I haven't seen this mentioned, so I thought I'd bring it up. I'm surprised nobody has pointed this out before, though I have to admit I didn't catch it the first time.

From the State of New Jersey Application for Firearms Purchaser Identification Card and/or Handgun Purchase Permit

Question 28:

Are you presently, or have you ever been a member of any organization which advocates or approves the commission of acts of force and violence, either to overthrow the Government of the United States or of this State, or which seeks to deny others their rights under the Constitution of either the United States or the State of New Jersey? [emphasis added]

Uh, you mean like you guys are? You know, that pesky 2nd amendment. I doubt the people who created this form even realized the irony.

• Like 8

Assemblyman Carrol regularly submits bills to skip the permit and go to NICS. Generally doesn't go anywhere; but I wonder if he could get it a little further in today's budgetary economy.

Well, that's how we need to sell it to the public. Do you think your town is making money on the $2 per permit they get? The $18 MO goes to the NJSP. This obsolete redundant unnecessary system is costing tax payers a lot of money, money that could be better spent preventing crime or providing emergency services rather than rechecking that someone hasn't committed a crime in the last 3 months since their last round of permits, that is what NICS is for.

Well, that's how we need to sell it to the public. Do you think your town is making money on the $2 per permit they get? The $18 MO goes to the NJSP. This obsolete redundant unnecessary system is costing tax payers a lot of money, money that could be better spent preventing crime or providing emergency services rather than rechecking that someone hasn't committed a crime in the last 3 months since their last round of permits, that is what NICS is for.

NJ lawmakers don't care about spending taxpayers money or preventing crime. We have some of the the strictest gun laws in the nation and we also have Camden, one of the biggest toilet bowls.