down to .001

Harry

Well I got the Tech Sights installed and they are straight on my Gun, Just eyeballed it and it look perfect and decided not to measure it because if I did find it off by just a hair (.003 by the way) and wasn't able to get it perfect it would bother me. Really like them, will probably hit the range to sight them in today of tomorrow.

Harry

Well I got the Tech Sights installed and they are straight on my Gun, Just eyeballed it and it look perfect and decided not to measure it because if I did find it off by just a hair (.003 by the way) and wasn't able to get it perfect it would bother me. Really like them, will probably hit the range to sight them in today of tomorrow.

Harry

Let us know how they shoot. I've been meaning to get out and sight mine in as well but I got knee deep (literally) in some house construction project.

Let us know how they shoot. I've been meaning to get out and sight mine in as well but I got knee deep (literally) in some house construction project.

I'll let you know, missed doing it today, Did a couple things after work and the OL called and said lets go look at getting rid of our 2002 Explorer and get a new Escape, smaller and a little better MPG's also, so we did that, Finished up most of the paperwork today and will go pick it up Monday evening. Either tomorrow after the USPSA gig or Monday AM. Either way, I'll keep you posted, they look nice and easy to work with.

Harry

Just picked up one of these rifles today through my FFL for a good price. After the $25 rebate, you can't beat this little rifle for the price.

How do the tech sights work? I've seen that they are highly recommended, but had some reservations on spending $70 for sights on a $100 rifle. Are they worth it? I wonder if a cheap red dot or regular scope would be better?

Just picked up one of these rifles today through my FFL for a good price. After the $25 rebate, you can't beat this little rifle for the price.

How do the tech sights work? I've seen that they are highly recommended, but had some reservations on spending $70 for sights on a $100 rifle. Are they worth it? I wonder if a cheap red dot or regular scope would be better?

Tech Sights or Red Dot, flip of the coin, I got the Tech Sights for my daughter to learn on, didn't want her to learn with optics. All up to what you prefer is what I would say.

Just by chance I got a call from the store I bought the 795 at, seems like they were audited and there was something they did wrong and I have to go in and do something, either way they said they will compensate me for my time with a gift card, I just might stop by and pick up one more of these so my wife can shoot one and my daughter the other, and I would have to try them out also. :)

I had to stop by anyway, needed a real light tent for an overnighter in PA next month on the bike for the races in Numedia.

, so I will kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Harry

Tech Sights or Red Dot, flip of the coin, I got the Tech Sights for my daughter to learn on, didn't want her to learn with optics. All up to what you prefer is what I would say.

Just by chance I got a call from the store I bought the 795 at, seems like they were audited and there was something they did wrong and I have to go in and do something, either way they said they will compensate me for my time with a gift card, I just might stop by and pick up one more of these so my wife can shoot one and my daughter the other, and I would have to try them out also. :)

I had to stop by anyway, needed a real light tent for an overnighter in PA next month on the bike for the races in Numedia.

, so I will kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Harry

I ended up ordering the tech sights. I like peep sights, as they are simple, rugged and very effective.

I was also looking at the issue that some people have had with the canted rail on their 795's and it seems like I've gotten lucky and got one without that issue. The factory sights also look like they were installed correctly too... I had read that some people had issues with the front or rear sights being installed for off center.

It's a sweet little rifle... and I might look into getting a wood stock for it sometime down the road. I found some nice ones on the Numrich site for pretty cheap ($45). Now I just have to find the time to get it to the range and play with it.

I ended up ordering the tech sights. I like peep sights, as they are simple, rugged and very effective.

I was also looking at the issue that some people have had with the canted rail on their 795's and it seems like I've gotten lucky and got one without that issue. The factory sights also look like they were installed correctly too... I had read that some people had issues with the front or rear sights being installed for off center.

It's a sweet little rifle... and I might look into getting a wood stock for it sometime down the road. I found some nice ones on the Numrich site for pretty cheap ($45). Now I just have to find the time to get it to the range and play with it.

Well I got home a little while ago with my second 795, lol. The store did give me a pretty good discount but not on anything firearms related, so I was going to pick up a new small tent anyway, so I took the discount on that, worked out to be 50% off. Now you got me thinking, I have 1 with Tech Sights, what to put on the other? Will it ever end??:)

Harry

Well I got home a little while ago with my second 795, lol. The store did give me a pretty good discount but not on anything firearms related, so I was going to pick up a new small tent anyway, so I took the discount on that, worked out to be 50% off. Now you got me thinking, I have 1 with Tech Sights, what to put on the other? Will it ever end??:)

Harry

LOL! I hear ya man... It NEVER ends! Muhaha! Here's some nifty upgrades for the 795:

http://www.diproductsinc.com/Products.aspx?CAT=3603

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=1137510A&catid=4082

I'm pretty certain that I'll get the wood stock in the near future. It adds some nice weight to the rifle and looks so much nicer than the cheap synthetic stock.

LOL! I hear ya man... It NEVER ends! Muhaha! Here's some nifty upgrades for the 795:

http://www.diproduct...s.aspx?CAT=3603

http://www.gunpartsc...510A&catid=4082

I'm pretty certain that I'll get the wood stock in the near future. It adds some nice weight to the rifle and looks so much nicer than the cheap synthetic stock.

You just had to do that didn't ya??

