usnmars

Anyone want to go to the CMP

I am looking for 2 more people that are interested in making a trip to the CMP next Friday night(April 1st) around 10pm. The plan is to leave my place about 9 or 10 and drive through the night. This should put us at the store around when they open on Saturday. I am just looking for 2 other people to split gas with. We did this trip last year and it was an absolute blast! and great to pick up some M1's. If you are interested, please PM me for more details.

From reading the CMP forums, it sounds like the north store is loaded with some CHERRY stuff right now!

I would love to go, but I would go deeply into debt if I even set foot in that store. Can I give you some money for ammo? I already have a Service Grade Springfield Armory M1 (Dec 43 SN)in my safe but you can always buy a bigger safe.

I will chime in here a little bit and try to answer some questions.

We will leave Friday night around 9pm drive through the night, stop for breakfast right outside of the CMP and be at the CMP doors for 7am. They open at 8am and I want to be the first person through the doors. We will spend approximately 4 hours in the store (this is what we spent last time). At that time we will leave the CMP drive outside of port clinton and stop for lunch. Then its a straight shot back to NJ. Don't expect to be home earlier than 9pm on Saturday night.

It is a long trip but without a double extremely worth it. I plan on picking up at least an M1D and something of this price tag is not something I want to mail order. I am also checking out a Rusty Kimber so it's definitely advantageous to drive the 8 hours each way to get a hand picked gun to your specifications not to someone at the cmp's specifications.

Just in case people are unsure, the CMP does accept all major credit cards without an extra fee. My purchases will be going on plastic for anyone with a 0% interest credit card that didn't have the budget planned for this trip.

At this time Eric and I are declining to pickup things for people. Everything the CMP sells can be ordered online. The price for ammo bought in store or shipped to your door is literally like a .50 cent difference. We urge you to go ahead and become a CMP member and order the ammo through them, they are extremely friendly and helpful.

One last note:

Last year we went we took my car and I did 35k miles last year. If anyone is going and is willing to donate their car to get us out there I would be forever grateful. Regardless of who drives, we still split the gas equally amongst everyone.

Any questions pm either Eric or myself and hopefully people will join us for an amazing trip!

M

I wish I could go with you, bad time of the year for me. I hope it doesn't snow, just saw the forecast and there is a chance, but that's a ways off yet, it's sure to change.

Will probably do a run over the summer.

What cherry stuff is there right now aside from $3000 c's?

No Bryan I drove throughout the year a total of 35k miles aka meaning I put a crap load of miles on my car and I'm trying not to do the same thing this year.

The trip from Erics house is 8 hours each way. Eric and I just figured it out and if we had 4 people in the car it would be about 40 bucks per person in gas to get out and back.

M

As of right now Bryan no hotel stay. Leave from Eric's house at 9pm friday night, drive though the night. Shop for half a day saturday, and then drive home saturday afternoon, be back by eric about 9pm saturday night.

we figure we'll leave later and drive through the night this way we don't waste money on a hotel room and spend more money on guns

M

As of right now Bryan no hotel stay. Leave from Eric's house at 9pm friday night, drive though the night. Shop for half a day saturday, and then drive home saturday afternoon, be back by eric about 9pm saturday night.

we figure we'll leave later and drive through the night this way we don't waste money on a hotel room and spend more money on guns

M

I think I paid $79 for a hotel room in Port Clinton and breakfast was included.

you need to be affiliated with a club. If you belong to the anjrpc you are good to go. If you belong to an american legion your good to go. The list is soo freaking long almost everyone belongs to something. If not the CMP club is 25 bucks for the year and your good to go.

M