david8613

why do you have so many guns?

I should mention that you guys (and gals) have been a bad influence on me. I was perfectly content with my Glock 23 for almost a year. Now that I'm hanging out here, I have a P2P app in for three more permits, and I'm wishing I had made it for five! I plan to get a Glock 19, then perhaps a Beretta. (I love the look of it in another thread, and the comments were overwhelmingly favorable.) Not sure what I'll do with the other one, but I might splurge for a S&W 1911.

wow these responses are great lol! sometimes the subject comes up for what ever reason, but I always try to explain it's your right to bear arms and its not impossible to get a permit in nj, plus crime is on the rise everywhere, it's good to own at least one firearm for home defense and it's alot of fun at the range... I have converted 3 of my friends that were anti gun since I got my first permit last year. i plan to put in for 6 permits in the next couple of weeks and I'm going to do my best to use them all!

I don't have any yet, but I will. What suprises me was to find out what friends of mine have and I never knew about it! Seems like guns are "taboo" in this state of ours and those that own them don't really talk about it. Sorta like teenage kids having sex, we all know they're doing it but no one (parents) want to talk about it........... Well, this is one parent that will (and does) talk to his kids about these "taboo" subjects, I don't want to be a grandparent yet, and I want to own a LOT of guns!

I don't have any yet, but I will. What suprises me was to find out what friends of mine have and I never knew about it! Seems like guns are "taboo" in this state of ours and those that own them don't really talk about it. Sorta like teenage kids having sex, we all know they're doing it but no one (parents) want to talk about it........... Well, this is one parent that will (and does) talk to his kids about these "taboo" subjects, I don't want to be a grandparent yet, and I want to own a LOT of guns!

Well then, you'd better get crackin'

Time is very short for us, I'm afraid, before getting them is just a dream

You can't shoot 'em if you don't have 'em

:search:

Well then, you'd better get crackin'

Time is very short for us, I'm afraid, before getting them is just a dream

You can't shoot 'em if you don't have 'em

:search:

I have money in one pocket and no FID or P2P in the other yet............ :(

why not?

how many is too many?

http://sz0066.wc.mail.comcast.net/service/home/~/IMG00954-20110327-1807.jpg?auth=co&loc=en_US&id=108240∂=2

http://sz0066.wc.mail.comcast.net/service/home/~/IMG00955-20110327-1808.jpg?auth=co&loc=en_US&id=108241∂=2

these are not my guns these guns are in a southern gun friendly state, and belong to a relative. he told me he had another 7 rifles in his safe, but they wouldn't fit on the couch.

why not?

how many is too many?

http://sz0066.wc.mail.comcast.net/service/home/~/IMG00954-20110327-1807.jpg?auth=co&loc=en_US&id=108240∂=2

http://sz0066.wc.mail.comcast.net/service/home/~/IMG00955-20110327-1808.jpg?auth=co&loc=en_US&id=108241∂=2

these are not my guns they belong to a family member in a southern gun friendly state. he told me he had another 7 rifles in his safe, but they wouldn't fit on the couch.

Most likely a violation of federal law, with possible exceptions. He didn't have enough room in his safe so he left them with you in a different state is not one of those exceptions. You generally should not transfer firearms interstate without an FFL. Oh, BTW, blackpowder guns and BB guns and slingshots and water pistols etc. are not firearms under federal law.

Rule #2: Never ask a man how many firearms he has stored, it's like asking a woman her age

Rule #1: Build a vault. Support the addiction and collect until you have no room left in the vault. Build a bigger vault, and repeat. Buy additional houses/property as needed.

Fixed.

This is a great thread!

I was picking up six pistol permits from my PD, as I was signing them teh officer asked "why do you need so many guns?". I looked at him and said something that I heard somewhere, "don't be wary of teh person who wants many guns...be wary of teh person who wants one". He looked at me and said, " hey your right, I never thought of that!"

Jan

• Like 1

why do you have so many guns? thats the question i get asked alot, i usually say its your right, or jokingly ill say ill be ready when the zombies come! but i wanna know how many have you run into this question and whats your answer to them?

.I dont tell if asked unless its a close friend. usually my answer is. I dont have to many guns . :icon_mrgreen: