Destinydog

anyone mess with paracord?

Nice work DD, farther than I've gotten. I'm trying to get into "TAC-ra-me" but haven't made the time to really finish anything yet.

Shug - One good place to get paracord from is:

http://www.supplycaptain.com/index.cfm

If you don't know about it already, Stormdrane's blog has a lot of design examples and inspiration:

http://stormdrane.blogspot.com/

Nice work. I used to play around with line and do mid-level 'fancy work' on the brand spanking new Coast Guard Cutter. When you are the 'Plankowner' you get to do all the 'traditional' nautical touches...the 'how to' part is long gone. Anyway before I digressed, I've done some paracord wraps on key bug out small hand tools and want to take it up a few notches. I was thinking about it this morning and was wondering if there were any books on the para-projects and this post pops-up, nice timing.

So, how long did the second or third ones take to do and how much cord is in each one? Did you use the full cord or just the skin on some parts?

I always thought it was for wrapping stocks, making slings and pulling out stuck bikes in the woods. Never thought it would be for jewelry, athough, thats gotta be the strongest keychain in the world braided up like that!

I always thought it was for wrapping stocks, making slings and pulling out stuck bikes in the woods. Never thought it would be for jewelry, athough, thats gotta be the strongest keychain in the world braided up like that!

I think the idea is that you wear it until you need it. Rather than take a length of paracord with me when I go hiking, I just put a bracelet on and I have a lanyard for my knife. That way it's always with me in a very easily accessible place.

Carrying rope always makes me think Boondock Saints.

• Like 1

Nice work DD, farther than I've gotten. I'm trying to get into "TAC-ra-me" but haven't made the time to really finish anything yet.

Shug - One good place to get paracord from is:

http://www.supplycaptain.com/index.cfm

If you don't know about it already, Stormdrane's blog has a lot of design examples and inspiration:

http://stormdrane.blogspot.com/

Gracias. I didn't realize paracord was so popular.

I've made a bunch of survival bracelets with it for my friends and even sold a couple. They were pretty sweet...I found a place that had buckles with rescue whistles built in. I've made a few dog collars for friends too. When I get my shotty (hopefully this weekend) I want to make a sling for it out of paracord.

Looks good Dog, that's the cord that's hollow isn't it.

If so we used to use that to make loops. On a length of cord we would feed one end of it into the other overlapping them, I forgot the distance into one another but when you pull them they would not slip and you would have a loop with no knots in in. It was very strong, it was strong enough to hold you up if you wanted but we used them as a harness to attach a pilot and Hang Glider to a tow rope from an ultralight A/C. That is how we tow up Hang Gliders in places like Florida and other flat areas of the country. We also tow up behind Tuck's with a feed out winch and use a similar setup.

Nice Idea on what you made, that would be great to have for an emergency situation, small and while it might take you some time to unravel it, it would still fit the bill.

Harry