Bookmarked both sites for future reference,,, I'll look at them tomorrow.:)

Harry

http://www.diproductsinc.com/Products.aspx?CAT=3603

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=1137510A&catid=4082

I have the DIP aluminum trigger guard on my 795 - it's really nice! I replaced it because on my 2nd time out with the rifle, the cheapo plastic guard cracked :/ Not only does it look 100x better, it gives you a better grip on the magazine release. Pretty easy to install as well. I highly recommend it!

Have any of you guys seen any info on how to make the trigger a little lighter on the 795's? I hope the trigger lightens up with some use, because it's got a pretty heavy pull right out of the box.

Did you field strip it and clean and lube it before you shot it? I only ask because the first one I got is a smooth and has an easy trigger, haven't shot the new one but will next week.

Harry

Did you field strip it and clean and lube it before you shot it? I only ask because the first one I got is a smooth and has an easy trigger, haven't shot the new one but will next week.

Harry

Yep, did that... Lubed it up really good. It actually seemed to be bone dry, the way it came from the factory. Everything is smooth, but the trigger is a little heavy. I've read online that it comes with about a 8lb trigger pull from the factory. I did check out rimfirecentral.com and they had some info on there for a "do-it-yourself" trigger job... but with my luck, I'd probably botch it up and don't want to mess with it. I'm thinking that with some use the trigger will lighten up a bit.

Just put the Tech-Sights on my 795 yesterday and took it to the SCFGPA range late last night to zero it in. I'm not the best rifle shooter but these sights do work really well. Here's a shot of my results from 25 yards while leaning my elbows on a bench at the range.... No sandbag or rest. The trigger on the 795 is a little bit heavy out of the box... and if the trigger was a bit lighter and smoother, I think I could have created one big ragged hole with the shots. I'm hoping the trigger will lighten up a bit with some use.

This was 10 rounds, quickly fired in succession (about a second between each shot).

photo-1.jpg

Don't mean to revive an old thread here, but I have to say that I'm just so amazed with the Tech Sights that I put on this rifle. I can't believe the accuracy I'm getting out of this rifle with these sights!!! Have put about 400 rounds through my 795 so far and every shot has been in the bullseye ring! I guess I gotta give this little rifle some credit too... For $110 (Paid $135 minus $25 rebate from Marlin) it's gotta be one of the most accurate 22's out of the box! Can't beat that for the price.

The trigger has also lightened up and smoothed out considerably since I first got it as well. I love it!

Don't mean to revive an old thread here, but I have to say that I'm just so amazed with the Tech Sights that I put on this rifle. I can't believe the accuracy I'm getting out of this rifle with these sights!!! Have put about 400 rounds through my 795 so far and every shot has been in the bullseye ring! I guess I gotta give this little rifle some credit too... For $110 (Paid $135 minus $25 rebate from Marlin) it's gotta be one of the most accurate 22's out of the box! Can't beat that for the price.

The trigger has also lightened up and smoothed out considerably since I first got it as well. I love it!

It's good that you revived it, there may be a few people who haven't picked up one yet and the $25 rebate is good through the end of the year. I really like it and I have 2 of them now, my 11-YO daughter love shooting it and my wife and I will be going to the range today to shoot them and her new Ruger MKIII Hunter. I also agree the Tech Sites are great.

Harry

I was out at the range today with my 795 and I love it! ! I was running some of the rem bulk and some cci veloctiors. I had 8 ftes and one double feed with the rem in abut 300 rds but the cci ran flawless( about 150the rds). After zeroing my new scope I was able to hit 1" groups at 100 yards. Also if you guys haven seen it, sportsmansguide has a bsa sweet 22 scope for like 40 bucks. All in all for a total of like 160 I think I got the most accurate 22 possible.

I was out at the range today with my 795 and I love it! ! I was running some of the rem bulk and some cci veloctiors. I had 8 ftes and one double feed with the rem in abut 300 rds but the cci ran flawless( about 150the rds). After zeroing my new scope I was able to hit 1" groups at 100 yards. Also if you guys haven seen it, sportsmansguide has a bsa sweet 22 scope for like 40 bucks. All in all for a total of like 160 I think I got the most accurate 22 possible.

I haven't tried any of the cheap bulk .22 ammo yet... and not sure if I'll ever bother. I've been running CCI MiniMags through mine exclusively, and haven't had a single failure yet. The MiniMag's are a couple of more bucks, but totally worth it!

I'm really digging the tech sights on my 795.. but not sure that they'll do for long range target shooting (anything over 75 yrds), so I might eventually pick up a scope for it as well. That Sweet 22 scope you mentioned sounds like nice deal!

It's good that you revived it, there may be a few people who haven't picked up one yet and the $25 rebate is good through the end of the year. I really like it and I have 2 of them now, my 11-YO daughter love shooting it and my wife and I will be going to the range today to shoot them and her new Ruger MKIII Hunter. I also agree the Tech Sites are great.

Harry

Harry,

What's the furthest you've tried shooting with the tech sights? I haven't had a chance to shoot mine at longer distances yet... and not sure that they will be much use for shooting at long range (100yrd ore more). What's your experience with them?

Harry,

What's the furthest you've tried shooting with the tech sights? I haven't had a chance to shoot mine at longer distances yet... and not sure that they will be much use for shooting at long range (100yrd ore more). What's your experience with them?

Just thought I'd chime in since I have Tech Sights on one of my SKS's. I took my cousin to R14 on Saturday, which was his first time ever shooting anything bigger than a .22lr, and had him hitting a 10" steel plate @ 200yds about 50% of the time. Tech sights rule.